DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Sounds like DJI is copy and pasting messages because they all sound the same to me.

Well usually GoPro release their products exactly on the day they announce them. Hero 5 was in stores and available on the release date and I expect Karma to be as well. It's announced for 10/23, and it's a Sunday like every GoPro release date. Monday probably all stores will have them in stock... Still, the Mavic is going to be better :)

Reactions: kykayak
Sounds like DJI is copy and pasting messages because they all sound the same to me.
All the questions are the same, why wouldn't the answers be? I honestly don't understand how you would not think they would have a standard reply at this point. They've had more shipping status inquiries than orders. Now, I do think they should be telling us more than they are, but I'm surprised it took them this long to get a standard reply figured out.

Correct, it's mid October! Where are they? What's the deal? I'm betting some go out this week. More answers should be in the works soon.

Is it me or does anyone see GoPro starting to fade out in the next few years?

That is a possibility, but I think they also could get their self back on track, the Hero 5 is still the best action camera out there. Also the Karma is not a bad product it just came out at the wrong price point, if it were to be $499 - $599 I'm sure that they could sell tons of them. The way I see Gopro is that they make affordable and durable product, something I would risk to get a good shot, $800 Karma isn't something I would risk to get a good shot.

Sent an email last night asking if they will ship this week, this is the response I got...

"
Dear Eric,

Thank you for contacting DJI online store.

We are sorry that we still have not arranged the shipment for the Mavic pro at the moment.
The Mavic Pro orders have exceeded supply and we are working as quickly as possible to fulfill orders.

The first batch of Mavic preorders will be shipped from Mid October on first come first served basis.
As of now, we do not have a specific shipping date, however as soon as your Mavic Pro ships we will contact you by email.

Thank you for your kindly patience and wishing you have a great day.

Best Regards,
DJI online store Pre-sales team

I'm so tired of Pre-Orders, I ordered the new IPhone 7 Plus 256K in Jet Black the first hour on pre-sales in September, I still don't get that until Nov 11th, so now when I pre-ordered the Mavic, I have no idea when I will get that and they already took the money from me. Every time I check I get the same answer as everyone. I don't think I will ever pre-order anything ever again.

Some Lady (girl) over on Mavic FB page said hers was shipped, and posted the shipping notice, which had obviously been PS'd a bit. Showed carrier as UPS, I thought DJI used FedEx and DHL pretty much exclusively.

I have noticed the FB pages to be full of uninformed rumormongerers. I left them all, except for a private FB group that only shows footage or photos from drones. There is nothing on the FB groups that is trustworthy.

Reactions: gckless and F6Rider
FYI, Apple Store orders are shipping from Apple's US warehouse.

Note the discounted price for anyone who has an Apple EPP account. Mavic was $900 + tax.

Attachments

• 2016-10-17_10-36-59.jpg
    2016-10-17_10-36-59.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 62
I have noticed the FB pages to be full of uninformed rumormongerers. I left them all, except for a private FB group that only shows footage or photos from drones. There is nothing on the FB groups that is trustworthy.

What group is that ;-)

What group is that ;-)

It is my friend's group. He is the only one who invites/approves. He wants it secret to keep the swill of the general FB user out of it. Sorry, I cant give it away to someone we both dont know personally outside the internet.

DJI has been at this now several years. You would think they wouldn't repeat past mistakes. I don't think they would say that they will launch mid October and not come through, however the demand exceeds the stock. My money is on that they start shipping this week, but who gets and who don't is a coin toss. Will the standard ship before the fly more? Or vice versa? We have a better idea of what's up near end of week.

Kobe
Hi! Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store Pre-sales chat. This is Kobe. How may I assist you?

Checking

First batch of Mavic preorders will be shipped from Mid October on first come first served basis.

At this time, available inventory and an accurate ship date is being detemined for first batch,

We will make sure orders are shipped according to ordering sequence as soon as possible.

Rai Roman
what is mid- october to dji

cause everywhere around the world is mid-october already

Kobe
We have not been provided that information

I'm still willing to bet that many of us will end up canceling our orders when we see Mavics showing up on store shelves long before our online orders are even filled.

Last edited:
I'm still willing to bet that many of us will end up canceling our orders when we Mavics showing up on store shelves long before our online orders are even filled.

I will be checking my local Apple Store and Best Buy tomorrow - if they have them, and my card still shows "Pending" then I will be canceling my online order and walking home with one. And I will be checking each day to see. however, I do not expect the stores to have them any time soon. First of November is where I am thinking the stores will finally have some on the shelves - though, how many of them have full pre-orders as well?

Reactions: spazzbecker

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor