DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I'm not sure if they're still updating it or not. I was just made aware of it today. Whoever is updating it if you want to add our order go ahead..placed on 9/27 at Advexure, standalone Mavic, received 11/7.
Just added it now. I didn't add it earlier because I only got the estimated shipping date. Thanks for providing the exact date this time.

I just got my delivery info from dhl its coming on wed fly more combo ordered on 29th of sept at 02.14 from dji to the uk

Reactions: TopQuark
I wont know what to do with myself now i have lived on this thread for nearly 7 weeks day and night had to charge my phone 3 times a day. This is the best thread ever. Thank you to everyone for keeping it going and all the hard work put into it. And hope everyone gets their mavic soon.

Mine just shipped as well as my extra battery.
Had taken the day off Monday to get some work done on the car. Scheduled to be delivered Monday. That was lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: TopQuark and rigor
I wont know what to do with myself now i have lived on this thread for nearly 7 weeks day and night had to charge my phone 3 times a day. This is the best thread ever. Thank you to everyone for keeping it going and all the hard work put into it. And hope everyone gets their mavic soon.
Agreed!! been awhile since i have been part of a forum community and glad i found this place. Looking forward to getting my Mavic and sharing videos with you all and look forward to seeing all other videos from everyone here along with great tips and tricks that i have already read about :)

Reactions: rigor
When you finally get your Mavic and this happens...

Attachments

• 830f020887f33411426950041d051ff4.jpg
    830f020887f33411426950041d051ff4.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Smallz
When you finally get your Mavic and this happens...

By the time I get mine it might be snowing. It's raining now but it's supposed to be 27 here tonight. I probably only have another two weeks of good enough weather to fly it in if I get it within that time.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

By the time I get mine it might be snowing. It's raining now but it's supposed to be 27 here tonight. I probably only have another two weeks of good enough weather to fly it in if I get it within that time.

Should have known this would be the case. Murphy hates me.

Should have known this would be the case. Murphy hates me.

Well I'm dumb enough to fly in the snow, I probably won't with the Mavic though. I don't come by an extra $1,000 dollars often, my 200 dollar racers I took in the snow a lot. I will be flying the Mavic in the house. When I get it, it's not going to be a paper weight.

Took mine out for its maiden flight! It just about ended in disaster. I live in the country with lots of open fields. When I walked outside I realized there was a little wind but it didn't seem bad. I took off just fine and started heAding away from my house. I initially thought about testing the range but a little voice in my head stopped me. I was still a good but away with about 18 minutes of flight time left. I turned for home and it was barely moving. In some cases even drifting backward. After a few minutes I started to panic. I was at about 7 minutes flight time when I started walking through the field to get closer. It was making very slow progress toward me but only about 2mph. I finally caught site of it and brought it down with about 3 min flight time remaining. As I took the long walk home I realized my house was blocking very heavy and very cold wind. My fingers were numb but still clutching my new magic. All is good and I learned a valuable lesson. Thankfully not the hard way

Anyone had their mavic package opened by customs? I once had a package get stuck in customs for over a week -_-

@Hugabeen, were you tracking the flight last night? FedEx had it checked in @ Memphis 40 min after landing. By morning, mine was already at the distribution center in the town closest to me. They run a tight ship. I did call to see if I could go pick it up, but as others discovered, FedEx won't allow anything other than at-the-door signatures...

Last edited:
Reactions: AgentBB007
I'm looking at my Mavic right now, as its battery charges. The controller is charging right next to it... hallelujah.
Gonna update this thing's firmware once both controller and copter are fully charged, fly it carefully, take a couple pictures and a test video, and if all proves to be defect-free, I am at last going to cancel that order DJI still hasn't shipped.

Reactions: Joe Pasqua
Took mine out for its maiden flight! It just about ended in disaster. I live in the country with lots of open fields. When I walked outside I realized there was a little wind but it didn't seem bad. I took off just fine and started heAding away from my house. I initially thought about testing the range but a little voice in my head stopped me. I was still a good but away with about 18 minutes of flight time left. I turned for home and it was barely moving. In some cases even drifting backward. After a few minutes I started to panic. I was at about 7 minutes flight time when I started walking through the field to get closer. It was making very slow progress toward me but only about 2mph. I finally caught site of it and brought it down with about 3 min flight time remaining. As I took the long walk home I realized my house was blocking very heavy and very cold wind. My fingers were numb but still clutching my new magic. All is good and I learned a valuable lesson. Thankfully not the hard way
Sometimes switching into sports mode will help it overcome wind if you're in a situation where you really need it. It has to be enabled in the app before it'll work

The test flight was beautiful. Calibrated compass & IMU at its request.

Had to come in after just 6 minutes because it's too dark to see properly and also freezing, but it was still beautiful and I want more.

Tomorrow, at sunrise.
Weekends are no longer for sleeping in. They are for quadcopters .

DJI Makes a great product, but the lesson many of us learned the hard was to NOT buy directly from them. What a joke, paid in full, New egg seems to be the winner. They get my business going forward.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_