DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

All those people that ordered two or more from different suppliers to try and make sure you get one I have no sympathy at all for your delay. Logic dictates you are waiting longer because of your thought process!! :mad:

oh and so am I !!!

Put me on the list @TopQuark. Amazon, 10:05 AM PST Sep 27th.

Been pestering them and I got nothing. Nothing pisses me off more than breaking promises. I heard they did an earlier ship date (even though they knew they couldnt meet it) to get more sales from people on the fence for the Karma. Starting to think that is true. What a mess
It's true they did panic and launch too early, but thats the DJI way I guess based on past experiences...

I just saw my first Karma in the flesh at Best Buy and it seems like a really nice unit, very clean design and of course the GoPro product line integration and removable gimbal are nice features. I'm not going to cancel my Mavic order for it but I was left feeling a little sorrry for GoPro, if the Karma had been out just a few months sooner (or the Mavic a few months later) I think they would have sold a zillion of them. It does kind of leave me wondering whether DJI intentionally had their finger on the scale when it came to a product availability date, to beat the Karma or at least make us think they could.

I just saw my first Karma in the flesh at Best Buy and it seems like a really nice unit, very clean design and of course the GoPro product line integration and removable gimbal are nice features. I'm not going to cancel my Mavic order for it but I was left feeling a little sorrry for GoPro, if the Karma had been out just a few months sooner (or the Mavic a few months later) I think they would have sold a zillion of them. It does kind of leave me wondering whether DJI intentionally had their finger on the scale when it came to a product availability date, to beat the Karma or at least make us think they could.
Remember they sort of kept the original promise....

They did actually 'START SHIPPING OCTOBER THE 15TH'!!

Okay may of only been a few dozen across the WORLD!! But they shipped... :DTU

The Karma is already on the shelves??

Amazon finally changed my order ETA. They removed the 18th, and it just says "expected by" 26th... [emoji19]
3b6606b96becc4a0de3c5f908f3c2e74.jpg

To

33b00921ac22b6826734712cc8063f83.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
so here it what I think ready ?

I have a feeling the DJI grounded all Mavics that were sent out to Vloggers and others for testing and publicity purposes.

You see Casey lost his maybe user error right ? Now I been watching Ijustine iJustine

And she on here vacation stopped using the Mavic and said it was too windy. For the remainder of her vacation she used the P4 even on non-windy days.

It starts with her video called “Drone from the pool “ maybe a wild theory but I say you won’t see her use it anymore.

Just a wild thought

Reactions: botasky

I have a feeling the DJI grounded all Mavics that were sent out to Vloggers and others for testing and publicity purposes.

You see Casey lost his maybe user error right ? Now I been watching Ijustine iJustine

And she on here vacation stopped using the Mavic and said it was too windy. For the remainder of her vacation she used the P4 even on non-windy days.

It starts with her video called “Drone from the pool “ maybe a wild theory but I say you won’t see her use it anymore.

Just a wild thought
Or Aliens...??

They have the Karma already? Where?

Just a wild thought
Puts aluminum foil hat on...

Reactions: Derf
The Karma is already on the shelves??
No, sorry, didn't mean to imply that. What I saw was in a display case, both drone and controller. But if it wasn't a fully-functional unit it sure appeared to be, and the design seemed to be executed quite nicely, elegantly even. A very visually attractive unit, probably the nicest I've ever seen. None were in stock yet however, 'soon' was what I was told (hmm, where have I heard that before...)

I had put in two orders. A drone only order at B&H and the the fly more package at Adorama. While, Adorama hasn't charged me yet, B&H charged my credit card immediately and I didn't quite like that so I cancelled the order at B&H. I guess the next person in line will get his sooner.
Are you sure B&H charged your card or just authorized it? I've been a loyal customer of B&H for over 15 years and they never charge until a product ships -- unless it's a special order. B&H authorized my card for $1299 on my order for the Fly More Package, but of course the authorization dropped off.

I have found B&H to be one of the most reputable companies I've ever dealt with.

Just a wild thought

I actually wondered if she lost her drone too... She doesn't flat out say it; but that was my suspicion when I saw that video. And unlike Casey she is a paid spokesperson for DJI.

Are you sure B&H charged your card or just authorized it? I've been a loyal customer of B&H for over 15 years and they never charge until a product ships -- unless it's a special order. B&H authorized my card for $1299 on my order for the Fly More Package, but of course the authorization dropped off.

I have found B&H to be one of the most reputable companies I've ever dealt with.
Yeah they did charge it. I got in touch with their CS department and got this reply.

Unfortunately we don't have an expected delivery date at this time for your order as it is currently backordered by the manufacturer.
As soon as we receive it in stock we will promptly ship it to you. Once the order has been shipped we will notify you via e-mail. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.
I am sorry for the confusion, I have checked, and we did charge your Pay Pal account upon placing the order.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
Thank you, we appreciate your business.

I actually wondered if she lost her drone too... She doesn't flat out say it; but that was my suspicion when I saw that video. And unlike Casey she is a paid spokesperson for DJI.

I just posted on her most recent video and asked her if she had a fly-away and to show her Mavic again on her vlog.

Yeah they did charge it. I got in touch with their CS department and got this reply.

Unfortunately we don't have an expected delivery date at this time for your order as it is currently backordered by the manufacturer.
As soon as we receive it in stock we will promptly ship it to you. Once the order has been shipped we will notify you via e-mail. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.
I am sorry for the confusion, I have checked, and we did charge your Pay Pal account upon placing the order.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Is your PayPal linked to a debit or credit card? It is common for debit cards to be charged since pre-authorizations are not possible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe