DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

It will be even better when the threads are shut down because will all have our Mavics!

I finally got an email response from DJI regarding my October 4 order. It was just the usual drivel about how they are doing their best to ship orders, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very glad I didn't go with DJI direct, they're screwing people. I ordered Oct 24th from Advexure and I'm getting mine Monday unless something else holds it up, I was supposed to have it yesterday but UPS messed up.

Devin

had to mention this just because it's funny. i had messaged UPS asking about my Mavic yesterday, they didn't message back until today. It's December 3rd, the UPS rep told me my Mavic delivery has been rescheduled for December the 1st, lol. Either I'm waiting until December 1st 2017 or these guys have a time machine to go back a couple days. I know it's coming on Monday, just thought that was comical.

Devin

Who has the latest delivery date or 'estimated' delivery date?
I'm Dec. 31st...hope I don't get too lonely.

Who has the latest delivery date or 'estimated' delivery date?
I'm Dec. 31st...hope I don't get too lonely.

You won't be alone, theres just apparently not many more on this forum that are waiting. People outside this forum waiting?, plenty.

Devin

Well I ordered 10/11 fly less from DJI direct and I'm still waiting....

TWO months in line so far.

I have a 3-month international trip coming up in January and I'll be surprised if I get my Mavic in time to bring it along.

Absolutely worthless response time and customer service from DJI.

Reactions: dontic

I have a 3-month international trip coming up in January and I'll be surprised if I get my Mavic in time to bring it along.

I'd try Newegg or something if I were you, might be faster.

Devin

I'd try Newegg or something if I were you, might be faster.

Devin
Yeah I just put in some orders at Newegg a few days ago.

But I hear they are canceling duplicate orders so we'll see.

I really want to at least have 1 order pending for a fly less and 1 for a fly more, just in case one type ships before the other, but I have a feeling Newegg won't see it like that.

It appears that the Basic Mavics stopped shipping for orders made on the 5th, while Combos continued shipping till orders made on the 12th. I ordered the basic on the 8th and I fly to Spain in a week, I never thought I would have to go without the Mavic, that is, until now.

Man, what drama just waiting for orders! I say this about myself.

• I ordered a Fly More package early October from local camera store. Trying to be loyal to the brick-and-mortar. November expected ship, mid month.
  • As mid-November approaches, pushes back to December.
  • As December approaches, get a note from them saying it's pushed to mid January, and they will refund my full pre-payment should if I can get it from someone else quicker.
  • I order a Mavic $999 package from Apple, plus 3 batteries and a couple of extra propeller pairs a few days ago.
  • I get the props early but the rest is marked Jan 30/31.
  • I go on NewEgg, place another order for a Fly More due to the success people on MavicPilots are having with NewEgg DJI store.
At this point I have 3 orders out there.
  • I go back to Apple to cancel that order. The batteries are cancellable but the Mavic is not. I cancel the batteries and call Apple
  • Apple tells me it's preparing for shipment. So I keep that order.

So now I have what appears to be an Apple order coming in soon, but not for the complete Fly More that I really want.

I will get a Fly More either from NewEgg or my camera store. Unless I cancel them.

Let me get your opinions: Should I get the standalone Mavic from Apple and fly it, and then when my Fly More comes in, sell the NEW Mavic (in the Fly More) as a standalone, or would breaking up the Fly More be a problem for the buyer?

Or should I just cancel the Fly Mores and pick up the remaining parts online (i guess this would cost me about $100 more however).

1st world problems, I'm telling you.

(what I might do is just keep both and try and hide that fact from my wife... and then find some flying buddies)

Reactions: samoo
I ordered my Mavic Fly More Combo on 10/4/16 along with a Z3 camera and X5 Vibration Board for my Inspire, directly from the DJI online Store. The camera and dampening board arrived on time with delays on the Mavic to be expected. I now have a couple of buddies who ordered theirs several days after me (also directly from DJI) who are getting theirs in a few days. I have yet to even get an update from DJI. I have contacted their online sales via email and even that will take several days before anyone reads it. 2/3s of my order got fulfilled and my Mavic order must have fallen to the way side. Nothing to do but wait. Very disappointing.

Reactions: A_Chemist
I'm very glad I didn't go with DJI direct, they're screwing people. I ordered Oct 24th from Advexure and I'm getting mine Monday unless something else holds it up, I was supposed to have it yesterday but UPS messed up.

Devin
I just posted and yup, I got screwed by DJI.

Reactions: JonnyOnTheSpot

Well im sorry it happened because most of us here knows how it feels to be waiting on this thing, and of all people it shouldn't be the actual manufacturer screwing over direct customers. i hope you get it soon from wherever you ordered it, DJI has truly ruined a good bit of their customer reputation in this, their technology is without question great, but the way they treat customers is just crazy and it seems they truly don't care.

Devin

Reactions: JonnyOnTheSpot
I ordered my Mavic Fly More Combo on 10/4/16 along with a Z3 camera and X5 Vibration Board for my Inspire, directly from the DJI online Store. The camera and dampening board arrived on time with delays on the Mavic to be expected. I now have a couple of buddies who ordered theirs several days after me (also directly from DJI) who are getting theirs in a few days. I have yet to even get an update from DJI. I have contacted their online sales via email and even that will take several days before anyone reads it. 2/3s of my order got fulfilled and my Mavic order must have fallen to the way side. Nothing to do but wait. Very disappointing.
I ordered on October 5th and still nothing. I've seen people as late as October 12 getting shipment notifications. Never again, buddy.

Well im sorry it happened because most of us here knows how it feels to be waiting on this thing, and of all people it shouldn't be the actual manufacturer screwing over direct customers. i hope you get it soon from wherever you ordered it, DJI has truly ruined a good bit of their customer reputation in this, their technology is without question great, but the way they treat customers is just crazy and it seems they truly don't care.

Devin

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I ordered on October 5th and still nothing. I've seen people as late as October 12 getting shipment notifications. Never again, buddy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Truly sorry they're treating their customers that way, guess what though. Next time they release a product, I guarantee their direct numbers drop. I actually bet their numbers on the P4P dropped, for direct sales anyways.

Devin

Reactions: APEX^ZERO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer