DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power pack for mini 2.

Brigs66

Reactions
Can someone please tell me is there a way to charge mini 2 batteries when away from a home using a mobile power source.....Is there some kind of power module
that can be bought that recharges the mini 2 batteries reasonably quickly....and if so which one would you recommend and where does this power pack
receive its power from? Thankyou...

perhaps this Buy DJI Mini 2 Two-Way Charging Hub - DJI Store (the batteries are charged sequentially with the least discharged battery being charged first) and a "mobile power source" with a USB output or a cigarette lighter usb charger powering the same dji device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you taking the ****?
No! Why would you think that?
My suggestion fits your requirements as I understand them, although I did think it somewhat surprising that such an obvious solution had, apparently, been overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Fat Controller
Perhaps not obvious if the OP only bought the Mini 2 and not the flymore kit? Having said that a little research would have revealed that there is a 2-way charging hub available for the Mini 2, which, though it makes a thing of the fact that the hub can act as a power bank, doesn't also doesn't make it obvious that it can be charged from a power bank, which is what I took the OP to be asking.

doesn't make it obvious that it can be charged from a power bank, which is what I took the OP to be asking.
Hmmm interesting point, are there USB powered / charged devices that will accept power from only power sources of a certain rating? I realise that the speed with which various sources can charge a device varies (device permitting) but can they not all charge/power a USB device?

I had assumed that anything 'powered' / charged via a USB cable could draw power from any USB power source.

Reactions: The Fat Controller
You could just buy an APC battery backup power supply. You wouldn't need the large expensive ones. You can plug anything you want into the things, even a fast charger. I'm sure the small cheaper ones would suffice. I have the large APC backup systems all over my house. When There is a short power outage, like during a storm, my computers, monitors, TVs and Table Lamps stay on for a while. I love the things.

…I had assumed that anything 'powered' / charged via a USB cable could draw power from any USB power source.
The Mini 2, its controller, the 2-way charging hub can indeed be charged from any USB power source of sufficient capacity. Last week I was charging my batteries from a cigarette-lighter USB plug-in in my small teardrop camping trailer.

This was one of the features that convinced me to buy the Mini 2; USB charging is, um, universal, with many possible power sources for charging. Such as a car cigarette socket with USB charger, your tablet’s USB charger, your laptop or desktop computer, a battery power bank, a small solar panel with USB charging, etc.

On page four of this guide from DJI (link), it says that the hub needs at least 2 amps. 2.1a is a very common capacity for battery-based chargers, like cigarette plugs. Some phones don’t need that much, so capacities vary.

These: Charging adapter for Mini 2

These adapter clip onto the the Mini 2's battery and then get plugged into a USB power source. I recommend having at least one and an alternate USB wall brick or charging port. I think I can go from low to full in about 40 minutes given a strong enough wall charger. Where they come in handy is when you need to charge batteries simultaneously. The charger that comes with the Mini 2 FMC only charges one at a time. But with this adapter and additional power plugs you can charge one with the adapter, one in the Mini itself and one in the charger at the same time.

The other advantage to the adapter is that it is VERY small and very light. They take up virtually no space for travel.

Reactions: merak75
You want to get a QC3 / PD USB-C power bank for fast charging, standard 5V/2A works but will take ages.

Are you taking the piss?
Seems Phillius didn't anwer your question. Is that why you said that? Now it seems every bodY is off on a tangent. You asked "IS THERE SOME KIND OF POWER MODULE THAT CAN BE BOUGHT THAT RECHARGES MINI 2 BATTERIES RESONABLY QUICKLY"?
MY answer is an APC Backup Power supply. It puts out the same voltage as a wall socket. So you can buy any number of fast charging devices and get those batteries ready quick.

Sequential chargers are a pain in the you know what. I have one charger for every battery in my arsenal of drones and batteries. It's overkill, but I like it. My APC units allow me to plug all chargers in at once and have all batteries being charged at the same time.

Plugi this babie into an APC charger and your good to go. Charge your phone, remote and 4 batteries all at the same time! Amazon.com: Anbee Mavic Mini 2 Multi Battery Charger Station, 6-in-1 Parallel Charging Quick Charger Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini 2 Quadcopter RC Drone: Camera & Photo

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me is there a way to charge mini 2 batteries when away from a home using a mobile power source.....Is there some kind of power module
that can be bought that recharges the mini 2 batteries reasonably quickly....and if so which one would you recommend and where does this power pack
receive its power from? Thankyou...
If you want to use your car, you can buy this nice 20 dollar U.S. mini 2 nonsequential battery charger. Charge 2 batteries and your remote all at the same time. Amazon.com: 3-in-1 Car Charger for The DJI Mini 2 Drone - Drone Valley Gear: Toys & Games

Seems Phillius didn't anwer your question. Is that why you said that? Now it seems every bodY is off on a tangent. You asked "IS THERE SOME KIND OF POWER MODULE THAT CAN BE BOUGHT THAT RECHARGES MINI 2 BATTERIES RESONABLY QUICKLY"?
MY answer is an APC Backup Power supply. It puts out the same voltage as a wall socket. So you can buy any number of fast charging devices and get those batteries ready quick.

Sequential chargers are a pain in the you know what. I have one charger for every battery in my arsenal of drones and batteries. It's overkill, but I like it. My APC units allow me to plug all chargers in at once and have all batteries being charged at the same time.

Plugi this babie into an APC charger and your good to go. Charge your phone, remote and 4 batteries all at the same time! Amazon.com: Anbee Mavic Mini 2 Multi Battery Charger Station, 6-in-1 Parallel Charging Quick Charger Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini 2 Quadcopter RC Drone: Camera & Photo
I have that 6-in-1 charging station (parallel not sequential) and really like it a lot. I have 2 mini2 batteries and can charge them , a strobe and the controller all at once. ?

No! Why would you think that?
My suggestion fits your requirements as I understand them, although I did think it somewhat surprising that such an obvious solution had, apparently, been overlooked.
I thought your suggestion was concise and clear.

The response to it was also concise and clear, but less helpful.

That's brilliant. I hadn't thought of loading my APC into the car for this type of stuff (not that I've never needed it yet). Not an inexpensive solution, but would definitely be effective.

Where generally/specifically in the People's Republic of Crook County do you live?

Thanks for your replies and sorry to the guy Phillius who replied to my original question with my out of order reply...It was my fault for not making my question clear.....I was just trying to find out if there is a way to charge mini 2 batteries lets say when you are away from home, out in the middle of no where, flying and the 3 batteries become depleted....I saw a video recently on the Omni 20 power bank, and was thinking about something like this, but was wondering where does this power bank receive its power from as its obviously not solar...Is it something you have to pre charge at home first, before you go out?....Thanks all for your replies and apologies to Phillius...

Reactions: SkittleBob
...I saw a video recently on the Omni 20 power bank, and was thinking about something like this, but was wondering where does this power bank receive its power from as its obviously not solar...Is it something you have to pre charge at home first, before you go out?....
Yes, for most uses you would charge a power bank at home. They too can be charged in a car, by solar, etc.

I have a similar power bank, except without an AC 120v output, it only has usb out. I’ve not yet tried it with Mini 2 batteries. It will charge my phone at least 3 times, but won’t quite fully charge my iPad Pro 12.9.

<<edit>>
OMG, I just noticed the $200 price of the Omni 20+!
I paid under $30 USD for my similar capacity power bank. That’s a lot of money to get a 12v/120v inverter added in.

All usb would be my advice.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S