DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I know... I know... but considering how credible that info is I'm inclined to believe that they are going to mass ship units out very soon, but god knows what they are playing at with the DJI orders. You don't have to believe me, but, it's true...

maybe they they are having problems with shipping lipo batteries by air.. maybe they are all on a cargo boat.. having said that i have an order (basic mavic) with a china seller and they havnt seen any mavics yet.. :)

trog

you can put me in the shipment file: 2016-09-29 10:25:20 (UTC) ordered and didn't hear anything yet.

fly more combo, dji official site

Reactions: TopQuark
I have very credible intel that there have been thousands of Mavic's leaving the factory everyday. Which makes me wonder where on earth they all are?

Because this is only an English speaking forum, there may be large markets that we don't have visibility on (e.g. internal Chinese, Indian, middle Eastern, etc.). So of those thousands, only a small percentage may be destined for Anglophone countries.

Reactions: Romi
maybe they they are having problems with shipping lipo batteries by air.. maybe they are all on a cargo boat.. having said that i have an order (basic mavic) with a china seller and they havnt seen any mavics yet.. :)

trog

From the previous shipping updates, it looks like everything to North America has been FedEx and air shipped on their 777's

YEA but thats only useful for direct DJI orders. Those of us suckers that decided to support our suppliers are getting no info. Rise Above, that claims to be Australia's main DJI rep still have the same canned answer that was given out in September when we paid full price for our orders. (their pre-orders now only require a deposit, but those of us that jumped early got stung the entire amount)

Yes, for DJI. But also for other merchants in an upcoming update (today?)... support is already written in, I just want to make sure I don't break the DJI auto-updating. Also, people will have to come back and manual update their order status as things change.

Because this is only an English speaking forum, there may be large markets that we don't have visibility on (e.g. internal Chinese, Indian, middle Eastern, etc.). So of those thousands, only a small percentage may be destined for Anglophone countries.
I wondered when someone would point this out!

Yeah, but I doubt other countries are as whiny as we are. lol

Add me to ordered on 2016-09-29 12:54:04 (UTC) from DJI direct. Basic Package. USA

No word yet.

Reactions: TopQuark
According to the database... I should have purchased from NewEgg instead of DJI... How does that make sense?

So is it me or has shipping seemed to slow down?

Stil only shipping order from the last few days of Sept?

Just talked to the folks a Drone Nerds. They said they have started receiving a slow trickle of Mavics. They received 2 the other day and hope to keep receiving them at a steady pace. I'm apparently at the top of the list, so I should be receiving an email in the next week or so saying mine is on the way.

Wonder if the delay is similar to the issue faced by a kickstarter project I have backed?

See below:

Posted by BloomSky (Creator)
Dear backers,

As a result of the recent recall due to incidents and concerns raised about the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices, some transport agencies have newly activated temporary protocol involving battery safe-transport practice requiring manufacturers to provide additional documentation or re-certification. Although the battery in the STORM device is not part of any recall and is marked safe, its transportation process is affected by the new procedure. We must reiterate that there is no issue with the battery in our device. It’s simply a precaution put in place by the transportation community. We are working with our battery supplier on the paperworks necessary to expedite the process, however, this will cause some delay on the delivery of STORM to end user as previously planned.

According to the database... I should have purchased from NewEgg instead of DJI... How does that make sense?
I ordered thru NewEgg on 10/31 after having my Amazon order that i placed on 10/1 cancelled. Fingers crossed that NewEgg ships soon :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_