DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I ordered Oct 11 from DJI. I realise I'm way back in the queue but I wasn't too bothered by that as it's being sent to my in-laws and I can't pick it up until just before Christmas.

However, we still only seem to be on about 30th Sept orders at the moment and I'm starting to get concerned I might not have mine delivered before Christmas at this current rate.

That would be pretty pathetic from DJI, especially as they charged me on Oct 11th. You'd have thought ordering 11 weeks in advance would have been in plenty of time, but right now I'm not so sure!

You can Update the list! Mine shipped this morning... Tracking number and all... it's supposed to arrive Thursday according to FedEx. Just to recap I ordered fly more bundle and Mavic care 2016-09-27 22:08:24 (UTC)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, Apple orders are starting to make progress, CC charged and shipments pending.

And nothing for me so far.

Zeroescence, any update on yours? Mine can't ship until yours does! Well, supposedly.

We're the next two DJi Direct orders to be shipped, based on order time.

Reactions: Zeroescence
Wonder how long it'll take for people who ordered in the last week

/captain obvious

You can Update the list! Mine shipped this morning... Tracking number and all... it's supposed to arrive Thursday according to FedEx. Just to recap I ordered fly more bundle and Mavic care 2016-09-27 22:08:24 (UTC)

Well that's upsetting. I ordered my Fly More direct from DJI more than 2 hours before you (9/27 19:56:15 UTC) and still nothing yet....

Talk about over achievers! My Fly More ordered 2016-09-27 20:34:35 (UTC) shipped from DJI on Friday to be delivered Nov 2 but I watched it over the weekend going to Anchorage, Memphis, San Francisco, Oakland. Now out for delivery this morning!!

Last edited:
IT'S HERE, TWO DAYS AHEAD OF SCHEDULED DATE (by FedEx)!! MY FLY MORE COMBO!!!

The box looks fine, but I'm almost afraid to open it in the fear that it might be a cruel joke by one of you all!!!! (kidding of course)

For those who wonder, I ordered it 9-27 at 19:44:09 (UTC) which is 2:44PM (CST).

View media item 33

Talk about over achievers! My Fly More ordered 9/27 shipped from DJI on Friday to be delivered Nov 2 but I watched it over the weekend going to Anchorage, Memphis, San Francisco, Oakland. Now out for delivery this morning!!

Must have been shipped with mine... I got it about half an hour ago. :D

Reactions: Nathan Hoover
Well that's upsetting. I ordered my Fly More direct from DJI more than 2 hours before you (9/27 19:56:15 UTC) and still nothing yet....

You know, there were several that shipped ahead of mine that were ordered after me. I wondered if it was because I chatted with DJI Sales so many times and e-mailed back-and-forth with one of the reps as well.... kind of like payback. They aren't exactly first come, first sent, but they are close.

Received my shipping notification this morning. Ordered Amazon (DJI) on 9/27 Fly More. Will be delivered on 11/3. I had received a pending cancelation from Amazon last week saying order will be canceled if not shipped by 11/2. DJI replied to my concern about that and confirmed my order would be shipped before cancelation took effect.

At the rate these are shipping, my 10/10 order will likely not go out any time soon. It is easily 11-13 days behind the slow trickle of orders from 9/27 and 9/28 still just now going out... It is really unfortunate we don't have a better idea by now when greater production numbers will be available to fulfill the very large lot of preorders.

For all we know, they are on the verge of pouring in from the factories do to full production runs taking place (not likely)... but DJI's lack of recent communication makes it hard to know what is going on.

Must have been shipped with mine... I got it about half an hour ago. :D
At the rate these are shipping, my 10/10 order will likely not go out any time soon. It is easily 11-13 days behind the slow trickle of orders from 9/27 and 9/28 still just now going out... It is really unfortunate we don't have a better idea by now when greater production numbers will be available to fulfill the very large lot of preorders.

For all we know, they are on the verge of pouring in from the factories do to full production runs taking place (not likely)... but DJI's lack of recent communication makes it hard to know what is going on.

Hang in there bud!!! Once it DOES arrive, you'll forget all that anxiety of not knowing. For ALL of you, I suspect/hope that there will be an increase in the number of shipments sometime really soon.

Reactions: BatFastard
So just found out about this drone and of course want one bad, but trying to figure out best way to get it.

Do you guys know or think Apple or Best Buy will have some in stock on opening day whenever that is? Is Nov 2nd opening day? What is? I've looked through some of this thread and on google searches trying to find the answer but can't seem to. If they have stock on hand that will obviously be fastest way for guys like me who found out about it late to get their hands on one. Anyone have any insight into this?

So just found out about this drone and of course want one bad, but trying to figure out best way to get it.

Do you guys know or think Apple or Best Buy will have some in stock on opening day whenever that is? Is Nov 2nd opening day? What is? I've looked through some of this thread and on google searches trying to find the answer but can't seem to. If they have stock on hand that will obviously be fastest way for guys like me who found out about it late to get their hands on one. Anyone have any insight into this?
Get in line. People have been ordering them for the last month... unless you get lucky with finding one in a store then it's going to be a bit before you can get one.

Or you can pay a $300-500 markup to someone that is willing to sell theirs. They are on eBay and even a few have popped up here for that kind of markup

Hang in there bud!!! Once it DOES arrive, you'll forget all that anxiety of not knowing. For ALL of you, I suspect/hope that there will be an increase in the number of shipments sometime really soon.
Yes, I agree. I predict that, as soon as mine finally ships, then the rest will ship immediately, all at once, and appear on everyone's doorsteps instantly.

Hey everyone. First post. Just a little late to the discussion. Add my details to the spreadsheet if you like.
Ordered 9/29 12:37 (utc) fly more. Dji store
Waiting patiently in Canada. Zero updates so far.

So I just got off the phone with Apple, and the guy was telling me Dec. 21st they will be available in store. So I guess I need to get in line.

Now I just need to figure out best retailer to get it from.. I read Adorama has a good replacement programm, better than the DJI one so was thinking of ordering from there. Any insight though as to where to order to get it fastest? I'm guessing its a crapshoot and there is no way to know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis