DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Just got this reply from Drone Nerds...

"DJI pushed back their shipping date for the Mavic until mid November, so we should start seeing them by the end of November. Sorry for the delay."

First off, lets dail it back a notch in here and keep it real friendly like. :)
What Peterev was try to get across was the post in that link.
Here is that post...

MAVIC UPDATE! DJI have told us they'll start shipping later this week, so we can hope to have them by the end of the following week if they stick to that. Any more information we get we'll pass on immediately. Haven't pre-ordered yet? It's not too late!

First off, lets dail it back a notch in here and keep it real friendly like. :)
What Peterev was try to get across was the post in that link.
Here is that post...

MAVIC UPDATE! DJI have told us they'll start shipping later this week, so we can hope to have them by the end of the following week if they stick to that. Any more information we get we'll pass on immediately. Haven't pre-ordered yet? It's not too late!
Thanks and sorry for the insult.. :)

Just got this reply from Drone Nerds...

"DJI pushed back their shipping date for the Mavic until mid November, so we should start seeing them by the end of November. Sorry for the delay."

If that's true then for me it would raise the question whether to cancel and order again in the new year shortly before the flying season starts, as in the weather improves for good scenic flights.

If that's true then for me it would raise the question whether to cancel and order again in the new year shortly before the flying season starts, as in the weather improves for good scenic flights.
Im with you on that logic... and it gives it some time for them to squash some bugs.

And just to add that www.firstpersonview.co.uk are one of if not the premiere drone company in the UK, their owner Simon Dale represents our interest's with the CAA, etc. and has been involved in this scene since the outset, they do not BS people, unlike many companies we seem to hearing about on here..

Also consider that is coming from a 3rd party source. They are on different shipping schedules than those individuals who ordered direct from DJI. Jumping to conclusions with only a tiny bit of information is crazy at this point. It is only the 17th.

Im with you on that logic... and it gives it some time for them to squash some bugs.

Agree with that also.

It'll be interesting to see what comes straight out of DJI in the next few days.

It could be that due to very heavy initial pre-orders DJI has made the decision to delay bulk orders to retailers in order to fill direct pre-orders thru their store. This would make sense as their profit margin is higher with direct sales vs retailers. We will have to wait and see of course but that is my uninformed .02 worth :)

Best Buy online shows order delivery by Mon. Oct. 31st
Availability
5621780_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=200;canvasWidth=200

DJI - Mavic Pro Quadcopter with Remote Controller - Gray
Store Pickup
Store pickup is unavailable for this item
Shipping
Get it by
Mon, Oct 31
Standard - FREE

Best Buy online shows order delivery by Mon. Oct. 31st
Availability
5621780_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=200;canvasWidth=200

DJI - Mavic Pro Quadcopter with Remote Controller - Gray
Store Pickup
Store pickup is unavailable for this item
Shipping
Get it by
Mon, Oct 31
Standard - FREE

Just saw I was the second to post that.
Sorry

I'm wondering if those that are participating in the software beta test will be getting theirs first. Purely curiosity, not fact.

I'm so tired of Pre-Orders, I ordered the new IPhone 7 Plus 256K in Jet Black the first hour on pre-sales in September, I still don't get that until Nov 11th, so now when I pre-ordered the Mavic, I have no idea when I will get that and they already took the money from me. Every time I check I get the same answer as everyone. I don't think I will ever pre-order anything ever again.

I ordered the same iPhone, but probably a week or so after you can pre-order. And mine is coming 11/4-11/11, so you might get that earlier than 11/11.

I decided to wait for when the Mavic is in stores, don't care for the pre-order and wait for shipping. Plus I live alone, and nobody would be there to sign for my shipment (my phone is going to the AT&T store, not my home, as opposed to a Mavic preorder)). So I will be patient and wait until they are in stores.

Reactions: Dacuda
I just got an email from CarolinaDronz saying that they received word from DJI this morning that their order will not arrive until some time in November. They also said that they are assuming this is the same for all dealers. They were expecting a batch this week for early pre-orders.

I just got an email from CarolinaDronz saying that they received word from DJI this morning that their order will not arrive until some time in November. They also said that they are assuming this is the same for all dealers. They were expecting a batch this week for early pre-orders.
I can now officially quit checking this thread and all others as well as my email for delivery updates. Time to forget about the drone for a while.

Last edited:
I can now officially quit checking this thread and all others as well as my email for delivery updates. Time to forget about the drone for a while.

If you ordered through a 3rd party, then I agree, dont bother checking. If someone ordered through DJI, they will get higher priority than a 3rd party dealer taking pre-orders.

No matter what, this thread is basically useless rumermongering. So, watch your order status and check your email for updates, and forget about any of these threads where the is no real basis in facts, only hearsay.

I've been checking this thread more than for my bar exam results a year ago. I'm dying. Ordered on 10/7 directly from DJI.

I've been checking this thread more than for my bar exam results a year ago. I'm dying. Ordered on 10/7 directly from DJI.
Not sure how much you read, but I'm pretty sure you're just going to want to sit back and relax.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13