DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Any suggestions on where I can get an extra battery or two without getting raped on eBay?

So, before everyone yells click-bait. Threw this together as a few people in the UK have been able to walk in to a High Street store and walk out with a Mavic Pro. I think some of the Stores are unaware of what they have!! May help if youre still waiting and willing to sell a kidney...or two.

lol seems like I'll need it at this rate. I was hoping Apple would start getting them in but apparently not so much

So, before everyone yells click-bait. Threw this together as a few people in the UK have been able to walk in to a High Street store and walk out with a Mavic Pro. I think some of the Stores are unaware of what they have!! May help if youre still waiting and willing to sell a kidney...or two.

Which stores in the UK can you list some pls? Keep trying to buy one :( got a pre order from Maplin but they revised the delivery date to January 2017 now :(

I have been checking Apple Stores almost everyday and haven't found any batteries. Even the Mavic's seemed to have dried up. I bought 3 last week from different stores and haven't seen any since.

Reactions: Richard
I have been checking Apple Stores almost everyday and haven't found any batteries. Even the Mavic's seemed to have dried up. I bought 3 last week from different stores and haven't seen any since.
Boo. I was hoping to find another 1 or 2 Mavics to sell while the markup is so high but sounds like that won't be easy!

Mavic arrived in town from Newegg and delivery due on Tuesday, but darn it, I have jury duty beginning Monday. DJI instructed FedEx to only deliver to the address and won't give me the option to have it held at the local FEDEX office. Lucky for me, my wife is willing to stay home from work to receive the package. Such dedication to my hobby. Expecting a Flymore combo. Have an ipad holder, Lowepro 150 Slingshot and two 64GB cards. Just need the Mavic to complete the picture.

Reactions: Smallz
Mavic arrived in town from Newegg and delivery due on Tuesday, but darn it, I have jury duty beginning Monday. DJI instructed FedEx to only deliver to the address and won't give me the option to have it held at the local FEDEX office. Lucky for me, my wife is willing to stay home from work to receive the package. Such dedication to my hobby. Expecting a Flymore combo. Have an ipad holder, Lowepro 150 Slingshot and two 64GB cards. Just need the Mavic to complete the picture.

When did you order?

Reactions: MavicProMX
I bought mine thru DJI online on 10/24 and after, it said I will receive it on the 17th of November... Well, here and gone, yet not even a tracking number. And I bought the care package... Supposed to give you expedited service... Well, so far they have failed. After buying 5 phantoms from DJI, I should have learned my lesson... But dang it, I paid for it last month, and now I want it.....
Sent the email to whoever, and all I got back from them was a chain mail telling me they are too busy to tell me anything.. Could I have been that stupid to go thru this again?.... Heck yeah.... I be one of the dumb ones.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: MavicProMX
Ordered on 10/30 from Newegg. They shipped on 11/17 and the charge just hit my card yesterday (11/19).

Newegg seems to be a good place for getting things quick, I've seen some negative posts about their customer support though. You're actually getting yours earlier than me and I ordered before you, lol. I have good customer support where I ordered from though so I'm not too worried, unless I'm waiting until January, then I might be like, "what's going on here?", lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Newegg seems to be a good place for getting things quick, I've seen some negative posts about their customer support though. You're actually getting yours earlier than me and I ordered before you, lol. I have good customer support where I ordered from though so I'm not too worried, unless I'm waiting until January, then I might be like, "what's going on here?", lol.

After reading all your glowing reports of stellar support, I must say... You are loyal. Might I say, almost to a fault? I mean, I don't care how good the support of my vendor is, if I had an opportunity to purchase elsewhere where others are consistently getting the MP in 2-3 weeks, and the current seller is unable to provide even an approximate date, my loyalty would evaporate.

After reading all your glowing reports of stellar support, I must say... You are loyal. Might I say, almost to a fault? I mean, I don't care how good the support of my vendor is, if I had an opportunity to purchase elsewhere where others are consistently getting the MP in 2-3 weeks, and the current seller is unable to provide even an approximate date, my loyalty would evaporate.

I don't have an opportunity to get one anywhere else and I wouldn't risk my place in line where I ordered from to order from somewhere else, you never know, one day a place might have stock and then might not have stock for weeks. Also, I chose a place purposely that would take my money at the time of purchase, I don't have another $1,000 dollars to throw at another dealer to try to get one quicker. I would have to get a refund which isn't instant and even if it were, I believe my place is coming up hopefully soon and there's no logical reason for me to order from anywhere else. If I had an Apple store in my state and an extra grand, sure I might've done that, but I don't. I see what you're saying though.

Took mine out for its maiden flight! It just about ended in disaster. I live in the country with lots of open fields. When I walked outside I realized there was a little wind but it didn't seem bad. I took off just fine and started heAding away from my house. I initially thought about testing the range but a little voice in my head stopped me. I was still a good but away with about 18 minutes of flight time left. I turned for home and it was barely moving. In some cases even drifting backward. After a few minutes I started to panic. I was at about 7 minutes flight time when I started walking through the field to get closer. It was making very slow progress toward me but only about 2mph. I finally caught site of it and brought it down with about 3 min flight time remaining. As I took the long walk home I realized my house was blocking very heavy and very cold wind. My fingers were numb but still clutching my new magic. All is good and I learned a valuable lesson. Thankfully not the hard way
..good info. I've my anxious moments also over the weekend but plan to share it in the Mavic Pro Discussion forum later when I'm a bit free..

See a lot of angry people who ordered direct early October and still haven't heard anything. I feel your pain.
I'm in the sept 29th boat and they just stopped responding to my emails all together. I hope someday they have legit competition. I'm actually still glad I ordered now because when trump tacks on a 35% tariff that Mavic is going to be over priced. Ok I'm going to have a drink now.

Don't worry, when Apple buys them, something this bad won't happen again.

Reactions: F6Rider
Has anyone who ordered directly from DJI on 10/1 or 10/2 received a shipping notice?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hey D Dupree, Fly More on 10/1 - I have NOTHING. I have spoken to many DJI reps, and I feel for them, they have ZERO information from their manufacturing and shipping folk, yet we are bombarding them. I put it this way. Eventually, we will get them. Is it frustrating? Yes. Does it piss me off that people who didn't even pre-order now have the Mavic and are flying it around? Yes.

But it is like traffic jams. Sure, there are some who get by quicker than others. Don't try to be anything crazy, because we are all going the same direction and will get there eventually.

And eventually, this forum will change from, "who the hell has gotten their product," to, "here is some tips for all of us pilots out there..."

Place your order with Newegg. You front nothing, and there is zero risk. Use a safe address (parents, work, friends, etc) that won't be subject to your time constraints. They'll quote you 4+ week lead times, but I and others here have experience a 2-week shipping window. I was on probably the 2nd or 3rd wave of orders from Newegg - so nothing near the first batch. Worst case, if you get shipping notification that your original order is inbound, simply cancel the order with Newegg. If Newegg does ship earlier, then give the kiss-off to whoever you're in queue with now.

Just purchased an basic package from new egg awaiting their shipping date.

I just finished a chat with DJI. I told them that I ordered a Fly More bundle on 9/29 @ 09:27 UTC. I asked when I could expect it to be delivered. The agent said:
It is very likely to ship in this week or maybe a little delay to next week​
When I pressed for a more specific shipping date, he said:
Okay, i think it is very likely to ship in this week, please keep expect​
Looks like there is still a ways to go to get through 9/29.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard