DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Post 2222!

My FedEx tracking tool has gotten thousands of requests. I think the number of people who've used it far exceeds the number of Mavics shipped so far. Somehow that link (only posted on this forum) spread like wildfire to the DJI Forums, reddit, RCGroups, and I don't even know how many others. Wow.

If it's not out by Thanksgiving my wife will shut me down on this. She will drain our bank account for Christmas presents for people I rarely talk to. Demand a lot expensive holiday dinners and Ugly sweater cocktail parties. I'll be in a living hell with some STD as a President. Hopefully it will be one we get can cure for.

And the MAVIC PRO II and Phantom 5 will have been announced.

DJI Please have some compassion.

PLEASE!

Last edited:
Just wondering cause I'm heading to Iceland in April and want to use it on some of the glaciers

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Operating temperature of the battery is the only concern, nothing else is temperature sensitive on the drone. I have had the gimbal freeze up with snow/wind/0 degrees, but a few seconds of warm air fixes that.

Reactions: A_Chemist
I think someone needs to Google fleshlight... flesh goes in,not out

Maybe he read my previous post of receiving a fleshlight in my Mavic box to hold me over during the delay :D

EDIT... Gahh I'm half awake..I re-read your post and now it makes sense! Which makes me think, he's playing possum... He knows **** well what a fleshlight is! lol

My Amazon (E Zee Electronics) order still says arriving Wednesday of next week. Just waiting for the 'sorry Charlie' email that is surely coming...

Confirmed with E ZEE that the date won't be met...here is their standard response today.

"Hey, they told us yesterday night that they have begun shipping but it will take up to 2 weeks to get orders out, we keep bugging them everyday and this is the most they have told us. They stated they have begun shipping single units and only 40 units have gone out to north america in total.

pretty much the only information they keep giving us everyday we ask"

Waiting to hear from Carolina Dronz about their shipment next week. If its going to be delayed i am going to cancel my order. No sense in paying 1300 dollars for a fly more package now when i probably wont fly at all this winter. Maybe there will be a better option by the spring.
DIs you hear something from Carolina Dronz, they haven't answer any of my emails.

Confirmed with E ZEE that the date won't be met...here is their standard response today.

"Hey, they told us yesterday night that they have begun shipping but it will take up to 2 weeks to get orders out, we keep bugging them everyday and this is the most they have told us. They stated they have begun shipping single units and only 40 units have gone out to north america in total.

pretty much the only information they keep giving us everyday we ask"
Thanks for the info. But I don't even buy the '2 weeks' line, DJI has essentially zero credibility at this point. They will spit out an inadequate number of units just to say they are shipping and in two weeks it will just be another two weeks so I'm pretty close to done, and unless something really does happen in the next week or two I'm probably going to just wait until Spring. It's just not worth it anymore.

Thanks for the info. But I don't even buy the '2 weeks' line, DJI has essentially zero credibility at this point. They will spit out an inadequate number of units just to say they are shipping and in two weeks it will just be another two weeks so I'm pretty close to done, and unless something really does happen in the next week or two I'm probably going to just wait until Spring. It's just not worth it anymore.
Aren't you waiting either way?

Reactions: Michaelangelo
funny thing is that i ordered in september personally *because* i didnt trust DJI.
i trust their flying machines are great though. First batch always gets it +- in time (like, 2 weeks late lol). Second is always getting screwed.

Rose with DJI chat told me just now that they'll ship mine today, which means nothing at all to me, really, except that they've never told me that before. Either way, based on my order time I know mine is close to shipping, but the problem is that, at this rate, being in the next batch of 50 shipments could still mean 1 week.

Reactions: Michaelangelo
Rose with DJI chat told me just now that they'll ship mine today, which means nothing at all to me, really, except that they've never told me that before. Either way, based on my order time I know mine is close to shipping, but the problem is that, at this rate, being in the next batch of 50 shipments could still mean 1 week.
dj, where are you man? Sorry, I know you posted a million times before.

I'm 2016-09-28 11:30:03 (UTC) Fly-less. Wonder if mine will be in your group?

Hope you get it.
Bill

dj, where are you man? Sorry, I know you posted a million times before.

I'm 2016-09-28 11:30:03 (UTC) Fly-less. Wonder if mine will be in your group?

Hope you get it.
Bill
No worries. I'm in Utah, USA. Fly More Combo: 2016-09-28 00:10:42 (UTC).

I'm a little worried that shipments have slowed (if that's even possible), because not many people are posting shipping confirmations lately.

Reactions: BlueSkies
Aren't you waiting either way?
I'll be waiting in one respect or another I suppose, but without $1,300 tied up indefinitely. And there's not much point in having it in the middle of winter anyway, might as well wait for 'Rev 2'.

Mine shows shipped! No tracking number though. Reached out via chat support and they said tracking should be available in a few hours.

2016-09-27 19:45:42 (UTC)

Please add me to the spreadsheet:

Fly More Combo ordered from DJI direct
29 - Sep at 15:54:01 (GMT)

Payment taken a month ago and no indication as to when will ship. I requested a ballpark estimate today via chat, got nothing...

My biggest issue is being charged so far in advance of shipment. This is against most credit card terms.

I also have an issue with almost non-existent communication. Like many others on this forum, I just need to have an idea of when as travel plans cannot be changed. If I do not get an answer in the next two weeks I will be forced to cancel the order.

I'd rather get a reliable product than have them ignore whatever issues they are facing, but we should have some idea as to when.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaffainNL