DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Sorry fellas, I should have been more clear. I attempted to cancel my my DJI Direct order over being frustrated by the delay, they having my money, and some concern I had that I might live in a restricted fly area. I did not make any other attempt to get one. I think I'm ok as far as the restricted fly area so I'm keeping the one that comes Monday.

Seems like shipping pace is picking up. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Depending on your no fly zone and what class it is they usually don't care if you fly around it as long as you let them know around where you'll be, some of the restricted notifications are kind of stupid and it notifies you even when you're not even close. Since it's a small airstrip and just does Cessna tours they don't even have me notify them anymore unless I'm planning on flying around the airstrip because they do fly those planes really low. They fly them over the highway all the time at about 300 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I haven't gotten a conf of my cancelation but I opened a case with capital one so that DJI will have to pay for the interest accrued :D

Depending on your no fly zone and what class it is they usually don't care if you fly around it as long as you let them know around where you'll be, some of the restricted notifications are kind of stupid and it notifies you even when you're not even close. Since it's a small airstrip and just does Cessna tours they don't even have me notify them anymore unless I'm planning on flying around the airstrip because they do fly those planes really low. They fly them over the highway all the time at about 300 feet.

I was less concerned about whether the powers-that-be care about me flying than the Mavic itself refusing to fly :)

I live in the middle of the desert on a golf course with mountains. Plenty of open space to practice becoming a proficient pilot and lots of video/photo material. But I'm about 20 miles (as the drone flies) from Luke Air Base. Some maps show a huge restricted student flight zone over me. Some have small print that the zone is only over 4000', and other maps don't show it at all.

I was less concerned about whether the powers-that-be care about me flying than the Mavic itself refusing to fly :)

I live in the middle of the desert on a golf course with mountains. Plenty of open space to practice becoming a proficient pilot and lots of video/photo material. But I'm about 20 miles (as the drone flies) from Luke Air Base. Some maps show a huge restricted student flight zone over me. Some have small print that the zone is only over 4000', and other maps don't show it at all.
I live 9 miles from Luke and I live within 5 miles of Goodyear airport and have no problems

Sorry for being so dense on this. Did you go to Brandon or Int'l Mall? Did you put eyes on the Mavics? If it was Bradon that said Int'l Mall had it, I don't know how that's possible. I was literally on the floor at Int'l Mall. When William told me they didn't have one, I asked if he could check Brandon's stock, and he said only through the on-line system. When I got home and read about the "manager" trick, I called Brandon and they said they didn't have any. How could I be so unlucky as to get the most useless and unhelpful employees?

No, I didn't go the either store. I just called the Brandon store just for the hell of it. Guy told me they didn't have any, but he knew that international had 4 earlier, so I called, but they were gone.

No, I didn't go the either store. I just called the Brandon store just for the **** of it. Guy told me they didn't have any, but he knew that international had 4 earlier, so I called, but they were gone.

Ah, ok. Probably the last of the four left the store about 2 min ahead of me... Ugh.

Just to clarify, the order that is shipping is the one you placed with Newegg on 10/31? I ordered my 'backup' order from them on 10/31 as well, but see only 'order verification' on Newegg's site.
Newegg is the only order that is standing. I did have a Amazon/Koozam order but that cancelled unless some Dr Strange thing is happening that i am unaware of. I did check my Newegg order it said verification in process and the paypal was still in a holding pattern this morning. my thought on that was it was still early for the US side of things to catch up. Guess I will know for sure once it arrives on Tuesday who the order came from.

It won't refuse you to fly, it shows a message I believe and you have to accept to take responsibility for flying in that area. After you accept it, it will let you fly wherever.

Newegg is the only order that is standing. I did have a Amazon/Koozam order but that cancelled unless some Dr Strange thing is happening that i am unaware of. I did check my Newegg order it said verification in process and the paypal was still in a holding pattern this morning. my thought on that was it was still early for the US side of things to catch up. Guess I will know for sure once it arrives on Tuesday who the order came from.

That would be friggin awesome if it was the Newegg order. Though, for those of us with late Sept/early Oct orders to be waiting while Newegg gets 10/31 orders shipped... well, that's almost as bad a smack in the face as Apple stores having stock for walk-in customers. Glad I ordered my Newegg backup order when I did. Please post back if/when you get clarification!

Mavic at my local Apple Store box us damage I already have mine

I am new to the forums but wanted to share that Apple stores all over the US are starting to receive the Mavics. Online does not reflect this but if you go into the stores or call you may get lucky. I work for Apple myself and spoke to a DJI sales rep this past Sunday and know that DJI prioritized sending the Mavics to many Apple stores recently! Got my own baby yesterday :)!

That would be friggin awesome if it was the Newegg order. Though, for those of us with late Sept/early Oct orders to be waiting while Newegg gets 10/31 orders shipped... well, that's almost as bad a smack in the face as Apple stores having stock for walk-in customers. Glad I ordered my Newegg backup order when I did. Please post back if/when you get clarification!
@Smallz - I just got an email from Newegg saying that my order was charged. Since I have only ONE order with them (for the Fly Less), I think it's safe to say that they're shipping!! WOOOOHOOOO!

Box

Attachments

• IMG_2510.JPG
    IMG_2510.JPG
    979.1 KB · Views: 58
When I was at the store yesterday an employee was able to look up actual inventory for other stores. It showed nothing available online but on their system it showed another store had 1 (and they did)

Reactions: ProjectElevation
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078