DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

People asking about additional battery packs don't expect them to be readily available for 3-4 weeks minimum, batteries are always in short supply with a new release, by mid december I would expect them to ship regularly.

It may be reasonable that Best Buy does follow through seeing how BB is DJI's biggest brick and mortor reseller (most valuable customer) I am sure they trump Apple and all boutiques. Generally speaking BB is pretty good with shipping estimates and they must be aware of the volatile launch Since DJI gets the most shelf space (as a drone). It will be interesting to see if Best Buy delivers. Considering BB add sales tax to all taxable states (most) I would assume that BB was not on too many peoples list for pre-order sales at least not until shipping was delayed.

Will be interesting to see how BB handles it, I really cannot see BB leading on and large customer base in a negligent way. I am sure that DJI has a quantity requirement for release with BB and that gets serviced 1st, likely pushing back small retailers and even Apple.

I think it's awesome that people are getting their Mavics already!! In fact I'm not in the least bit upset that other people are receiving theirs before me. If the firmware is all jacked up (which it usually is at first), I want someone else to figure it out before me ; )

By the time I get mine, I will know exactly what NOT to do!

In general, from past experience and a few successful buys, even on a sell out product, Best Buy will have at least a few in stock to sell at each store in the USA on release day. They are very good about that. So you may want to watch Best Buy carefully and be there the morning they get them. That is my plan.

First flight complete, battery re-charging, a couple of things to note:

1) There are a couple of small clear plastic protection film pieces over the forward facing obstacle detection cameras. I don't recall reading anything about removing them before flying....but I'm sure it's a good idea!

2) JPEG data in photos reports the lens as 4.7mm, 26.0mm in 35mm equivalent, vs the 28.0mm published spec. This makes sense with the published FOV of 78.8 degrees.

3) The clear plastic dome also ships with a grey silicone rubber cover, presumably so you don't scratch the dome in transport.

Ordered mine on the 28th of Sept, expecting delivery date of the 26. I ordered the Mavic Pro with the shoulder bad and an extra battery but the only thing that was shipped was the Pro.....ah well

How long did the battery last?

1) There are a couple of small clear plastic protection film pieces over the forward facing obstacle detection cameras. I don't recall reading anything about removing them before flying....but I'm sure it's a good idea!

2) JPEG data in photos reports the lens as 4.7mm, 26.0mm in 35mm equivalent, vs the 28.0mm published spec. This makes sense with the published FOV of 78.8 degrees.

3) The clear plastic dome also ships with a grey silicone rubber cover, presumably so you don't scratch the dome in transport.

What kind of flight time did you produce?

What kind of flight time did you produce?

First flight I only went down to 50% so not indicative, plus batteries need a few cycles to develop full capacity. Overall, 8-10 min, but it was off my patio in the backyard, not more than a couple of meters high. Multiple takeoff/landings. Very stable, even with plastic over the forward vision sensors:eek:

If I was told that reading through this entire thread again, all 75 + pages would some how speed up delivery of my Mavic, I'd choose to wait till February. This has gotten so friggin ridiculous, that I've seriously thought about canceling my order and just waiting for real world testing. After seeing someone post today the whereabouts of the Fedex plane supposendly carrying their beloved Mavic just simply pushed me to the brink of insanity.

My mavic is probs flying over my head right now... unfortunately it's on its way to Tennessee first.

If I was told that reading through this entire thread again, all 75 + pages would some how speed up delivery of my Mavic, I'd choose to wait till February. This has gotten so friggin ridiculous, that I've seriously thought about canceling my order and just waiting for real world testing. After seeing someone post today the whereabouts of the Fedex plane supposendly carrying their beloved Mavic just simply pushed me to the brink of insanity.

You should totally base decisions you make in your life on what strangers post on the internet on a message board. Sounds like a very solid plan.

Here's mine from Cindy at DJI, through Amazon Marketplace this morning at 1:23AM:

Thanks for your email. It is likely that the first batch shipping does not include combo orders or orders with accessories.
You have our sincere apology for the delay of your order.
We completely understand the frustration caused and would spare every effort to speed up the shipping of preorders for combo or accessories.
Should there be any update, we will contact you by email immediately.
We would appreciate your continued support and understanding.

Best regards,
Cindy

I purchased the combo through DJI (Amazon) on Sept 27, 17:50 UTC (12:50pm Central time US)

That's exactly what I got today and I also ordered the combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should all revisit this thread in a Couple of months time and see how daft you all looked.....
not really
some of us budgeted about a month after release to get it ready for a trip
nope

i'm sure there are also people hoping to fly this before winter season is in full-swing.

might as well wait until spring if it's not meant as a christmas gift or anything.

Reactions: botasky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian