DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Receive date can vary depending on country and location so I thought it is not a good gauge which retailer ships out first. That was the objective when starting this thread. Besides, once everyone received their Mavic, I doubt anyone will take their time to post back here. They'll spend time flying their Mavic. :rolleyes:

Edit: Someone made a good point if Newegg's providing a tracking number means they are shipping. I'll take note of that and adjust the shipment date based on when Newegg actually ship the units out. Sounds fair?

I will be back to report as I'm all about data and will need these statistics for my mavic pro 2

Last edited:
DB, It has too be the extra batteries delaying things now because I bought a fly less and one extra batt from DJI on the 28th and mine is not shipping yet. People who ordered after me are getting theirs with just the bird.

It's not the extra batteries, I have seen several orders that got extra batteries on other forums that have received tracking numbers. The only accessory I haven't seen with a tracking number is the stupid bag.

That's strange, because when I ordered my P3 with extra batteries and they were in short supply DJI went ahead and shipped the quad and then the extra batteries 3 weeks later. They could do the same with this release.
The other thing is if they had a few thousand of these ready to ship and discovered the GPS glitch, they would need to re-flash every one of them with the updated firmware, a time consuming task.

Was a GPS glitch confirmed or are you speculating?

FYI, just looked on the Apple site and says available in store on Dec 13!
And delivery Dec 7th to 13th!!
Guess they are shipping DJI store customers first.
Good for them!

Was a GPS glitch confirmed or are you speculating?
My confidential insiders told me that the real reason for the 5 day delay was that they ran out of packing tape for the boxes, Staples was closed, then the ship got a flat tire... it was an ordeal. Still nothing like what the poor consumers had to endure for those grueling 120 hours they had to suffer through it with no help and no word from the overlord Frank Wang & DJI. Thankfully everyone in DJI land can sleep soundly tonight knowing their beloved Mavic is soon on its way to your doorstep. Sleep well my friends... sleep well. :D

My confidential insiders told me that the real reason for the 5 day delay was that they ran out of packing tape for the boxes, Staples was closed, then the ship got a flat tire... it was an ordeal. Still nothing like what the poor consumers had to endure for those grueling 120 hours they had to suffer through it with no help and no word from the overlord Frank Wang & DJI. Thankfully everyone in DJI land can sleep soundly tonight knowing their beloved Mavic is soon on its way to your doorstep. Sleep well my friends... sleep well. :D
Thought you left to run from a stalker???

Any word from Rise Above in Australia?
I've not heard from them, but I suspect that that's either because: the shipment notification was posted late on Friday night, or because rise above hasn't been notified by DJI that their mavics are en route.

I'm feeling rather disgruntled regarding my decision to offer DJI significantly more money in return for More Flyability. I should've saved some money by opting for the Fly Period selection. Those DJI folks are a swell lot.

I also have the "fly more", ordered 9/27. Anyone try to reach DJI, Amazon etc. and see if switching to a plain $999 Mavic would keep the early place in line and ship immediately? I'm guessing switching at this point puts us behind everyone that's ordered till now.

I'm feeling rather disgruntled regarding my decision to offer DJI significantly more money in return for More Flyability. I should've saved some money by opting for the Fly Period selection. Those DJI folks are a swell lot.

Personally, at this early stage, I'm hesitant to draw any conclusions regarding which orders have or have not been shipped. The people on this forum represent a tiny fraction of the number of orders, so although nobody here who has ordered the fly more combo has reported that theirs has shipped, I don't think we can conclude that this sample size is representative of the entire customer base.

My other thought is that it's called the 'fly more combo' - not the 'fly sooner combo', so even though we might not be flying sooner than those who purchased just the drone, once we receive our orders, we should be flying more than those who just have a single battery.

Reactions: Derf and botasky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead