DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Well, my shipping status is still showing "Pending" and nothing on the FedEx tracker for my Zip Code, but.... My carrier changed from whatever the previous value was to "FedEx," so that indicates some kind of progress! (No tracking number listed yet.)

EDIT! SHIPPED! (Ordered 10/27 at around 3:30 PDT)
Sorry for the lack of details! Ordered from DJI.com, Fly More Combo. And it does look like the DJI Care Refresh is in the box too.

So I just got off the phone with Apple, and the guy was telling me Dec. 21st they will be available in store. So I guess I need to get in line.

Now I just need to figure out best retailer to get it from.. I read Adorama has a good replacement programm, better than the DJI one so was thinking of ordering from there. Any insight though as to where to order to get it fastest? I'm guessing its a crapshoot and there is no way to know.

Crapshoot at this point. They haven't been shipping long enough to know

If you go to the first page of this thread there's a spreadsheet that has some info on order date, ship date, retailer, etc. for a bunch of people.

And nothing for me so far.

Zeroescence, any update on yours? Mine can't ship until yours does! Well, supposedly.

We're the next two DJi Direct orders to be shipped, based on order time.

No, I sure haven't received any updates my friend. With my luck I won't see an update for awhile.

I hope we see something soon. Good luck to you. I'll make sure to post something as soon as I see movement.

Reactions: djholt
Those of y'all who ordered later and are wondering if yours isn't going to ship until 2019, keep in mind that a large percentage of the orders were likely in the first couple of days. So I would guess that by the time they hit the first October orders the day counter for shipping will start spinning a lot faster...

Reactions: LakeTravis
No, I sure haven't received any updates my friend. With my luck I won't see an update for awhile.

I hope we see something soon. Good luck to you. I'll make sure to post something as soon as I see movement.
Thanks for the update! I really thought ours would ship today. If they don't ship tonight/tomorrow, then I'll be walking around all day tomorrow with one eyebrow firmly, permanently raised.

Reactions: Zeroescence
Ok not sure if I missed something but now I'm confused. I ordered one Fly more package from Amazon (DJI) on 9/27. When checking Fed ex I have two packages coming my way from china.
Package one - 4.85 lbs / 2.2 kgs 23x38x49 cms
Package two - 9.7 lbs / 4.4 kgs 23x38x49 cms

Is this normal for the fly more orders? I apologize if this has already been addressed.

Ok not sure if I missed something but now I'm confused. I ordered one Fly more package from Amazon (DJI) on 9/27. When checking Fed ex I have two packages coming my way from china.

Is this normal for the fly more orders? I apologize if this has already been addressed.
No, not normal. That is one basic Mavic, and one Fly More Combo (including the Mavic). Maybe it was a mistake and only one of those is actually coming.

might as well add me to the pending list.

Ordered 10/28 12:13:44 UTC from DJI direct.
Fly more package
heading to Canada
no updates as of this morning

really hoping to see it before November 17th as it a birthday present to myself

They must have sent you mine by mistake. Let me know when you receive both and I will give you my address to have it forwarded to.

Thanks for the update! I really thought ours would ship today. If they don't ship tonight/tomorrow, then I'll be walking around all day tomorrow with one eyebrow firmly, permanently raised.

No problem.

Yeah, when I talked to dji chat they said they have no idea when more of the fly more bundles will ship. I said, "why are people who ordered after me getting tracking info." They said, "these are 1st in, first out." Yeah right!

So nobody has a good answer from DJI. But if ours don't ship soon something is wrong. Lol. I think we are close.

I ordered Oct 20th, 3:38 PDT, Fly More Combo from Amazon - Innovative UAS. Shipping estimate has remained Nov 17 to 21 since I ordered.

I ordered Oct 11 from DJI. I realise I'm way back in the queue but I wasn't too bothered by that as it's being sent to my in-laws and I can't pick it up until just before Christmas.

However, we still only seem to be on about 30th Sept orders at the moment and I'm starting to get concerned I might not have mine delivered before Christmas at this current rate.

That would be pretty pathetic from DJI, especially as they charged me on Oct 11th. You'd have thought ordering 11 weeks in advance would have been in plenty of time, but right now I'm not so sure!

I ordered at around a similar time... Agreed that we're way back in the queue, but it might not be as bad as it seems. I don't know anything for certain, but I would suspect that placement of orders is not linearly distributed between Sept 27 and Oct 11. Of those 15 days, you'd think the vast majority of pre-orders were placed on Sept 27 and 28 (guys who know they're going to pre-order likely pre-order ASAP). And then the lazy guys like us start to trickle in.

I'd say when orders placed early October start to go out, the mid Oct ones will follow shortly after (much quicker than it takes to move from say, Sept 27 to Sept 29 or Sept 30 orders).

If you look at the spreadsheet, there are 243 pre-orders logged on this forum. 158 of those orders (65%) were placed in Sept. (50% of orders in the first 2 days). By this (admittedly primative) method, by the time Sept 29 orders ship, half of the pre-orders will have been filled. By the time Oct 1 orders ship 65% of the pre-orders will be filled. Only 28% of the orders were placed between Oct 1 and Oct 11... so it shouldn't take quite as long.

Of course, there's some selection bias here (but probably not that extreme. Early pre-orders are more likely to post here, but if you're interested enough to pre-order at all, you're probably here anyway).

Plus, it doesn't account for how many units were manufactured in advance (although the initial period with zero shipments suggests not much!).

Anyway, just a little tidbit that might help things look a bit better!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablo and ___
The latest US Fly-more shipment to the US I have seen is UTC 27th 23:35, the needle moved 1.5 hours since Friday, Although have no idea how many prior to that time that still have not shipped. They are getting close to completing launch day (UTC time) orders shipped

Seems I am close I am 27th 23:46

Here's a laugh for all of you still waiting. My Fly More arrived this morning two days ahead of schedule. I've been charging the batteries about an hour now, then have to charge the remote before I go fly. My girlfriend called and asked if I would come and meet her for lunch. When I told her the new quad showed she said "hmmm... I think I'll go to Victoria's Secret at lunch time". Of course (like an idiot) I asked why, she said "I'm gonna have to work harder to get some of your attention for at least a few days". You can bet I'll be done with any test flying by around 6:00PM tonight!!!! She's a keeper!!! ;)

Reactions: ___ and TopQuark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead