DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Well, I have no update from Amazon on my Fly More Combo; but I recently used this little utility to see if any were coming to my zip code: DJI Package Search

And sure enough there was one there. So next I logged into my FedEx Delivery Manager account (you can use this to see all your incoming and outgoing packages once you verify your address), and there it was in all it's glory. An actual tracking number from DJI (Label created Saturday, Arriving Wednesday)... Not only that; but my Amazon account said from the beginning to expect delivery starting on the 26th of October; and that's when it's getting delivered. So they came through :)

So my Fly More Combo order placed on the 27th (from DJI via Amazon) will be arriving this Wednesday, the 26th (before 10:30AM too)!!!!!
Very encouraging. This is the fist time I've heard about partial shipments!

Got another email from Best Buy saying the Mavic is back in stock. Just for S's and G's I tried it again. In the past they unceremoniously dumped the Mavic out of my cart when I tried to check out. This time they let the order go through. They immediately charged my card and are saying the status is "pre-ordered" and "get it by Mon, Oct 31". So, this will be interesting. So now I have to decide whether to wait the week or so (or maybe more?) for my bundle to finally ship, or accept the single Mavic next Monday and cancel the bundle (assuming it actually does arrive Oct 31)? It really comes down to how serious the situation is with the bundles, or how serious the situation is with whatever accessory is giving them trouble (I assume it's the battery).

Z
I got email as well. I was able to put it in my cart but did not buy. But it says available 30-Oct and with standard shipping I should get it the next day? I'm guessing they know what they will be getting and are selling those.

Too bad you didn't add country or ZIP codes to your list, I would love to know who else ordered from my area. And who is getting the one arriving on Wed, sure its not me as I ordered the Fly More, ship last kit.
Tough one because we are only a very small % of the whole population. Check Jason Strutlands message how to tell if the pkg coming in is yours.

Going by the time of the last scan, this could be the plane carrying our Mavics. Destination is Memphis, FedEx's main hub.
haha I also looked and saw that plane. thought it was strange its going to memphis, looks like it may be stopping in SFO though based on the flight path. All I know is Wednesday morning is going to feel a bit like Christmas morning (I hope... )

Reactions: darkneo
haha I also looked and saw that plane. thought it was strange its going to memphis, looks like it may be stopping in SFO though based on the flight path. All I know is Wednesday morning is going to feel a bit like Christmas morning (I hope... )
They all go to Memphis. At least the iPhones 6 and 7's since they were first shipped to US mainland.

Going by the time of the last scan, this could be the plane carrying our Mavics. Destination is Memphis, FedEx's main hub.

ccc3419d603f7c22dca33b976afb66e4.jpg

Wow, that is some serious research skills.

Just called my local Apple Store... previously they told me they'd have them in-store 11/2. Just now they said 12/15. Looks like there's going to be some pretty significant delays... I may cancel my 9/29 preorder if I don't get some sort of update in the next day or two. I don't mind waiting, but if I have to wait until December, I'd rather just get my $1k back and then buy it in the spring. Not much flying to be done in the middle of the winter where I live anyway.

Reactions: Zandian
Hey guys had a question dealing with delivery. I ordered the basic package from DJI direct on oct 5th I then heard that DJI ships to retailers first so I ordered one from bestbuy on the 15th or so. No word when DJI will ship and Best Buy says I'll get it by the 31st has a hold on my card but no charge. I'd prefer not to pay $89 tax since that's anothe battery I can buy but other than the 15 day return policy from Best Buy.. is there any other reason to get it from them vs direct? Also if I need repairs does BB handle manufacturers warranty?

TIA

It's kind of irritating that companies like E ZEE Electronics and list a product on Amazon and take your money when they have absolutely no control over the shipping from the supplier. It's equally frustrating that they don't appear to have any real desire to seek answers from DJI or communicate with those of us who purchased through them. Guess I'll know better next time...

I just chatted with DJI support... they couldn't tell me anything about when my order will ship and told me to email customer support. I emailed customer support and they told me they have too many emails and that I should contact support through online chat... I'm about to give up and just get my money back. This is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: fishbox
Got another email from Best Buy saying the Mavic is back in stock. Just for S's and G's I tried it again. In the past they unceremoniously dumped the Mavic out of my cart when I tried to check out. This time they let the order go through. They immediately charged my card and are saying the status is "pre-ordered" and "get it by Mon, Oct 31". So, this will be interesting. So now I have to decide whether to wait the week or so (or maybe more?) for my bundle to finally ship, or accept the single Mavic next Monday and cancel the bundle (assuming it actually does arrive Oct 31)? It really comes down to how serious the situation is with the bundles, or how serious the situation is with whatever accessory is giving them trouble (I assume it's the battery).

Z

Same here. Have a pre order with a LHS and today just placed an order with BB for schedule delivery of 10/31. Will see which one comes through first. My card was charged though, so that's weird.

Just now placed an order with Best Buy for a single unit and the charge went through with a projected delivery of 10/30...I have a previous order with a Drone store for a combo/fly more unit that they're projecting for mid-Nov. If BB comes through as promised I'll keep both...If they delay close to the combo delivery I'll cancel...

Looks like my son/grandson could be getting a really cool (slightly used ;-) christmas present if they both come through as promised

So Amazon has taken a turn for the worse. I ordered from Amazon (not DJI's Amazon store) and today Amazon made some changes...

The release date has been bumped to December 1st for a delivery date prediction of December 5th. This date could get pushed again. (It was listed as November 2, then pushed to November 15.)

I spoke with Amazon support and they confirmed that they have not shipped any Mavics (from Amazon direct, mind you) and that they also have not received any product from DJI yet.

The rep told me that they are expecting to receive a shipment from DJI on November 30th. They were told to expected a shipment on October 30th but it is now not expected until November 30. She did say that having said that, there is still a possibility that a small shipment could arrive sooner. I'm still hopeful...

It's kind of irritating that companies like E ZEE Electronics and list a product on Amazon and take your money when they have absolutely no control over the shipping from the supplier.
Anything you order on Amazon including marketplace vendors will not be charged until shipped, at least my E ZEE order through Amazon was not. You might have seen an authorization go through but I doubt it was an actual charge, Amazon does not charge prior to shipment. So far DJI Direct is the only vendor I have ever come across that actually charges your card before they have any idea if/when they can deliver a product. Between that and their near-zero level of communication this is for certain the last time I will ever order from DJI Direct.

Same here. Have a pre order with a LHS and today just placed an order with BB for schedule delivery of 10/31. Will see which one comes through first. My card was charged though, so that's weird.
Alas, it seems very unlikely that while everyone else is moving delivery dates back a month or more that BB can somehow deliver units next week. I'd like to be wrong because I'm one of those who ordered from them, but...

Also I was just in a BB store and asked them to check their inventory system for the Mavic (supposedly expected to be in stores on Oct 31 from their earlier announcement) and was told that they showed nothing, not even a notice to expect delivery which the clerk said that they should be seeing if the units were really due in sometime this week. So in all likelihood no joy there either.

Last edited:
Just received an email from Apple telling me my order is being processed. Ordered October 2 via Apple EPP.

Attachments

• 2016-10-24_14-12-32.jpg
    2016-10-24_14-12-32.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 87
Just received an email from Apple telling me my order is being processed. Ordered October 2 via Apple EPP.
Unfortunately an order being 'processed' doesn't mean anything in terms of a ship date, which from the notification only appears to be 'sometime in November.'

OK, question: Mine is hopefully* on the way, but I have a friend that is interested in ordering one now. He asked me where to order from.

What do you guys think? What would give him the best chance of getting it soonest?

Well I finally got everything straightened out with newegg. Now I just need to get the money from the first order back from payapl into my checking account. Apparently my order expired and had to make a new order number. If it was shipped on the 15th as was stated, the order would not have expired. Good job Dji, I appreciate that. Newegg actually called me today to get the mix-up fixed. Now that is customer service right there. I was told that they are in stock and it will be shipping today. I'm hoping all is finally done and good. This has been a roller coaster from hell since October 1st. I will never pre-order from dji again.

Reactions: crbalch
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor