DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

There is only one problem with those who are trying to excuse DJI's behavior in this matter.... For those of us who ordered direct, THEY ALREADY TOOK OUR MONEY. Its one thing to promise a delivery window and fail to meet it if your don't charge your customer till it ships. It is a completely different thing to take someone's money and then fail to meet your delivery window. Anyone with even the slightest understanding of appropriate business practices knows the difference.

But then again..... it is China we are talking about... they still have a lot to learn about appropriate business practices, unfortunately.

Reactions: Shane
There is only one problem with those who are trying to excuse DJI's behavior in this matter.... For those of us who ordered direct, THEY ALREADY TOOK OUR MONEY. Its one thing to promise a delivery window and fail to meet it if your don't charge your customer till it ships. It is a completely different thing to take someone's money and then fail to meet your delivery window. Anyone with even the slightest understanding of appropriate business practices knows the difference.

But then again..... it is China we are talking about... they still have a lot to learn about appropriate business practices, unfortunately.

They would be happy to give it right back to you... I have seen it done both ways. As long as I get my product within a reasonable amount of time and it is as described then I don't have an issue with it.

Last edited:
Kids, you guys are all crying because your present isn't under the Christmas tree yet..
Seriously, its only 3 days late so far.
So they rushed into it..
Maybe to intercept Karma..so Karma on them..
Think about this,
It takes days to make the boxes that they ship in..
It takes days to make those batteries that we all ordered.
(you don't want a Samsung Note 7 battery reconditioned in your Mavic now do you?)
Just chill out, let them prove themselves..and stop acting like spoiled little toddlers wanting everything..

Our only legal options are to file a complaint with the BBB FTC for the taking of money and moving we'll past the shipment date with very little info to offer.

By law they will then have to have notice upon them for meaningful data.

Let's get em boys!

That is only valid if they have denied you restitution which they have not, you can get a refund at anytiime.(assuming you ordered via DJI otherwise that is between you and the vendor not DJI) There is NO crime, No trade law violation here, there is no delivery contract. Geesh

Reactions: Zandian
Taking Ed's post along with the DJI email which asserted "production is in full swing," I would ask the following question: Then why have they not shipped a single production unit? I don't know how many roll off the line per day but, if this is just a case of unexpected & overwhelming demand, one would think the units rolling off the line would be packaged & shipped directly to pre-order customers. Shouldn't SOMEONE have received at least a shipping notice with a traceable tracking number?

This was just posted on the official thread:

From user ed_windham (Edward J Windham NA Forum Support Manager):

"I see everyone is having fun. Can I dispel some rumors? You can believe me or not. What I am trying to do is inject some reality in the discourse here. There are no manufacturing issues. The issue is that DJI produced a product that was wildly popular. Beyond anything that we have produced to date. If there was a hardware issue don't you think that all the pre and production units in the hands of reviewers would have had the "fatal flaw". No that is not the case. I have asked that my preproduction unit be returned to me. I had it on loan for additional photos and videos. It is more important that I have it now. I will have it tomorrow. Some question the post that was made earlier by Ken. He did post some information that was internal. We all make mistakes. What did the post say. We are not going to do more advertising, we are not going to have reviewers post more reviews. Ask yourself this question, when you have an overflow of orders do you continue to fuel the fire for more orders? No you try to slow them down while you continue to ramp up additional production. If you ordered and want to cancel your order then please do so. This may not be the craft for you. You can file a case with the BBB but to what result. We are sorry we failed to meet a delivery date. That is what we will tell them. We will ship when we have sufficient supplies of product. We have continued to try and update our dealers with a ship date. If you ordered from them, then check to see what they have to say. If you ordered from DJI we have made a statement."

Now this is good info.

Reactions: Arpi Pap
btw, DJI
if you feel I have been given you lots of support,
and my twitter and youtube and instagram and facebook has enough followers,
feel free to offer me a Mavic so I can produce more footage and advertise for you..
I will not do like that Corey guy did and fly irresponsibly..

Lol chill out hahaha I don't say I agreed with him I said it was funny... have a sense of humor
dislike was for the video,
I disliked it on youtube..and so did over 50 others, watch that number grow..

and

notice that that post is not here..or hard to find now..lol

btw, DJI
feel free to offer me a Mavic so I can produce more footage and advertise for you..
Maybe you can send this to the north pole as well.

btw, DJI

Lol, Corey? Would that be Casey by any chance? Funny how green small minded people get when they see somebody with something that they want but can't get. You'll be complaining about footballer's wages next!

Reactions: edoginasia
dont understand a word but another hands on video.Pre production model? Was posted 1 day ago.

dont understand a word but another hands on video.Pre production model? Was posted 1 day ago.
They probably send a pre production model to selected dealers around the world. So far we have seen Mavic in the hands of people in Taiwan, Russia, USA.

Another reason why we are behaving this way, like some people have mentioned, is due to the fact that the Mavic is something we always wanted. It is pretty revolutionary and we can't wait to get our hands on it. Hence we behave like spoilt little kids who can't wait for Xmas to open up their present.

They probably send a pre production model to selected dealers around the world. So far we have seen Mavic in the hands of people in Taiwan, Russia, USA.

Another reason why we are behaving this way, like some people have mentioned, is due to the fact that the Mavic is something we always wanted. It is pretty revolutionary and we can't wait to get our hands on it. Hence we behave like spoilt little kids who can't wait for Xmas to open up their present.
Get it together man!!! Hahaha!

Reactions: flumpet
All of this waiting for Mavic chat is giving me extremely strong feelings towards buying an Inspire....Someone please help!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman