DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

..just sharing what I did, may or may not be relevant.. saw somebody post the situation in this forum earlier and I decided to do an online chat with DJI rep on their website. Nothing hostile, informing them that I planned to used the Mavic on a once a lifetime vacation. Also mentioned that there are others that got their unit earlier despite ordering later that I do and that defeats the main intention of Pre-Order... nothing else. And then, Walla! got the 'Shipped' status the next day. But like I said, may or may not be related.

Reactions: Jazx83
..just sharing what I did, may or may not be relevant.. saw somebody post the situation in this forum earlier and I decided to do an online chat with DJI rep on their website. Nothing hostile, informing them that I planned to used the Mavic on a once a lifetime vacation. Also mentioned that there are others that got their unit earlier despite ordering later that I do and that defeats the main intention of Pre-Order... nothing else. And then, Walla! got the 'Shipped' status the next day. But like I said, may or may not be related.
When was your order date and time? And which one did you get? Fly Less, Fly More?

Just put my preorder in today Verydrone.com is still advertising Nov 22nd shipment. i called them and they said DJI is sticking firm to getting them their drones by next week. They had 90% of their preorder stock reserved so i took a chance and placed my preorder.
Strange they are not listed on DJI's Authorized Dealers sites Where to Buy - DJI

Picked one up from the Apple store today! Called 5 store and 1 said they have a few in stock. When I was at the store 20 mins later I was told they were all out but had one they opened the night before as a display model, they offered it at a 10% discount and I bought it. It was unactivated and never flown, everything seems perfect so far yay.

Picked one up from the Apple store today! Called 5 store and 1 said they have a few in stock. When I was at the store 20 mins later I was told they were all out but had one they opened the night before as a display model, they offered it at a 10% discount and I bought it. It was unactivated and never flown, everything seems perfect so far yay.
Wow, nice score. All these people have had them preordered and in some cases paid weeks ago. You walk in and get 10% off!

Wow, nice score. All these people have had them preordered and in some cases paid weeks ago. You walk in and get 10% off!

Yeah I kinda feel bad but not really. I did had a pre-order with DJI Direct placed on 10/6 and one with Best Buy placed the same day. Will be cancelling both so people behind me in line get theirs a little faster.

Got one today at the Apple Store in Chandler, AZ. :)

Took some effort to convince the staff to look for it once I finally got through, but the effort was worth it!

197163f48c78af30f0d5c4417d024349.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got one today at the Apple Store in Chandler, AZ. :)

Took some effort to convince the staff to look for it once I finally got through, but the effort was worth it!

197163f48c78af30f0d5c4417d024349.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I called them earlier them Lyin bastards!!!! I got one at the biltmore shortly after lol

I am surprised that there are not more people upset that there are thousands of unfilled PAID preorders and Apple has them available for shelf stock for anyone to walk in and buy. I have been pretty critical of people getting upset for a having to wait for a toy but leaving customers that have paid in full hanging while providing shelf stock for a retailer seems ridiculous.

Dodge you have to beg for the floor model or did they just offer it to you?

..Woah! just got called from my kids in KL (Malaysia) that DHL just delivered the Mavic(but they didn't know it's a Mavic ;)).. what interest me more is that it arrived exactly 24hrs frm the pick-up time in Shenzen. Now I can't wait to fly back tomorrow afternoon. (btw, I'm located in Brunei abt 2hrs flight time). :D:cool:.. All the best to those who still wait for yours.

Reactions: MoNoAd

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom