DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

..got status 'shipped' just now but without ETA or info on carrier.. Elated but cautious.. will update spreadsheet once I have those info.

Reactions: TopQuark
OK, I've had enough. Going to cancel my DJI Direct order, this all is just beyond ridiculous, my order is 5 weeks old and all DJI can say is 'maybe December', when people are just walking in and buying them in retail stores. I don't know if this will lengthen my wait but I just don't care anymore, I simply want nothing to do with DJI sales. On chat now, '51 customers waiting' Lol
Well it is done. Cancellation was handled efficiently (other than the 30-minute wait to get to someone) and they said I should see a refund in 5-7 days. I feel free! I will just get one when vendors get them in stock, or maybe luck out and find one in a store and either way not pay until I actually have something, what a concept! I've never wanted something so much and then been driven to the point that I just don't even care anymore, good job DJI!

And actually I'm seriously thinking about going with the P4P instead, the camera and flight performance differences are very substantial (1" sensor, 20 MP, 100 mbps, 4K/60 FPS, full RAW support, real shutter and iris, just... wow.) But it will be another 5 bills and a larger form factor... so... what to do...

Last edited:
I wonder if we could file a class action lawsuit against DJI for false/misleading advertising. We have ample proof that they are being deceptive with their "first come, first served" premise . I think we could actually have a reasonable platform.

Well it is done. Cancellation was handled efficiently (other than the 30-minute wait to get to someone) and they said I should see a refund in 5-7 days. I feel free! I will just get one when vendors get them in stock, or maybe luck out and find one in a store and not pay until it is actually shipped, what a concept!

And actually I'm seriously thinking about going with the P4P instead, the camera and flight performance differences are very substantial (1" sensor, 20 MP, 100 mbps, 4K/60 FPS, full RAW support, real shutter and iris, just... wow.) But it will be another 5 bills and a larger form factor... so... what to do...
I canceled my accessory order with DJI and I told them that I will dispute the charge with my CC company and have them do a charge back for the interest

And even after the press release where they said they were 'looking' at the policy of charging at time of order (and all the obvious potential problems that involves), with the new products guess what they are doing... Classic! I guess it's great if you can get your customers fund your inventory and production costs in advance, but... naw. :D

And even after the press release where they said they were 'looking' at the policy of charging at time of order (and all the obvious potential problems that involves), with the new products guess what they are doing... Classic! I guess it's great if you can get your customers fund your inventory and production costs in advance, but... naw. :D
Are they still taking funds?

I just checked Apple Store pick up availability in Canada. They all say Jan 18th-19th.
One store in Burnaby B.C said available tomorrow. I'm nowhere close so if anyone else is have at it.

.... (drum roll) just got email from DJI that mine was shipped today (from shenzen) and will arrive Kuala Lumpur (malaysia) estimated by this Friday afternoon via DHL. Guessing it's just the Mavic Pro package while the extra batteries and props etc (Fly More) will come later, crossing my fingers nonetheless... will update once I got my hands on it..:D.. am updating the database after this..

K5423 reminds of the Goonies movie, when Chunk calls the sherif, "right Lawrence, just like the time you had one of those things if you get water on them they turn into monsters? Or the time Michael Jackson came to your house to use the bathroom?".

Jerk Alert! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Can't deny tho .... they make the best product with no real competition other than their own customer service to give them a bad rep.

They do make the best products, and honestly I think DJI keeps their customer service reps in the dark about stuff so they don't even know what to say.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm still waiting 30sep order fly more bundle from DJI. What's the cancellation procedure ? Which page is it on as they have two chats there . I'm now thinking I will get the P4Pro instead.. well maybe .

Probably smarter to order both and keep whichever you get first, if you're OK with either

Reactions: dam
OK folks here's the recipe for getting a drone today. Call your local Apple Store and just say manager into the recording. This will transfer you to your local Apple Store once on the line with them ask them if they have any in stock. It appears most stores got at least one Mavic of the last one or two days. I am going and picking one up now. The rumor is correct in that if there is only one in stock it wont appear in the online inventory. A local Apple rep at the store confirmed this. Call around and I bet you'll get lucky, the key is to say manager into the voice recording to actually speak to someone at the local Apple Store.

As a person who's been waiting for a while I am minutes away from picking up my drone and I wanted to pass on my good fortune.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT