DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

wow. I know people were saying that deliveries were happening a day early but I didn't think mine would come early considering it landed in Memphis after midnight, went through customs and left Memphis at 3:33am then had to get to my house nearly 1,000mi away. I was shocked when my doorbell rang as I was getting out of the shower at 8:30. I couldn't get dressed fast enough to get to the door...Would have been a disaster if I rushed out there naked! I guess I'll go to the facility to pickup after work... Really impressive logistics right there.
I told you! :)

Mine is just landing after a 40-minute flight on a prop plane to my town. A 14-hour flight, a 3-hour flight, and then a 40-minute flight, all in under 24 hours. It should be to my house in a couple of hours. :)

FedEx is pretty awesome, aren't they? Love those guys.

Last edited:
Just got the dreaded "canceling your order if not shipped by 11/10." From Amazon. Sent an email to the vendor. Pray for me. Lol

I told you! :)

Mine is just landing after a 40-minute flight on a prop plane to my town. A 14-hour flight, a 3-hour flight, and then a 40-minute flight, all in under 24 hours. It should be to my house in a couple of hours. :)

FedEx is pretty awesome, aren't they? Love those guys.

Yup I really wasn't expecting it... I'll be driving to the facility after work to pick up my Mavic...Will be perfect to have a weekend to test it out right away!

Reactions: djholt
I just sent an email to DJI cancelling my order. I will look into buying a Mavic in the spring once they have their act together and can ship. Hopefully I will help someone get theirs sooner. Good luck guys!

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
If you think about it they started shipping exactly 2 weeks ago and technically based on US time they still have not covered the 1st days of orders except for a handful of Fly -Less packages,

Think about it, this is barely progress. They have to start honoring their reseller obligations so at some point the DJI direct and drop ship back orders will likely slow down even more. I do not think it is a matter that they cannot make them fast it is they do not have the parts from 3rd party suppliers.

Yup I really wasn't expecting it... I'll be driving to the facility after work to pick up my Mavic...Will be perfect to have a weekend to test it out right away!

Mine is at the local fedex location. Called FedEx and they said "per their contract with DJI, they cant release it to me. It has to be shipped to my house." Stupid. I'm pissed.

I'm really happy for you guys finally getting your Mavics! That's fantastic! I ordered on Sept 28th from DJI and still pending.

I'm going to go strangle a kitten and vote for clinton

Ok, seriously no way I'd do that last part. I'd rather Trump ban drones completely.

Is it just me, or has there been almost zero progress on DJI Direct orders from the first two days? It think I checked at the end of last week and it was something like 75% from 9-27 and 30% from 9/28. I just checked again and both numbers are roughly the same. WTF?

Reactions: MrEdCeD
Hi Guys,
I Keep reading your stuff :))
I've seen a couple of Mavic Mishaps on youtube and it looks like the actual RC might have some issues. That would imply that they need to either find other suppliers, or wait till the problem gets fixed by the part supplier. It's just my assumption, but this might be a good reason for the halting of processing orders.
On another note, my P3P will arrive tomorrow and will squeeze it's nuts till my Mavic gets to me.If Ever.

It's Like the Mecca story, so close! Yet, so far!

Ordered Sept 28 DJI Direct 18.36 UTC (Know this better than my social by now :)))

Ciao! I'm breaking up with you!

I do not think it is a matter that they cannot make them fast it is they do not have the parts from 3rd party suppliers.
Or there is a QC or performance issue with some critical part(s). Given the 'try to have all October orders out by the end of the year' current status is seems likely that they are still not manufacturing at full capacity and rather continuing to try to buy time.

Mine is at the local fedex location. Called FedEx and they said "per their contract with DJI, they cant release it to me. It has to be shipped to my house." Stupid. I'm pissed.
Did you miss a delivery attempt? Maybe that relates to only if they haven't attempted delivery. I had a sticky note on my door which says I can pick up after 5pm.

Did you miss a delivery attempt? Maybe that relates to only if they haven't attempted delivery. I had a sticky note on my door which says I can pick up after 5pm.

No, it actually had a delivery date of Monday. But it showed up today. So I was home and was able to receive it. I posted a photo of it a couple posts after the one you quoted.

Batteries are charging. Maiden flight here soon.

I have a few trips coming up in the next 2 months in some scenic locations and cannot go there without a drone. Will be placing an order for the P3A

I've seen several people say that DJI specifically requires FedEx to deliver it to your house, no picks up at the hub. I assume it's to help stop fraud of some sort.. but this isn't the first time that has been reported.

Reactions: Zeroescence
No, it actually had a delivery date of Monday. But it showed up today. So I was home and was able to receive it. I posted a photo of it a couple posts after the one you quoted.

Batteries are charging. Maiden flight here soon.

So you noticed it was at Fedex hub a day early and were trying to arrange pickup at that hub (before the delivery guy tried to bring to your house)? I had a delivery attempt and he left the sticky note that says come after 5pm to the local spot and get it or wait til monday.
I've seen several people say that DJI specifically requires FedEx to deliver it to your house, no picks up at the hub. I assume it's to help stop fraud of some sort.. but this isn't the first time that has been reported.
I can't imagine that they would leave the door tag notice if DJI's contract only allowed home delivery... Sounds crazy to me. Never heard of that.

So you noticed it was at Fedex hub a day early and were trying to arrange pickup at that hub (before the delivery guy tried to bring to your house)? I had a delivery attempt and he left the sticky note that says come after 5pm to the local spot and get it or wait til monday.

I can't imagine that they would leave the door tag notice if DJI's contract only allowed home delivery... Sounds crazy to me. Never heard of that.

Well, it showed at the hub. Also a delivery date of Monday. So I thought since I'm off today I'll just go pick it up since I won't be home Monday. They said "NO". So I was about to head down to the hub and I checked the tracking number one more time and BOOM, it was out for delivery. Showed up 20min later. Very lucky.

On another note it flys like a dang dream. 2 batteries down. Makes me wonder why I have my Inspire 1 still. Lol.

Edit. The charging block will charge 2 batteries simultaneously.

Well, it showed at the hub. Also a delivery date of Monday. So I thought since I'm off today I'll just go pick it up since I won't be home Monday. They said "NO". So I was about to head down to the hub and I checked the tracking number one more time and BOOM, it was out for delivery. Showed up 20min later. Very lucky.

On another note it flys like a dang dream. 2 batteries down. Makes me wonder why I have my Inspire 1 still. Lol.

Edit. The charging block will charge 2 batteries simultaneously.

Got it. Big difference trying to intercept a package before the first delivery attempt. Enjoy!

Reactions: Zeroescence
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet