DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

sure looks like it

@rigor it probably is right, i've seen people take the Mavic around that speed depending on if you're flying with the wind. when i took it 38 i was flying against some terrible wind, im pretty sure its max speed is around 50 in optimal weather. i don't know yet though because i haven't had a single day of optimal weather since i got mine.

Devin

Best I've ever got was 46mph, my P4 did 60mph under the same condition.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

my order from oct 28, direct from dji just changed to shipped.

weird though, they didn't give me a tracking number, or tell me who is shipping it.

The wind was 7mph when i did that flight but i lost gps on my way back i was in a right panic but i took it out of sports mode and it connected again im hoping it dosent happen again after the new update :)

my order from oct 28, direct from dji just changed to shipped.

weird though, they didn't give me a tracking number, or tell me who is shipping it.
You usually get an email with shipping info a day or so after it says shipped on the website.

Reactions: Chevitz
The wind was 7mph when i did that flight but i lost gps on my way back i was in a right panic but i took it out of sports mode and it connected again im hoping it dosent happen again after the new update :)

when i went 38 i switched it back into GPS mode because i got a notification that there was strong wireless interference. next thing i knew my forward sensors were sensing something in front of it and making it stop even though there was nothing because i could see the drone and there was nothing in front of it at all, not even close. i wonder if the wireless interference caused that.

Devin

I ordered from DJI direct the same day Oct 25th. Our 8 week estimate should be next week, so hopefully they ship out by then. I see a few post here that DJI direct have shipped out a few Oct 17th orders, so keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm in this group as well. Fly More from DJI Direct on 10/25. 12/20 is our 8-week elapsed date...

Got my 12/1 Newegg order yesterday and canceling my 10/24 DJI Direct order today. Lesson learned.

Dude, you were close to shipping. I ordered on 10/17, it shipped the 10th and is "suppose" to deliver tomorrow; according to the tracking number.

My friend ordered the 8th and got his last Monday.

DJI is probably shopping orders in the Oct 19th-21st window now. Anybody who ordered around that time you'll hopefully be getting an account update with shipping/tracking info soon.

This is what I did with some tail wind with my p4. I didn't notice until later when I was going over my flight records. I was blown away !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-20-20-22-57.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-20-20-22-57.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 55
Guess what? Checked my email this morning and saw that my Mavic Pro Combo had shipped, and the estimated delivery time is this Friday! Ordered from DJI direct on Oct. 20th and shipped on Dec. 13th. Just have to wait another three days!

when i went 38 i switched it back into GPS mode because i got a notification that there was strong wireless interference. next thing i knew my forward sensors were sensing something in front of it and making it stop even though there was nothing because i could see the drone and there was nothing in front of it at all, not even close. i wonder if the wireless interference caused that.

Devin
I have read that sunlight can cause that to happen if it does it again you could try turning it away from the sun and see it moves again

Reactions: devinrhall
I have read that sunlight can cause that to happen if it does it again you could try turning it away from the sun and see it moves again

actually i do believe it was facing the sun at that point, i'm guessing it kind of glares into the sensors enough to make them think something is in front of them? and yeah when i turned it away from the direction it was facing it would continue to move, i think you are right because it was directly in the suns path now that i think about it. thanks for that info i definitely didn't know it would do that. it was freaking me out because it happened a few times because the way i needed it to come back was straight towards the sun.

Devin

I ordered on 10/17 and was just told that I shouldn't expect it until some time in January.

I ordered on 10/17 and was just told that I shouldn't expect it until some time in January.

you must've ordered from DJI direct, I ordered from Advexure on Oct 24th and got mine on Dec 5th, too bad you didn't order from there or somewhere else because DJI direct seems to be the slowest way to get one.

Devin

actually i do believe it was facing the sun at that point, i'm guessing it kind of glares into the sensors enough to make them think something is in front of them?

Devin
Its very frightening when anything happens with it been a new drone i got a wind warning yesterday that didnt bother me too much as the wind was only 9 mph but read that someone else,s had started to land with the warning so i got it back as fast as i could as i dont know if it will do that yet

Its very frightening when anything happens with it been a new drone i got a wind warning yesterday that didnt bother me too much as the wind was only 9 mph but read that someone else,s had started to land with the warning so i got it back as fast as i could as i dont know if it will do that yet

i've had wind warnings almost every time i've flown it, i haven't gotten an auto land or anything and i think it was around 12 mph winds. i do tend to bring it back closer to me with that notification but i usually keep flying. bringing it down in altitude usually fixes it, i have a habit of flying around 250 feet in altitude and the wind is usually worse up there. when i drop about 40 to 50 feet the wind advisory usually goes away. i know one thing though, as small as the Mavic is, it can definitely hold its own in some bad weather.

Devin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1