DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Reactions: TopQuark and Pricey
There are 2 mavic pro in the Tulsa Apple Store!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Was in Apple Birmingham, AL today and they had two Mavic boxes displayed on the shelf. However, they were empty! Checked stock with employee and all they had were P4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Its crazy that you guys have to wait so long for your orders. I'd probably cancel mine by now. I recently went to a Mavic event at my local computer store (in Orange County, CA) where they had this CA sales manager on hand talking about all the new stuff including the Mavic. At the end, they let us demo the actual Mavic units in the parking lot for a bit. After that, they had 30+ Fly More Combos available for purchase with a discounted coupon. Couldn't be more stoked that I went to this and they actually had inventory while all these other people are still waiting on theirs from September pre-order. Surprised DJI actual sent them stock. The rep did tell me that the forecast for pre-orders was 20-30k and the actual pre-orders came in at 120k which is why they're so backlogged.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: TopQuark
Its crazy that you guys have to wait so long for your orders. I'd probably cancel mine by now. I recently went to a Mavic event at my local computer store (in Orange County, CA) where they had this CA sales manager on hand talking about all the new stuff including the Mavic. At the end, they let us demo the actual Mavic units in the parking lot for a bit. After that, they had 30+ Fly More Combos available for purchase with a discounted coupon. Couldn't be more stoked that I went to this and they actually had inventory while all these other people are still waiting on theirs from September pre-order. Surprised DJI actual sent them stock. The rep did tell me that the forecast for pre-orders was 20-30k and the actual pre-orders came in at 120k which is why they're so backlogged.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

That's a very classy post

But congrats on getting one, I also was fortunate enough to get my fly more combo which also happened to be on the same weekend I won a good chunk of money(vegas baby). Was a good weekend to say the least

Hi. for those waiting, def worth contacting dji. I have done twice now and on both occasions they stated the order was 'on hold' due to needing to verify my delivery address. What is particularly annoying is that they didn't contact me about this query and so if I did nothing, I'd be waiting forever. (and I don't know what the address issues was anyhow) Now the person has confirmed it, they claim it will be dispatched tomorrow. Let's see. Moral of the story is to keep checking in with them on the online chat,

DJI taking preorders and choosing to stock the retail channels first through Best Buy and the Apple Store is smart business. It is free financing and how you increase sales. The people who preordered are trapped an not going anywhere. This allows DJI to capture those sitting on the fence. The walk in, curious customer. It is brilliant. BTW, I never ever preorder because of this experience.
I think you are right they are more worried about getting stocks for Xmas than fulfilling pre-orders. Too bad I'm too far away of any store can have one.

Thanks so much for creating and maintaing this spread sheet. It makes the waiting much easier being able to see shipping progress. I really appreciate your work on this.
Thanks!
BW

Shipping Updates:

Post your retailer, order date (PDT if possible), and ship out date when available!

Link to Shipping Updates

Don't forget to get back to this thread to post your shipment date as soon as it is available.

Summary by date shipments and retailer with heat map now available.

Cut-off is up to October 31. Orders placed on November 1 and beyond will no longer be included in the database.
s

Reactions: TopQuark and samoo
@TopQuark, it looks like a bunch of data got accidentally deleted from the spreadsheet. The "raw data" page used to show far more orders and also no longer shows which ones have been shipped. What happened?

@TopQuark, it looks like a bunch of data got accidentally deleted from the spreadsheet. The "raw data" page used to show far more orders and also no longer shows which ones have been shipped. What happened?

In the RawData tab sort one of the columns and the data will display. Not sure why but I've found that works.

Finally, Just received my shipping notice today!!!

Finally received mine this morning. Too bad it's to cold to fly in NY!
3f5fa6f3bcb4926e5369c214c62e4608.jpg

Just received tracking info from Aim To Find on Amazon for flymore package. Originally ordered Oct 28th

They emailed me this morning and said that they had a delivery of Mavic's come in today and that mine would be going out.

We shall see!

Just received tracking info from Aim To Find on Amazon for flymore package. Originally ordered Oct 28th

They emailed me this morning and said that they had a delivery of Mavic's come in today and that mine would be going out.

We shall see!

cant wait until i can say that

Devin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne