DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I'd be happy to know for sure I would get mine in the next 2 weeks. It's the 7 to 8 week statement that bothers me

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
Ok all you guys who were smart enough to get theirs early...you have had your fun for a few weeks...now it's time to put it up on Ebay and collect big time...before a flood of deliveries kills the golden goose.

With what we know so far if you'd ordered on the 5th oct from the uk, would you be confident in thinking you might get it in the next two weeks? i'm starting to lose the will to live

i dont think so.. you will certainly miss the first shipping batches and the rest is all a big unknown.. it all comes down to how many DJI are producing.. so far it dosnt seem to be that many..

trog

Reactions: Buzz_uk
yeah that's the first DJI battery i've seen do that without trying to do it. it's things like that which is why i have a lipo safe bag. some brands aren't as good as others, ill have to look up the particular brand i use and link it later. i actually tested mine by overcharging a battery and it does contain the fire. it will ruin the bag but that's about it, the bag will melt on the inside and might be a couple little holes in it. id also suggest not putting several batteries into one. to be safe i would suggest you buy a bag for each lipo that you have, they aren't expensive at all. this is for two reasons really, 1. if one battery combusts it will ruin any other battery in the bag. 2. if you have them all in one bag and they catch fire you have to buy all the batteries again instead of just one.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I ran one battery down to %2 yesterday and so far no problems.

DJI Direct Order 2016-09-29 02:15:36 (UTC) - Just shipped.

Fly less package. Extra battery has not shipped.

This is good news!! I hadn't seen any word of shipments from 9/29 orders. That's my day too! Hopefully I'll get a notification too.

Was your extra battery in the same order or a separate order.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I ran one battery down to %2 yesterday and so far no problems.

Yeah i wouldn't expect problems out of the DJI batteries, or any lipo at all. It's usually neglect that causes it, and some people full charge theirs and store them. The good thing with the DJI intelligent battery is it discharges itself, normal lipos don't do that. The intelligent battery might even tell you it has 2 percent left but it actually has more than that left, it cuts you off early so you can't over discharge it, which is a good thing.

I'm also the 29th (Fly More). This is encouraging.

I NEED it by Nov 16 to take on a trip. So close....

I'm on pins and needles.

I ordered from @Advexure and hoping by some miracle that I get it before November 12th, because of so few units being produced that's probably unlikely to happen and i ordered late. I was hoping to be able to take it to New York with me for UFC 205.

Good to see all these shipping updates. So they're processing through 9/28 and 9/29 orders at the moment and they're shipping on Saturday as well. Come' on 9/30 orders!

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
End of the world is nigh!

Got shipping confirmation in my inbox at 1:28AM EDT this morning.

First order
Ordered at 2016-09-28 20:35:17 (UTC) direct from DJI
BUT according to what they sent me on my invoice it says I ordered 2016-09-29
Ordered Fly-Less plus extra battery.
Extra battery is on hold still and on the website the whole order still says pending.
Also order extra props not knowing if any were included on the next day, those were shipped as well.

Will update if it arrives.
Second order from Best Buy still pending. Going to sell that one at market price.

Going to QT to buy lottery tickets.

I've pretty much lost interest in it already. Anybody want this thing? I might just donate it to Toys for Tots, or not!

To all those who ordered early and have not yet received their Mavic, I know you hate me. Heck I hate me too but chin up, if I got mine you will surely be getting yours soon.

Now let me see if the neighbor kid wants my P3P. He's been asking about the new drone daily hinting that I should be giving him my old one. I told him he hasn't done near enough of my yard work yet for that. He thought he was going to get it for free, bless his heart.
Keep faith, y'all.

Reactions: TopQuark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom