DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I have to say the communication with the verydrone people has been good. They seem on top of it so only time will tell if they ship next week with the "drones stuck at customs".

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: mcgyversm3
For those that have successfully ordered from Newegg, how long does it take after order verification for them to ship? They already charged my card.
The initial transaction you are seeing is just a temporary hold to verify you have funds available. It will disappear in about 3 days. You will get another email with shipping notification and the order status will change from verified to shipped. Your card will be charged that day. The actual time frame from verified to shipped was three weeks for mw

Just want to post. I ordered from Yitamotor through Amazon. Don't mind to wait and the company opened a shipping # to keep my order open, around 11/15. Then showed shipped 11/18. Again I assumed to keep order alive. Then last night sometime, it changed to delivered and was back dated to 11/19. I am not ok with this. That's fraud, and I have no item and I assume Yitamotor has my money. Amazon is pretty good, so I will get my money back. But this company goes by Yitamotor, Yita inc, and now is in the process of opening " The DJI Experience Store in Bellevue Washington where they are located. So buyers beware, and if you have ordered from them be careful. They may be ok, but their practice is fraud and you may get left holding the bag. I have been informed they have taken over 1,000 preorders, you do the math. Again, I can wait, and I can handle the "ship" notice, but not delivered. This all happened today, I am working to resolve it. Not heard from Yitamotor yet. If they are professional about this I will let you know.

Anyone have a clue whether or not I'll get mine before I go home for Christmas break December 10th? Ordered DJI direct on 10/24. Just trying to figure out if I need to try and change my shipping address to back home. (Instead of my school address)

I communicated with Adorama yesterday and found the customer service people useless. I think they are not actually at the location and are outsourced to a foreign country based on names and accents if you call. In any event, I did find out from a sales person that Adorama received a batch and that they all went to pre-orders. They supposedly have about 60 or so pre-orders total...

And they will give you no further info once you place your order. As I've stated earlier on this thread, I emailed them for a follow-up a month after placing my order and their response was that they had no info to share from DJI, they would not tell me if they had even received or shipped a single Mavic yet. Nor would they tell me my place in the queue. So if you order from them, know that you're walking into the dark, and will know nothing further until it ships.
I just posted about my communication with them yesterday. I spoke with someone in the sales department (instead of the customer service team, which is useless). Apparently they got in a batch of 10 mavics and have about 50 more pre-orders to fill total. I ordered 9/30 and they said I will be in the next batch. However, they didn't tell me when that next bacth would be...

Mine delivered today, waiting is over, fly more combo ordered september 30 is at home. Thank you for all your support.

Reactions: TopQuark
Very surprised they still have drones available even after multiple people placed orders with them. How many could they possibly be getting... guess we'll see
Don't think a lot of people know too much about them since they are a new company.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Data point for refunds: asked for one on the 20th, got confirmation this morning just now. Money expected back in 7-10 days. During which time I can fly the Mavic I do have.

Woke up this morning to an email indicating my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo was shipped. Wohoo!!
Pre-ordered: 2016-09-30 15:58:55 (UTC)
Long wait but my P3 Pro kept me occupied.
Nice way to start off Thanksgiving morning!

Last edited:
Reactions: TopQuark and Smallz
Newegg is taking orders again today. I just purchased the flymore combo since DJI is taking so long to fulfill my direct order through them.

Reactions: Smallz
Ben from verydrone is the person that I have been talking to.

I just chatted with Ben too...hopefully he is right. He said they have been taking preorders since October 20th but still haven't reached their allotted numbers yet. He said it was going to be a max of 2 per person. I went on to ask if they had batteries, and he said they don't have specific numbers on that (which made me feel more assured that he wasn't just a random support person from India). Let's hope!

I just chatted with Ben too...hopefully he is right. He said they have been taking preorders since October 20th but still haven't reached their allotted numbers yet. He said it was going to be a max of 2 per person. I went on to ask if they had batteries, and he said they don't have specific numbers on that (which made me feel more assured that he wasn't just a random support person from India). Let's hope!
The thing is that no vendors have received the bulk preorders. They have all been getting ones and twos in. I doubt that they have any real clue what they are getting in and when. I also don't buy the excuse that it is stuck in customs for a week when everyone else has been getting them from China in 3 days. To me sounds like they have some preorders in, but don't have any more of a clue when they will be able to fulfill customers orders, just like every one else.

Reactions: Cookedinlh
The thing is that no vendors have received the bulk preorders. They have all been getting ones and twos in. I doubt that they have any real clue what they are getting in and when. I also don't buy the excuse that it is stuck in customs for a week when everyone else has been getting them from China in 3 days. To me sounds like they have some preorders in, but don't have any more of a clue when they will be able to fulfill customers orders, just like every one else.

I would agree, but if they do have a big allotment then it could get stuck easily. Also, the fact that he said they were unsure about batteries made me feel like he knew what he was talking about.

Newegg had batteries in Stock this morning for about 20 minutes . I ordered mine. Thought about it for a minute or two and decided to order another one . But too late. Out of stock again. That was close.

Ordered one last night from very drone will see what happens, hopefully I will be able to cancel my Best Buy order.

+1 I've been dealing with Very Drones lately and they seem to have their **** together.

Reactions: mcgyversm3
Woke up this morning to an email indicating my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo was shipped. Wohoo!!
Pre-ordered: 2016-09-30 15:58:55 (UTC)
Long wait but my PS3 Pro kept me occupied.
Nice way to start of Thanksgiving morning!
Congratulation! Finally shipping from the 30th! I ordered 8 hours before you and still nothing. Hoping I see movement soon!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4