DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Ordered a unit from Advexure - 10-31 - Flymore combo this time

Double dipped, doing a little split test b/t Newegg and Advexure, Advexure definitely is the most forthcoming on when they think the product will ship (late November) vs. Newegg who had absolutely no concrete info, they kept referring me to DJI corporate. Their site also says Dec. 15th which is what had me do a 2nd order.

So we'll see who ships first, maybe I'll cancel the other order, or maybe I'll keep it and throw it on ebay to make a quick few hundo, I don't usually do that type of thing and I know some people may frown upon it but it's simply capitalism and the laws of economics at work.

Their site also says Dec. 15th which is what had me do a 2nd order.
Any dates on sites ('end of November', Dec. 1, Dec. 15, etc.) are absolutely meaningless at this point as no one knows when DJI will be able to ship a significant amount of product. If one site says Dec 1 and another says Dec 15 it only means the latter vendor is being more conservative in their estimate so as not to get burned again. Since there's no way to know what will transpire in the coming weeks I'd suggest just ordering from your favorite vendor, with maybe the larger ones having an advantage. IOW I'd shop based on the reputation of the vendor (those with a history of honest dealings and good communications) rather than shop by promised ship date, which again is nothing but anyone's guess at this point. In fact anyone promising an earlier date is probably not being very honest because with DJI's silence they really have no basis to make the commitment. Newegg was one of the few vendors that had anything to ship so they are probably as connected as anyone, and even they are quoting Dec. 15 right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh Miller
Amazon lists my order as "Shipped" today from Drone World. No shipping confirmation number or exact date (lists it as between Nov 1 and Nov 14), but my credit card has a pending charge on it for the drone.

I have a order on Amazon 10/4 prime. At one point I thought it was through e zee electronics via Amazon prime but my order says ordered from Amazon LLC. Not sure if this changed or when I waited a few days scoping out the reviews I ordered a different way.

Anyways mine still is on order with a pending delivery date and release date of Dec2nd.

I almost ordered from Ez based on their reviews I'm so glad now that I didn't! I'd stick to DJI Apple BB or New egg from here on out. Tomorrow is actually my b day so I will stroll in a Apple Store and see if I have any luck

Any dates on sites ('end of November', Dec. 1, Dec. 15, etc.) are absolutely meaningless at this point as no one knows when DJI will be able to ship a significant amount of product. If one site says Dec 1 and another says Dec 15 it only means the latter vendor is being more conservative in their estimate so as not to get burned again. Since there's no way to know what will transpire in the coming weeks I'd suggest just ordering from your favorite vendor, with maybe the larger ones having an advantage. IOW I'd shop based on the reputation of the vendor (those with a history of honest dealings and good communications) rather than shop by promised ship date, which again is nothing but anyone's guess at this point. In fact anyone promising an earlier date is probably not being very honest because with DJI's silence they really have no basis to make the commitment. Newegg was one of the few vendors that had anything to ship so they are probably as connected as anyone, and even they are quoting Dec. 15 right now.

I hear what your saying, and part of it is a degree of guessing, but I did receive the following reply to an inquiry at Advexure, seems that they are basing it on real data, which they are passing on to the consumer whereas the Apples of the world will only give you vague information. As a small business owner myself I like giving my business to a company like this vs. a Apple or Best Buy. I also feel like smaller vendors in comparison to the Apples, BB, and Neweggs will have less people in line ahead of you.

Advexure email:

The current shipping estimate has moved to late November for new pre-orders. Most likely when you looked at the time you sent your email it was “Mid-November” but as pre-order slots continue to fill up and we reach batch cutoffs, the estimate for new orders then gets bumped out. The new "late November" estimate will stay until we receive more information from DJI so that we can provide an updated estimate.
Given that the estimate just changed today there would most definitely a chance that pre-orders placed later today would still ship around mid-November as earlier pre-orders may cancel. As of now, all of our estimates are looking pretty good based on the fact that we had three straight days of Mavic arrivals into our LA warehouse at the end of last week and DJI expects to continue to increase the amount of units they are able to get to us in each shipment going forward. We do have a couple hundred pre-orders but we currently have about 4x more units on order with the DJI Factory than what is currently reserved by pre-orders. Any dates that we are able to provide on pre-orders are solely estimates as they are subject to production delays at the DJI Factory which would affect the worldwide supply and there is nothing we do about worldwide production delays.

It seems DJI did not ship any orders last night; none were reported here, including mine. We're at their mercy.

Reactions: Zeroescence
Yeah, I didn't receive any update either. :-(
I made the mistake of assuming that DJI would ship at least some orders each day. I'm not sure why I assumed that, apart from thinking that, since they have hundreds of thousands of orders yet to fulfill, it might be in their best interest to actually ship 3 or 4 each day. Apparently not.

It's so sad to wonder what has to happen within a company this enormous in order to cause such a radical failure of this magnitude. Most US companies of this size would need to undergo deliberate, malicious sabotage in order to perform this miserably.

Last edited:
For those who already have the Combo: I'm urgently looking for 1 or 2 extra batteries. I would provide a prepaid label for pick-up or deposit.
Please PM if interested!

When my date first got pushed up from Koozam I thought they were just being jerks by saying November 8 to November 25 but I'm starting to think that that was a great idea

Anyone know how i can pull a receipt of payment? I never received an online receipt. need it for insurance purposes.
only the account page shows the purchase.

Ordered mine the date of 10/31 (yesterday) paid via paypal to DJI....just the regular package not the flymore..showing payment successful and that's it....going to be a long wait :/

Reactions: TopQuark and Smallz
I don't think I ever posted in here when I pre-ordered but if you're still trying to track things here is another one to add to your spreadsheet.

Pre-ordered Fly More Combo on launch day (9/27) about 2 hours after the launch with Advexure. Received this past Saturday, 10/29.

Also placed a separate order from them last week for some extra spare props and a car charger and that order shipped out today, arriving tomorrow since I am local to their LA location.

Yes, you were there received from Advexure:

Mavic Pro Shipments - Mavicpilots.com

Amazon lists my order as "Shipped" today from Drone World. No shipping confirmation number or exact date (lists it as between Nov 1 and Nov 14), but my credit card has a pending charge on it for the drone.
Let us know when it REALLY shipped with tracking number and all. Otherwise, this will be the first non-DJI shipment from Amazon storefront.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661