DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Has anyone else had a bunch of compass errors since the last update?

Like literally every time I'm in sports mode if I fly in a straight line for a 10-15 seconds it will pop up the error. As soon as I stop moving it goes away

Same for wind error.. pops up all the time now. It seems they've made it a bit too sensitive to me

Has anyone else had a bunch of compass errors since the last update?

Like literally every time I'm in sports mode if I fly in a straight line for a 10-15 seconds it will pop up the error. As soon as I stop moving it goes away

Same for wind error.. pops up all the time now. It seems they've made it a bit too sensitive to me

i don't have that but i keep getting a downward sensor error. i haven't been promoted for an update since the day or two after i got my mavic which would be the 7th. i had to update it the day i got it and then again a day or two after. i keep getting an error message for the downward sensors but when i check them on the app it says normal.

Devin

Oct 4th order from Amazon Prime still waiting. Are all the post about issues with your mavic in the Pre-order and Shipping thread intended to be posted in here to make us feel better that we are still waiting and yours is all F'ed up?

by the way i know this is off topic but i'll go for it anyways. when i record in 1080p 30fps i notice the videos get downed to 720p a lot, anyone know why? i do 1080p 30 fps instead of 60 fps because it seems 60 fps has some anti aliasing problems.

Devin

i've had wind warnings almost every time i've flown it, i haven't gotten an auto land or anything and i think it was around 12 mph winds. i do tend to bring it back closer to me with that notification but i usually keep flying. bringing it down in altitude usually fixes it, i have a habit of flying around 250 feet in altitude and the wind is usually worse up there. when i drop about 40 to 50 feet the wind advisory usually goes away. i know one thing though, as small as the Mavic is, it can definitely hold its own in some bad weather.

Devin
Yes it is very good its very solid in the air

Reactions: devinrhall
you must've ordered from DJI direct, I ordered from Advexure on Oct 24th and got mine on Dec 5th, too bad you didn't order from there or somewhere else because DJI direct seems to be the slowest way to get one.

Devin

No I ordered from Hobbiesdirect via amazon, which is now called Aaron's Toys. It's a nightmare. It will arrive WHILE I am on the trip I wanted it for.

No I ordered from Hobbiesdirect via amazon, which is now called Aaron's Toys. It's a nightmare. It will arrive WHILE I am on the trip I wanted it for.

Oh ok. Well i hope you get it soon. Definitely don't cancel even if it doesn't meet your trip. I wanted mine before a trip also, it sucked not having it, but trust me, you will be very very happy with it.

Devin

Mine arrived today. I was once again reminded how terrible DHL is with flawed tracking that posts the planned delivery date to be one day after shipping (CN to CA no way) and once it blew by that (by seven days) I had to engage with them for a trace and it magically showed up today. I thought they went bankrupt years ago. Terrible courier.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

my order from oct 28, direct from dji just changed to shipped.

weird though, they didn't give me a tracking number, or tell me who is shipping it.

I ordered direct DJI on Oct 25th and still pending. Did anyone else get a 1% credit from DJI? $13.98

Attachments

• 20161213_233234.png
    20161213_233234.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 61
Mine arrived today. I was once again reminded how terrible DHL is with flawed tracking that posts the planned delivery date to be one day after shipping (CN to CA no way) and once it blew by that (by seven days) I had to engage with them for a trace and it magically showed up today. I thought they went bankrupt years ago. Terrible courier.

Sometimes they're good and sometimes they aren't from what I've seen. In all my experience with DHL it was always a guessing game of when I'd get what I ordered.

Devin

Thinking of canceling my fly more combo and going with the 4 pro. Just wondering if anyone else considered that. Reading the threads about problems with compass errors during fast flying has me wondering if the Mavic has a flaw. Anyone want to share their thoughts or opinions?

Thinking of canceling my fly more combo and going with the 4 pro. Just wondering if anyone else considered that. Reading the threads about problems with compass errors during fast flying has me wondering if the Mavic has a flaw. Anyone want to share their thoughts or opinions?

I've watched some reviews of the mavic in comparison with the 4 pro. The 4 pro definitely beats the mavic in alot of features other than portability and easy set up. If you don't mind hauling extra weight and size, then go for the 4 pro. I think alot of people pick the mavic because of its portability when hiking, traveling, or even just in town. Just to have it with them for a "just in case" situation.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_