DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

And it would be a big deal if DJI wasn't offering refunds...

But they are.

Exactly.. If people do not want to wait please cancel your order. We do not want you to be unhappy about ANY purchase from DJI. Everyone else we appreciate your support on this outstanding product.

May want to check that again. I clicked it and it gives me no dates at all.

I refreshed and you are right... It's gone. I recorded my screen as I did the refresh just now...

Attachments

• mvicbb.gif
    mvicbb.gif
    242.6 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Shane
I refreshed and you are right... It's gone. I recorded my screen as I did the refresh just now...

It's back! (But I don't know for how long.)

Could be a good sign.

Exactly.. If people do not want to wait please cancel your order. We do not want you to be unhappy about ANY purchase from DJI. Everyone else we appreciate your support on this outstanding product.

Are you with DJI? If so, in what capacity?

I am fed up with people making excuses for a company that knowingly deceived the public for financial benefit. Despite claims of "the factory is in full swing," DJI has yet to ship a single Mavic. Obviously they KNEW they would have no Mavics to ship on 10/15. All DJI had to do was BE HONEST & inform users upfront that the Mavic would begin shipping on 11/15. Unfortunately it appears taking out the Karma & collecting a billion+ in pre-order sales was too enticing for DJI execs. DJI screwed the pooch on the Mavic release & still refuses to supply an actual reason for the delay or a delivery date. Any blame & angst here lies squarely with DJI.

I'm fed up about people moaning about their money being taken...that's what a pre-order is. You pay for something and then get it when it's released. Where I would and do get annoyed is the Plexidrone, who have my money, and are now 18 MONTHS behind on their shipping date...
But maybe DJI shuld refund like you suggest...and it takes (up to) 7 days to get a card refund (I know, I'm the head of payments for an internet company), and in that time they want to ship so they try to charge your card ....oh but you have no funds because it's 'in transit'...so your order fails...and no Mavic...back to the end of the queue you go. Good job.
I'm sure you'd be reasonable then...
Just cancel your order, wait for your money, and go to an Apple store in mid-November...and stop buying things from the internet where they *gasp* take your money before you get your hands on the item...

Put me on the list @TopQuark. Amazon, 10:05 AM PST Sep 27th.

Been pestering them and I got nothing. Nothing pisses me off more than breaking promises. I heard they did an earlier ship date (even though they knew they couldnt meet it) to get more sales from people on the fence for the Karma. Starting to think that is true. What a mess
Who's the end seller? Is it DJI's storefront?

interesting that the "official mavic shipping times" forum was just completely deleted by DJI.... I understand that this is a toy and there are far more important things in this world than when his thing ships out but that does not make it right.. DJI should ship out the Mavic when its ready and safe, even if that takes them 1-2 months but they must also be clear and honest with costumers

Reactions: ___

And back again. lol Refresh your screen a few times and you will see what I mean. No idea why it's coming and going.

If you add it to your cart, you can see it says:

Pre-Order Releases Sunday, October 30, 2016

I called best buy support for kicks and they show a "release on the 30th of October, and shipping with estimation of arrival at your door on the 31st of October, shipping via UPS." Shipping to my local Best Buy was not an option. That's all gotta be a mistake, right?? Right?

They do charge upon order but no repercussions if you cancel the order other than potentially having the funds not released right away back onto your card.

Last edited:
All wiped out with a statement saying comments about shipping no longer serve a purpose. Hmm I think it the fact it was getting longer and longer, looked bad on the official site for future custom.

All wiped out with a statement saying comments about shipping no longer serve a purpose. Hmm I think it the fact it was getting longer and longer, looked bad on the official site for future custom.

The only way I see that the thread for shipping delays no longer serves a purpose is... if they plan on shipping very soon. Or they could be lying and the reason being just like you said. :)

I am fed up with people making excuses for a company that knowingly deceived the public for financial benefit. Despite claims of "the factory is in full swing," DJI has yet to ship a single Mavic. Obviously they KNEW they would have no Mavics to ship on 10/15. All DJI had to do was BE HONEST & inform users upfront that the Mavic would begin shipping on 11/15. Unfortunately it appears taking out the Karma & collecting a billion+ in pre-order sales was too enticing for DJI execs. DJI screwed the pooch on the Mavic release & still refuses to supply an actual reason for the delay or a delivery date. Any blame & angst here lies squarely with DJI.

I disagree. One - there is no way to know if DJI knew or didn't know if they would meet the 10/15 shipping deadline they originally strived for. So many variables come into play that can delay shipping.

The company I work for buys custom hardware that has Apple's lighting connector on it. Our manufacturing of the product was delayed because our hardware supplier couldn't get any lighting connectors because they are backordered worldwide because of the iPhone 7 launch. Something as simple as that - making the lighting cable that is included with the Mavic controller can delay shipping. Just sayin'.

Lastly, let's be honest - DJI has never released a product where the launch went smoothly. lol.

Actually the P3 and P4 were like clockwork.

Yes there has been issues with some products but it's not the case it's with everything.

This is an extremely important product to DJI and some of its best people, its Dr Turbo baby from the looks of it so these guys are not going to be happy.

So many variables like 3rd parties involved anything could have caused it, I do believe they had the intention of shipping on time.

We are only 4 days late, people need to chill and wait to see, I honestly believe this will ship in the next 7 days to folks.

People just need to calm down, stop doing stupid things like on DJI forum and it will soon be here.

Wow, so DJI funneled all posts about shipping into one thread (that they created) on dji.com, let it get about a gazzilion posts in it and then deleted it. Nice. So now there's no reference of any shipping delays other than the official (we lied, we're sorry, you'll get it sometime) official post.

I understand the violence that went on there was out of line, but they just deleted a lot of valuable questions as well. Ugh. This was my first DJI purchase and first pre-order for something like this and I'm not impressed. Took an exciting thing and turned it into a depressing/negative experience. I'm sure I'll love the mavic, but this experience. nah. Never again. I'll ignore this kind of stuff and buy when it's in stores from now on.

Reactions: Shane
Actually the P3 and P4 were like clockwork.

Yes there has been issues with some products but it's not the case it's with everything.

This is an extremely important product to DJI and some of its best people, its Dr Turbo baby from the looks of it so these guys are not going to be happy.

So many variables like 3rd parties involved anything could have caused it, I do believe they had the intention of shipping on time.

We are only 4 days late, people need to chill and wait to see, I honestly believe this will ship in the next 7 days to folks.

People just need to calm down, stop doing stupid things like on DJI forum and it will soon be here.

Good to see ya Mad :p

Reactions: Slat
At least we can still discuss shipping etc on here. It's interesting to read the response people receive from where they preordered .

DJI doesn't care that a relatively small number of buyers are pissed off, it wasn't the right thing to do if they knowilingly did this for the sole purpose of stealing business from GoPro however, DJI is well aware that it takes a whole lot more than holding buyers funds and delaying shipments to damage their reputation. If you're unhappy, then cancel and get a refund. I bet there's not too many that have gone this route at risk of losing their place in line. So what, your CC was charged 2 1/2 weeks ago and unless your billing cycle was a day or two later, you're not out a single dime...yet. DJI doesn't have any "real" competition with its new Mavic, at least not yet. Undoubtedly, the Mavic appears to be an amazing quad and complaining is going to continue until we finally get our grubby hands on one and start enjoying it at which time, no one will remember what DJI did or didn't intentionally do.
On another note, if DJI made it clear on the day of announcement that order banks would open immediately yet shipping wouldn't take place until mid November, most still would've jumped in whether payment was do at time of order or not. I bet most of the complaints are coming from those that sold their only quads in hope of having the Mavic by mid October.

Last edited:
Reactions: kykayak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki