DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

pre-buy checks

soypp123

Reactions
New to the drone world.
Have received a good offer for a pre-owned Mavic 2 Zoom.

would you please help me (and others) draft a pre-buy check list?
Built-in checks to run? inflight checks?
Battery stats to read?
Thanks in advance!

One thing I would add is to ask to see the current owners flight logs in DJI GO4 to make sure they match whatever they claim it is.

Reactions: soypp123
This is what I would find out before purchasing:

1. Any crashes? Yes = significant discount or no buy. Who repaired?
2. Drone flight hours? Anything over 20 should be discounted.
3. SN and MFG date, buy newest as possible.
4. Number of recharge cycles for each battery and how they were treated. Meaning... were they ever charged while warm or always cold as this impacts battery life. Charging while warm is bad.
5. As far as built checks go just power it up and make sure no errors exist for gimbal or anything else and it seems good GPS.

4. Number of recharge cycles for each battery and how they were treated. Meaning... were they ever charged while warm or always cold as this impacts battery life. Charging while warm is bad.

How can i check that, beyond seller´s word?

Good question. As Lastrexking mentioned you could ask to see flight logs and flight durations, longer is better. You mostly need to go on sellers word that he charged properly.

Check if it's still under warranty. I bought a used M2P two weeks ago. Super new. The battery cycle counts are either zero or one. No problem in the test flight but the cooling fan inside stopped turning after I took it home. Fortunately the drone is still under warranty. I took it to the local DJI service center today and walked out with a new one ( not refurb ) :D

Reactions: rtr32 and soypp123
Don’t forget to gage the personality and style of the seller. Is he a bold reckless type, the conservative cautious type ,etc ...

Reactions: rtr32 and soypp123
Don’t forget to gage the personality and style of the seller. Is he a bold reckless type, the conservative cautious type ,etc ...
remember how people DO change when at a driving wheel! or joystick(s)[emoji1787]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan