DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

ladies and gents, glad to here more people found ways to grab the drone from apple stores today. I got mine this morning and have two flights under my belt. I have to tell you, its great. Video quality seems great. flying seems great. Its fast. Its smart. its all that. It was worth the wait, and no doubt whenever the rest of you get them you will feel the same I hope.

and for proof :)

Last edited:
ladies and gents, glad to here more people found ways to grab the drone from apple stores today. I got mine this morning and have two flights under my belt. I have to tell you, its great. Video quality seems great. flying seems great. Its fast. Its smart. its all that. It was worth the wait, and no doubt whenever the rest of you get them you will feel the same I hope.

The Mavic doesn't exist. You must be crazy. They gave you a carved P4 that looks like a Mavic with a PS4 controller.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Local apple store manager (Canoga Park, CA) just received their store model today, but none that were available for resale. Going to be another one of those cases where you have to call every day to see if they have any stock replenished in their recent shipment.

Local apple store manager (Canoga Park, CA) just received their store model today, but none that were available for resale. Going to be another one of those cases where you have to call every day to see if they have any stock replenished in their recent shipment.
They get shipments everyday

Found one yesterday
935371d2962416507c25651e2f4b946c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Can't find one. Will have to sneak down someone's chimney in the night and "buy" theirs.

Can't find one. Will have to sneak down someone's chimney in the night and "buy" theirs.
Don't use the site you have to call the location the tell the automated system "manager" and then ask the employee

Well, we have only one Apple Store in Alaska and it's a 6 hour drive away. I placed an order for "pick up" at this store to perhaps reserve one in case they get a couple before one of my orders ships.

Well, we have only one Apple Store in Alaska and it's a 6 hour drive away. I placed an order for "pick up" at this store to perhaps reserve one in case they get a couple before one of my orders ships.
Man only 1...Hell we have 5 within 2.5 miles of each other in NYC

I called Drone world and my order I placed on 9/27/2016 will now be delayed until the 2nd week of Dec. I told them I will have to think if I am going to cancel it and get a refund back. I called the Apple Store in Louisville Ky and they said no one has one in 250 miles and it will be in January before they get some in.
How I feel

Last edited:
I called the apple stores in St. Louis this morning and one of them had one in stock. I'm just to cheap to pay the sales tax, waiting on my online order. [emoji17]

I called an Apple store in STL, and they said I was the fourth caller today asking for it. None were available.

Good news, everyone! At last, I got my Mavic... props.

You know what would go really great with these? A quadcopter.

The wait continues , but at least it kind of made me laugh.

Good news, everyone! At last, I got my Mavic... props.

You know what would go really great with these? A quadcopter.

The wait continues , but at least it kind of made me laugh.

Yep. I ordered extra props and a Mavic bag and got them in a week. No shortage there. Interesting that they shipped from California, not China. I have a nice home waiting for a Mavic, whenever it arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked mine up from a Apple store in CT. Went to two. The first had just sold their stock out minutes before I got there.

You definitely need to call, the site said both stores were out of stock.

Just put my preorder in today Verydrone.com is still advertising Nov 22nd shipment. i called them and they said DJI is sticking firm to getting them their drones by next week. They had 90% of their preorder stock reserved so i took a chance and placed my preorder.

Here's the word from my local camera shop. It's the truth as they know it, anyhow, in a response to my inquiry for an updated ETA.

Unfortunately over the weekend I received an email letting us know of another push back. It seems that DJI has only released a very limited amount of the Mavics into the U.S.. According to our distributor, everyone is expected to receive about 1% of original P.O.s. At this point we've only received a demo model and no such luck with their last shipment ETA.

They're now estimating stock to fulfilled in early December, but as I said last time I cannot say that with confidence. I expect this should be a more promising estimate, as I'm sure they're eager to make it in time for the gift-giving season, but I cannot guarantee it.

I'm so sorry about all of this, I can assure you we're just as frustrated to be consistently told dates and have them be pushed back on such a sought after item.

I will update you if I have any better news, but that's where the Mavic stands at this point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom