DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I'm a little pissed... Ordered just the Magic from DJI on 9/29... Paid in full... Nothing yet other the the non-update... Meanwhile, people who ordered from other retailers as late as 10/11 already have theirs shipped. So much for first come first served.

Reactions: ThreeGs and Shane
If you guys ordered from DJI via Amazon on the first day I suggest you email them. My order page doesn't show anything about it being shipped.

It would be cool if that's also the case for the Fly More orders. Guess we will see.

Z

Reactions: edoginasia
So far, the following are the ones who got shipping information:
Code:
    Who          Where Ordered        When Ordered     Shipped Out
darkneo           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 10.00am      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
DroidSector       DJI                   Sep 27 12:50pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Fizzle            DJI                   Sep 27 01:13pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Chevytwonova      DJI                   Sep 27 02:06pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Vicrimo           DJI                   Sep 27 05:37pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
MavicPro          DJI                   Sep 28              Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
J v P             DJI                   Sep 28              Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
incogneito        Newegg (DJI)          Oct 1               Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
crbalch           Newegg (DJI)          Oct 9               Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
knowtomorrow      Newegg (DJI)          Oct 14              Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)

You can add me to that list, ordered 9/27/16 10:25 UTC, fly less, DJI direct, arriving WED have tracking #

Here is DJI's interpretation of "first come, first served." They don't seem to have any problem splitting the shipments for orders with added accessories that aren't the combo. I find this practice incredibly dishonest, and they will simply get away with it.

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 8.27.40 AM.png

Reactions: Shane
Here is DJI's interpretation of "first come, first served." They don't seem to have any problem splitting the shipments for orders with added accessories that aren't the combo. I find this practice incredibly dishonest, and they will simply get away with it.

View attachment 338

Well that explains a lot. I have 2 combo's ordered on the 27th at 19:43 UTC with no shipping indications while many subsequent to this time have orders shipped. Guess will have to wait. Wish thwy would have advised from the start.

If you guys ordered from DJI via Amazon on the first day I suggest you email them. My order page doesn't show anything about it being shipped.

Funny enough, looks like the original ETA Amazon gave will come true: 18-26th.

b36b66577feadd034e7050f7d2d0e32e.jpg

Agree - my Amazon(DJI) order has shipped as well. Basic package, coming DHL, scheduled for delivery Monday! Went from Shenzhen to Hong Kong, left Hong Kong Sat @ 20:36, pre-cleared customs. Yeah

View media item 9
Still just sitting there. "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" It says that it will be released on the 15th. I guess that is when they will ship also since I ordered so late in the game. Order is just for the Mavic. I have a separate order for the battery on Amazon. I also have another order for a battery and a few other accessories from DJI.com. All "pending".

Ordered the combo on Sept 27 from DJI Amazon. Status has been saying on time for a week now with an Oct 26 receipt date. I really doubt that now. Wondering when they are going to finally update me with the bad news. Likely won't see it update with the new date until they miss the 26th...
or the Mavic shows up. Not too hopeful of that.
Z
I'm in the same boat. I think it is the combo that is holding us up?

View media item 9
Still just sitting there. "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" It says that it will be released on the 15th. I guess that is when they will ship also since I ordered so late in the game. Order is just for the Mavic. I have a separate order for the battery on Amazon. I also have another order for a battery and a few other accessories from DJI.com. All "pending".

Amazon customer service says that it will very likely ship on the evening of the 16th. They also confirmed that if I change my shipping method/type/speed it will reprocess and I will loose my place in line. However, I would assume that even if I ordered today that I would receive at the same time late November.

Was anyone able to order via Best Buy yesterday when it was showing 10/31 as the delivery date? I tried several times, but kept getting a message that the item wasn't available in my delivery location (NJ). When I went back through and used my work address, it went through but the payment kept getting declined. I tried 2 different credit cards and Visa Checkout, but none of them worked. After about three tries, they cancelled my order. I did get a fraud alert on both of my cards, but the payment failed even after authorizing the payment. What a PIA. Now the website is showing "coming soon."

Well, at least it appears some of the orders made directly with DJI are being filled. I'm back into the refresh mode on my order status page.

Was anyone able to order via Best Buy yesterday when it was showing 10/31 as the delivery date? I tried several times, but kept getting a message that the item wasn't available in my delivery location (NJ). When I went back through and used my work address, it went through but the payment kept getting declined. I tried 2 different credit cards and Visa Checkout, but none of them worked. After about three tries, they cancelled my order. I did get a fraud alert on both of my cards, but the payment failed even after authorizing the payment. What a PIA. Now the website is showing "coming soon."

I was able to get an order through at BB yesterday morning with a 10/31 delivery date. I also got a fraud alert, but once I got that lifted and re-processed via the BB email the order was confirmed.

Reactions: ___
FWIW, I ordered from Amazon and Amazon was also the seller. Amazon (as the seller) didn't put the Mavic on pre-order until the 29th. I'm sure I was among the very first to order from Amazon on that day. No news here. I still get "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

I'm hoping that Amazon ordered a bulk amount ahead of the actual pre-order date and I will get mine fairly soon. Who knows. I bet we all get more solid info by the end of next week.

I had no problem ordering it from BestBuy on Oct. 18th (Still shows Oct. 31st delivery). But I am annoyed that I probably will get this before my order I placed at 10AM PST Sept. 27th from DJI Direct (via Amazon). But at least it gives me a chance at having something relatively soon...

I actually order 2, 1 through Amazon Re-seller on 10/3 which is still scheduled for delivery on 11/2 which I doubt and 1 via BestBuy on 10/18 here's the BestBuy status:
upload_2016-10-22_11-38-14.png

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman