DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I just checked my status on Best Buy, and now my order from yesterday morning is showing that I'll have it by Sunday, 10/30. That makes me think that it'll ship early to mid this week!

I also noticed that they are taking preorders again with 10/31 delivery.

You do realize that just because a site quotes a 'Oct. 31' delivery date for some tiny window of time that has nothing to do with it actually being available. Vendors may be able to fulfill '2nd batch' orders made in early October by the end of the month, but if the demand is as high and backlogged as DJI claims then I don't see how an order made only this week could be fulfilled next week.

Reactions: liban622
View media item 9
Still just sitting there. "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" It says that it will be released on the 15th. I guess that is when they will ship also since I ordered so late in the game. Order is just for the Mavic. I have a separate order for the battery on Amazon. I also have another order for a battery and a few other accessories from DJI.com. All "pending".

I'm in the same boat, when I chatted with Amazon they are clueless. The rep went and chatted with DJI chat to see when they should arrive. We could be in for a long wait lol.

Reactions: ___
Interesting... I wonder if the Best Buy orders will actually ship as stated or if BB is just making **** up to get orders... I'm pretty pissed that my 9/29 order from DJI is still showing that annoying non-update update from a few days ago... It would be nice to get some kind of estimated delivery date even if it came with a "nothing is guaranteed and subject to change" disclaimer.

You do realize that just because a site quotes a 'Oct. 31' delivery date for some tiny window of time that has nothing to do with it actually being available. Vendors may be able to fulfill '2nd batch' orders made in early October by the end of the month, but if the demand is as high as DJI says it is then I don't see how and order made only this week could be fulfilled next week.
Yes, I have no expectations whatsoever of receiving it from BestBuy on 10/31. As I stated previously, "I ordered 2 Mavics from seperate vendors". I'll cancel 1 of those orders once the drone is in hand.

You do realize that just because a site quotes a 'Oct. 31' delivery date for some tiny window of time that has nothing to do with it actually being available. Vendors may be able to fulfill '2nd batch' orders made in early October by the end of the month, but if the demand is as high and backlogged as DJI claims then I don't see how an order made only this week could be fulfilled next week.

Yes, but it seems somewhat likely since the recent Newegg orders are already shipping... Makes me think DJI sent out bulk supplies to resellers, who are getting priority over direct orders from DJI.

True, but given the stature of Best Buy in the retail electronics world and the limited number of preorders from them in the limited sample size of this thread, I have some hope that they will deliver. We shall see...

I received a tracking number from Fed Ex and its active. Last known in China, with a delivery date of Wed. Oct. 26. Newegg w/ fly less non-package.

Best Buy is currently showing only 'pre order' with no projected shipping date and has been that way for over a week now. My suspicion would be that if you see 'Oct. 31' show up for a short period of time at this late point you are seeing a ghost or non-updated field in a computer somewhere. But time will tell I guess.... 11 days to be precise.

Well, one new common theme I've noted in this thread is the sarcastic "Fly Less" Combo package is now being used in both contexts, which is making it impossible to understand what people are really saying. People that didn't order the Combo are now starting to call it "Fly Less" which is annoying because that saying came from the Combo advertising "Fly More," yet they are not being delivered, so hence the "Fly Less" meme... But I get the confusion, if we were not privy to the marketing behind the "Fly More" package. I guess I'll stop using sarcasm when referring to my orders, to avoid any confustion :/

I had no problem ordering it from BestBuy on Oct. 18th (Still shows Oct. 31st delivery). But I am annoyed that I probably will get this before my order I placed at 10AM PST Sept. 27th from DJI Direct (via Amazon). But at least it gives me a chance at having something relatively soon...

You should email Amazon about your DJI direct order if it's for the basic package. I ordered on the 27th and my order page still shows "Preparing for shipment" as it has since day one. However, Amazon has provided me a tracking number which currently has a Monday delivery...

I'm in the combo fly more group which is kind of Ironic since we are actually flying less... I went into newegg this AM and there was 1 regular mavic (non bundle) in stock sold by DJI in stock in the USA per the website, my card was charged and afterwards newegg showed 0 in stock I wonder if this means actually in stock or not... will wait till Monday and see

Well, one new common theme I've noted in this thread is the sarcastic "Fly Less" Combo package is now being used in both contexts, which is making it impossible to understand what people are really saying. People that didn't order the Combo are now starting to call it "Fly Less" which is annoying because that saying came from the Combo advertising "Fly More," yet they are not being delivered, so hence the "Fly Less" meme... But I get the confusion, if we were not privy to the marketing behind the "Fly More" package. I guess I'll stop using sarcasm when referring to my orders, to avoid any confustion :/

I agree. The fly less joke had me confused.

I wanted the the Fly More - but chose to order the $999 package because I knew it would likely start shipping sooner. The Fly More could be held up for the book bag if its not ready yet! Just way too many chances to get held up, because no way DJI ships those orders piece meal with missing parts to ship later.

I agree. The fly less joke had me confused.

I wanted the the Fly More - but chose to order the $999 package because I knew it would likely start shipping sooner. The Fly More could be held up for the book bag if its not ready yet! Just way too many chances to get held up, because no way DJI ships those orders piece meal with missing parts to ship later.
Not to mention the fly more package was not even available for preorder at most of the big retail stores which was kind of a tip that it was not ready yet.

Apple and Best Buy don't even have a fly more package on their websites. I'd be pi$$ed if I ordered the fly more package direct from DJI on day one. Just another example of poor communication and costumer service from DJI.

Is anyone great ordered extra batteries showing the batteries are getting delivered as well? I ordered an extra one separately and it hasn't updated shipping status yet on that

Is anyone great ordered extra batteries showing the batteries are getting delivered as well? I ordered an extra one separately and it hasn't updated shipping status yet on that

They're not shipping yet. I ordered an extra with the mavic. Email said it would ship later.

They're not shipping yet. I ordered an extra with the mavic. Email said it would ship later.

Here's a theory (probably already thought of by someone else)

One of the bottlenecks of production is that they simply don't have enough batteries manufactured. Therefore DJI makes the decision to ship out as many units with 1 battery as they can before they start fulfilling orders with 1 drone and 3 batteries. (Plus, they gain $3,000 in revenue and fulfill 3 orders vs only making $1,300 and fulfilling 1 order.)

Reactions: Arpi Pap
Not to mention the fly more package was not even available for preorder at most of the big retail stores which was kind of a tip that it was not ready yet.

Apple and Best Buy don't even have a fly more package on their websites. I'd be pi$$ed if I ordered the fly more package direct from DJI on day one. Just another example of poor communication and costumer service from DJI.
Yep, just really, really bad. DJI has a long way to go to meet the standards of American or Japanese customer relations, if in fact they care at all.

At this point I wouldn't anticipate that anyone who ordered the Fly More combo can expect any level of communication from DJI as to status, in fact they may well be better off ordering a solo Mavic. Sad but true, even an order of a solo unit today could conceivably arrive before they are shipping the Fly More.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piggybank292003