DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I added charts to show:
  • Number of shipments per day
  • Average number of days a unit is shipped from time of order
Mavic Pro Shipments - Mavicpilots.com
Just another way of looking into the shipments.
Awesome work on this. Big Thanks. Mine arrived early by 1 day....today. One thing about DJI that I like is that my 1k drone got here in less than 2 full days from China to Canada.....and no tax or duty !!!

Reactions: TopQuark and Smallz
Ordered FlyMore on 9/29 (already on spreadsheet)

I had a chat with DJI last night. Explaining, yet again, that I depart for a trip to Australia and New Zealand on the 17th. Can they help, or tell me ANYTHING? Also can I switch to a Fly Less as orders AFTER mine have shipped. The answer to that, No. Can they re-direct shipment? No. Might I get it in time? No information available.

OK, When do I need to cancel my order? Can I delay shipment until after I get back? Here I got some useful information. Wait until Monday, check back. If it ships by Monday I should get it in time, if not I can pause the shipment until after I get back. If it ships and cannot be delivered after 3 attempts it will be returned. Then who knows...

I have a feeling they are building inventory for the channel, and every few days, or maybe once a week fulfilling direct orders. Just a guess. I feel Fly More Packages will go out in the next round. If 15+ from the list go out, I MIGHT get mine. Fingers crossed. But it is still very much a long shot.

I know others are in the same predicament related to travel plans. If I don't get mine in time, I might be willing to pay it forward to someone else with a once in a lifetime trip in December, provided I can get mine just after I return. Many moving parts and "what ifs" though.

Reactions: Josh Miller
Any third party orders showing up from Amazon? Drone-world can't give me an answer on when mine will ship, even though they charged my credit card a week and a half ago. Card was charged because Amazon was going to cancel the order.

Awesome work on this. Big Thanks. Mine arrived early by 1 day....today. One thing about DJI that I like is that my 1k drone got here in less than 2 full days from China to Canada.....and no tax or duty !!!
When did you order it ? Congrats by the way !

Hi all,

Just signed up on this forum. I placed my order through DJI on Oct 12th. 2016. It was the flymore combo package. Still no update as of yet on shipment though. Will keep you all updated when it does come.

Reactions: TopQuark
Just downloaded the app for this .. don't like it compared to the web version. Sounds like we are approaching Oct orders! Wonder how long my separate order of batteries will be behind my mavic order? I was going to buy a hub to charge the batteries but was told that there are 2 hubs and the second one hasn't came out yet that will accept the 100w charger so I'll just wait wonder what the wait and cost is on that

Hi Folks -

It's been a whirlwind past couple of days and we are aware we've fallen slightly behind on emails, VMs, and messages and are doing our best to take calls. You will be guaranteed to get a response by early afternoon PST today. We apologize for the slight delay.

Thank you,
The Advexure Team
Will you be sending out an update today to the general forum, or just responding to individual email? I also have one on order through you @Advexure, and am constantly looking for updates on this site by following your posts. I ordered mine late (11/2), but would love to know if you are still processing shipments on a regular basis, or if things are "Stuck" at DJI.

Thanks!

I followed up with them about a week ago, and they replied saying they would notify all previous customers who had ordered and were cancelled. They said they would give all those customers 1 week to reorder - after which point they would make the rest available to new customers. I'm afraid I'll miss that email (knowing how Murphy works) so I'm hoping if anyone gets such an email, post it here to peak interest.

So I sent another email to E ZEE this morning after posting the text above. I asked them if they'd heard anything from DJI given that customers who had ordered AFTER my order were receiving their Mavics. The responded about 3 hours later:

we are starting to receive updates that the orders will begin shipping in 1-2 weeks to us

I depart for the Cumberland region of TN at the end of the month, so that's cutting it real close. Would be nice if it gets here before I leave, but if not, it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: Romi
Ordered FlyMore on 9/29 (already on spreadsheet)

I had a chat with DJI last night. Explaining, yet again, that I depart for a trip to Australia and New Zealand on the 17th. Can they help, or tell me ANYTHING? Also can I switch to a Fly Less as orders AFTER mine have shipped. The answer to that, No. Can they re-direct shipment? No. Might I get it in time? No information available.

OK, When do I need to cancel my order? Can I delay shipment until after I get back? Here I got some useful information. Wait until Monday, check back. If it ships by Monday I should get it in time, if not I can pause the shipment until after I get back. If it ships and cannot be delivered after 3 attempts it will be returned. Then who knows...

I have a feeling they are building inventory for the channel, and every few days, or maybe once a week fulfilling direct orders. Just a guess. I feel Fly More Packages will go out in the next round. If 15+ from the list go out, I MIGHT get mine. Fingers crossed. But it is still very much a long shot.

I know others are in the same predicament related to travel plans. If I don't get mine in time, I might be willing to pay it forward to someone else with a once in a lifetime trip in December, provided I can get mine just after I return. Many moving parts and "what ifs" though.

Thanks for the info. I also ordered a fly more bundle on 9/29 (already on the spreadsheet). I leave the country Saturday night so there is no hope for me. I'll be lucky if it's here when I get back. Yes, I have someone to receive while I'm away.

Good luck getting yours on time.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

BBB won't care.

^^^ THIS. BBB is nothing more than an extortion scheme. They solicit funds from 'member' businesses. The more they pay, the better the score. There have been several exposés over the years.

Yep, and the extended forecast shows rain every day through next Friday. Of course today and tomorrow are beautifully sunny days. A car ride to eastern Washington may be your only hope of finding sun. But it's Seattle, so there are bound to be dry, overcast patches in-between the bouts of drizzle.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Only problem with eastern WA could be windy as usual when a storm comes in.

Will you be sending out an update today to the general forum, or just responding to individual email? I also have one on order through you @Advexure, and am constantly looking for updates on this site by following your posts. I ordered mine late (11/2), but would love to know if you are still processing shipments on a regular basis, or if things are "Stuck" at DJI.

Thanks!

Updates are by individual email as pre-orders over the past 6 weeks have different shipping estimates based on when they were placed. Providing a general update would not properly reflect that status difference between an order placed 10/5 and an order placed 11/9, or an order placed 10/20.

For updates in the meantime, you are more than welcome to send an email or give us a call. Thanks, @mikesher.

Thanks!

I ordered on 10/24. Got a response today saying the shipping estimates could possibly be delayed a little bit. You cant blame them though, I know I say this all the time, but they have no control on what DJI sends them. I cant speak for them but your order I'd assume will probably ship in December some time, depending on DJI, of course. They might get a big shipment or might not. Let's hope DJI surprises us. Sorry if I stepped on your toes @Advexure , I think you posted at the same time as me.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I am scheduled to receive my Mavic on Friday. Here's the NOAA forecast for Seattle for the coming weekend:

View attachment 1038

Unless the Mavic is waterproof or I can find a big indoor space, I might not be flying for a while. The really depressing part is that the weather can be like this for weeks at a time.

#firstworldproblems
Hell, this time of year that is the forecast for Seattle 7 days out of 10 :)

I was told it only rains twice a week in Seattle. Once for 5 days, and once for 2 days.

Ha! I haven't heard that one before.

Reminds me of another one: There are 3 seasons in Alaska - last winter, this winter, and next winter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne