DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I am talking to an attorney to see if we can get any legal action on this.
A launch event on Sept 27 and a promise delivery date of Oct 15 , implies that they can deliver some on that date. There's no proof that DJI shipped at least one on Oct 15th. Deceptive claims are illegal.

"False advertising is any published claim that is deceptive or untruthful. Misleading advertising is any published claim that gives a consumer an incorrect understanding of the product they are interested in purchasing or using. The false and misleading advertising by companies of any product may result in the consumer suffering a financial loss, or another form of damage to the consumer."

^^

This, the on
Only defense they can fall on is the units that are on twitter for being delivered(the recent twitter delivery escapes me but it's on here somewhere)
But we don't know if that is a pre production model or actual release model.

Plus on the dji twitter they mention shipping units out and then they redact it

So we as investors can go after them

It doesn't make sense to remove the shipping status to reduce page hits since people are just going to continue to refresh the page waiting for more info to appear, regardless. And also all the action can do is direct even more traffic to their phone and chat lines, no doubt exactly what they don't want.

There is one and only one thing that can reduce the traffic load but it seems to have escaped DJI... simply provide accurate information.
I think this is just some tech gomer who added the oh so vague delay statement to the top of the page and screwed the pooch on the page formatting, pushed the shipping line out of the text box.

This was just posted on the official thread:

From user ed_windham (Edward J Windham NA Forum Support Manager):

"I see everyone is having fun. Can I dispel some rumors? You can believe me or not. What I am trying to do is inject some reality in the discourse here. There are no manufacturing issues. The issue is that DJI produced a product that was wildly popular. Beyond anything that we have produced to date. If there was a hardware issue don't you think that all the pre and production units in the hands of reviewers would have had the "fatal flaw". No that is not the case. I have asked that my preproduction unit be returned to me. I had it on loan for additional photos and videos. It is more important that I have it now. I will have it tomorrow. Some question the post that was made earlier by Ken. He did post some information that was internal. We all make mistakes. What did the post say. We are not going to do more advertising, we are not going to have reviewers post more reviews. Ask yourself this question, when you have an overflow of orders do you continue to fuel the fire for more orders? No you try to slow them down while you continue to ramp up additional production. If you ordered and want to cancel your order then please do so. This may not be the craft for you. You can file a case with the BBB but to what result. We are sorry we failed to meet a delivery date. That is what we will tell them. We will ship when we have sufficient supplies of product. We have continued to try and update our dealers with a ship date. If you ordered from them, then check to see what they have to say. If you ordered from DJI we have made a statement."

Now this is good info.

****, so it's basically no one can have one til we have the units available that we want to ship. They should ship what they have to the people that ordered first and a percentage of reseller orders.

Reactions: Theron

"I see everyone is having fun. Can I dispel some rumors? You can believe me or not. What I am trying to do is inject some reality in the discourse here. There are no manufacturing issues. The issue is that DJI produced a product that was wildly popular. Beyond anything that we have produced to date. If there was a hardware issue don't you think that all the pre and production units in the hands of reviewers would have had the "fatal flaw". No that is not the case. I have asked that my preproduction unit be returned to me. I had it on loan for additional photos and videos. It is more important that I have it now. I will have it tomorrow. Some question the post that was made earlier by Ken. He did post some information that was internal. We all make mistakes. What did the post say. We are not going to do more advertising, we are not going to have reviewers post more reviews. Ask yourself this question, when you have an overflow of orders do you continue to fuel the fire for more orders? No you try to slow them down while you continue to ramp up additional production. If you ordered and want to cancel your order then please do so. This may not be the craft for you. You can file a case with the BBB but to what result. We are sorry we failed to meet a delivery date. That is what we will tell them. We will ship when we have sufficient supplies of product. We have continued to try and update our dealers with a ship date. If you ordered from them, then check to see what they have to say. If you ordered from DJI we have made a statement."

Now this is good info.
That is a dam fine statement from him

Reactions: dontic
I've been checking this site hourly because I'm super stoked to get my Mavic... I tried ordering during the announcement but their site wasn't working and wouldn't proceed to checkout. By about 3pm EST Sept 27th, their site redirected me to Amazon where I ordered.

However, this is a tech product that currently appears to be delayed 2 weeks. Ordering something on the internet and finding out it's being delayed 2 weeks sucks, but people on here and the other sites are making this WAY bigger than it is. Filing complaints with BBB, looking to sue for false advertising etc. Delaying a major product launch 2 weeks is really not that big a deal given all the complexity involved. Big companies have 2 week delays all the time.

Reactions: BruteForce65
They are offering refunds. If you are mad, then get your money back. Threatening BBB claims and lawyers isn't going to make your toy come quicker.

Reactions: edoginasia
Don't want to fuel the fire but have to leave this one here..not my chat. Saw it in another owner's group...absolutely unbelievable. Exactly why you buy from a dealer so you don't have to deal with this complete nonsense.
2016-10-17_15-49-30.jpg

This was posted several pages ago.

Apologize for that. Just got over to this new forum. Have been in some FB groups and have been very active on the PP and IP forums over the years. My bad for not getting through all 30 pages of this thread yet :eek:

Apologize for that. Just got over to this new forum. Have been in some FB groups and have been very active on the PP and IP forums over the years. My bad for not getting through all 30 pages of this thread yet :eek:

Apology accepted.. it sounds like you were doing exactly what you said you weren't doing, "adding fuel to the fire".

Last edited:
In the end we just have to hope and have faith that they will pull through. I agree that doing a bbb or FTC complaint will get us no where while we dispute etc. but I have to have hope dji is noticing the backlash

I am talking to an attorney to see if we can get any legal action on this.
A launch event on Sept 27 and a promise delivery date of Oct 15 , implies that they can deliver some on that date. There's no proof that DJI shipped at least one on Oct 15th. Deceptive claims are illegal.

"False advertising is any published claim that is deceptive or untruthful. Misleading advertising is any published claim that gives a consumer an incorrect understanding of the product they are interested in purchasing or using. The false and misleading advertising by companies of any product may result in the consumer suffering a financial loss, or another form of damage to the consumer."

In the launch event they didn't promise a delivery date of Oct 15, they put up a graphic that said shipping Oct 15, and in the presentation he said they will be shipping starting mid October. In any case they will refund your money if you don't want to wait-and then you have to prove damages. Most likely the cost of your attorney will far outweigh any real loss you had. Let's keep things in perspective and realize we are living in a fast paced tech world. No good ever comes from rushing technology just to meet a deadline. Look how that worked out for Samsung. Now it's possible they were being deceptive in order to take away market share from gopro. If so, shame on them and let the market determine what to do with them-but suing before knowing all the facts, and before the company is truly unreasonably late seems to me unreasonable as well.

Z

Now this is good info.
Do you have enough supply to send each dealer just ONE unit? This would let everyone know that the units are indeed in production and there are no problems with them. Then explain the supply and demand problem. Then everyone SHOULD feel better about their order.

Email from Advexure where we have our Mavic pre-order from launch day...the delay sucks but appreciate that they're straight up about it and what's expected. Good guys and honest business..honesty goes a long way in my book...

Dear Valued Advexure Customer and Future DJI Mavic Pro Owner -

Over the past 24 to 48 hours there has been great speculation, rumors, questions and uncertainty regarding when DJI will begin shipping first batches of the new Mavic Pro. At DJI’s Mavic Launch Event on September 27th, DJI publicized a mid-October estimated ship date for the first production units of the DJI Mavic Pro. DJI has failed to meet their estimate and has communicated to Advexure that the first Mavic Pro shipments will be pushed back to November. At this point in time, DJI Headquarters has not been able to communicate an exact shipping date in November. Our reps at DJI believe that Advexure, as a Tier One Authorized Dealer, should expect shipments early in the month.

While we understand that delays in a new product release are frustrating, please be assured that DJI is taking all of the necessary steps and precautions to ensure a high quality product is placed in the hands of their valued drone owners and pilots. You can also be assured that we are doing everything in our control to have our warehouses ready to process pre-order shipments as quickly as possible when our pallets arrive in from the DJI Factory.

Both Advexure and our dealers have hundreds of Mavic pre-order customers anxiously waiting for shipping notices on their pre-orders and as always, we want to be sure our customers and dealers are updated with the latest information that we have available to us from DJI Headquarters.

Pre-orders at Advexure are 100% refundable and cancellable at any time prior to your pre-order being fulfilled. We understand that this delay may cause a change in your plans, which would lead to a cancellation. Please email our Support Team at [email protected] with your order number and an your cancellation and immediate refund will be processed.

Besides the information stated in this notice, Advexure does not have any further information from DJI Headquarters regarding the reason for this delay. As information becomes available to our management, we will be sure to pass it along to our valued customers and dealers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,
The Advexure Team​

Just got the same BS DJI email regarding my order through DJI Amazon...

Do you have enough supply to send each dealer just ONE unit? This would let everyone know that the units are indeed in production and there are no problems with them. Then explain the supply and demand problem. Then everyone SHOULD feel better about their order.

This seems efficient.

Reactions: Advexure
If shipping is delayed till early November, some of us might be better off waiting till later in the month when most retailers will abide by Christmas return policies providing a nearly 6 week return period.

This is what I'm thinking, Nov. is not that far off.

Email from Advexure where we have our Mavic pre-order from launch day...the delay sucks but appreciate that they're straight up about it and what's expected. Good guys and honest business..honesty goes a long way in my book...

Dear Valued Advexure Customer and Future DJI Mavic Pro Owner -

Over the past 24 to 48 hours there has been great speculation, rumors, questions and uncertainty regarding when DJI will begin shipping first batches of the new Mavic Pro. At DJI’s Mavic Launch Event on September 27th, DJI publicized a mid-October estimated ship date for the first production units of the DJI Mavic Pro. DJI has failed to meet their estimate and has communicated to Advexure that the first Mavic Pro shipments will be pushed back to November. At this point in time, DJI Headquarters has not been able to communicate an exact shipping date in November. Our reps at DJI believe that Advexure, as a Tier One Authorized Dealer, should expect shipments early in the month.

While we understand that delays in a new product release are frustrating, please be assured that DJI is taking all of the necessary steps and precautions to ensure a high quality product is placed in the hands of their valued drone owners and pilots. You can also be assured that we are doing everything in our control to have our warehouses ready to process pre-order shipments as quickly as possible when our pallets arrive in from the DJI Factory.

Both Advexure and our dealers have hundreds of Mavic pre-order customers anxiously waiting for shipping notices on their pre-orders and as always, we want to be sure our customers and dealers are updated with the latest information that we have available to us from DJI Headquarters.

Pre-orders at Advexure are 100% refundable and cancellable at any time prior to your pre-order being fulfilled. We understand that this delay may cause a change in your plans, which would lead to a cancellation. Please email our Support Team at [email protected] with your order number and an your cancellation and immediate refund will be processed.

Besides the information stated in this notice, Advexure does not have any further information from DJI Headquarters regarding the reason for this delay. As information becomes available to our management, we will be sure to pass it along to our valued customers and dealers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,
The Advexure Team​

Hi @awproductions, another member on the forum shared a screenshot of the Mavic update provided today by Advexure I believe in this thread which is probably a few pages back already as this thread is moving very quickly. We appreciate your kind feedback and appreciate your continued business. Thank you for your understanding and patience. We really do appreciate it.

The funny thing is that reading all of these posts is keeping me plenty entertained while waiting for my drone.... everyone else's anxiety seems to soothe mine. :cool:

Reactions: Fizzle
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom