DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Same EXACT thing happened to me!! Post up if you get a new update. Did you also pay with PayPal?

On the phone with them now and just got the following email:

"I have received an update from our marketplace support team. They indicate that the seller was having system issues, but that has been resolved & your order should ship within the next 1-2 business days. Once it has shipped tracking information will be provided. Thank you for your patience in this process."

Oh well, good enough for me even though the system issues is probably bs. Hopefully I'll have it early next week, no big deal!

@Incogneito

Why don't you just cancel the order that doesn't come first? If you don't plan on making any money off it all you are doing is taking a Mavic ahead of someone who preordered it and selling it online to someone who didn't. I honestly can't stand the fact the people are preordering more than one and sometimes up to four.

Why would I not preorder two and see which one I get first? Rather than take a gamble? Seems its the smart thing to do

This thread makes me feel so sad! And jealous! That one time when I went for the 'extra' package and it failed on me.

Reactions: Zeroescence
Bloody Hell mate he said the forbidden "B" word! :eek:
ff3283c8b3bff82e903c7854437b21ad.jpg

Why would I not preorder two and see which one I get first? Rather than take a gamble? Seems its the smart thing to do
Just seems selfish to me. Their are so many people waiting on preorders and you want to just add to that congestion so that you can maybe get one a few days early.

Would have made more sense if vendors had something like a $100 dollar non refundable deposit as part of the preorder. Would have prevented all the impatient people from contesting things even more.

Mine was delivered this morning and I wasn't home. So pissed, called FedEx and told them to please try to redeliver today and am still waiting......ugh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My DJI Official Store (Amazon) order (Fly More Bundle) was put in very early on release day (09/27). It has sat with a status of "Expected by Oct 26" has been there since Day 1. I have checked my CC and it has not been charged (by DJI or Amazon) and not even a Pending charge for it. I have seen a someone else say theirs shipped from Amazon (DJI Official), so I am keeping my fingers crossed the status will change favorably to "Shipped" tomorrow. I have not been able to get anything from either Amazon or DJI on the order - they both send me to each other for status updates.

Well I finally got everything straightened out with newegg. Now I just need to get the money from the first order back from payapl into my checking account. Apparently my order expired and had to make a new order number. If it was shipped on the 15th as was stated, the order would not have expired. Good job Dji, I appreciate that. Newegg actually called me today to get the mix-up fixed. Now that is customer service right there. I was told that they are in stock and it will be shipping today. I'm hoping all is finally done and good. This has been a roller coaster from hell since October 1st. I will never pre-order from dji again.
So what was the conclusion on Newegg orders. False shipments?

This thread makes me feel so sad! And jealous! That one time when I went for the 'extra' package and it failed on me.

I feel the same way about the bundle failing me. I thought, well I spent more money with them doing the "fly more" and placed the order on the 27th. But nope here I sit with no updates on my shipment.

Oh well I'll fly my Inspire 1 till it gets here :(

Just seems selfish to me. Their are so many people waiting on preorders and you want to just add to that congestion so that you can maybe get one a few days early.

Would have made more sense if vendors had something like a $100 dollar non refundable deposit as part of the preorder. Would have prevented all the impatient people from contesting things even more.

Of course its selfish. I want the drone as soon as possible, along with everyone else, so why wouldn't I order from multiple places to see who sends it first? I hedged my initial DJI order and I am glad I did it because I'll have it by the end of the week.

So what was the conclusion on Newegg orders. False shipments?

Two of the Newegg orders on here made it today, so they weren't lying. What happened with my and a few other peoples is that somehow the payment authorization expired (due to DJI's delay or something of the sort). So we had to essentially reauthorize the payment, and they are supposed to be shipping tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

They chalked it up to a DJI/Marketplace system issue so who knows what happened...think it occurred to at least 3 Newegg orders on here though.

Reactions: TopQuark
Of course its selfish. I want the drone as soon as possible, along with everyone else, so why wouldn't I order from multiple places to see who sends it first? I hedged my initial DJI order and I am glad I did it because I'll have it by the end of the week.
Do I have to spell it out? One wouldn't do this because it is going to delay other people from getting theirs just to have a chance at saving them a couple days. It might not even save you time, your first order could come in and now all you have done is create more congestion.

It's going to be hilarious when new posts pop up at the end of the month with everyone crying about Bestbuy screwing them when it was obviously never going to ship in the first place.

I bet if you look back at these threads in a few months once everyone has their Mavics you will feel a bit embarrassed at how impatient and almost childish you and others have acted.

Do I have to spell it out? One wouldn't do this because it is going to delay other people from getting theirs just to have a chance at saving them a couple days. It might not even save you time, your first order could come in and now all you have done is create more congestion.

It's going to be hilarious when new posts pop up at the end of the month with everyone crying about Bestbuy screwing them when it was obviously never going to ship in the first place.

I bet if you look back at these threads in a few months once everyone has their Mavics you will feel a bit embarrassed at how impatient and almost childish you and others have acted.

I haven't had a single post complaining about the delay. I understand there can be things beyond DJI's control that would cause a delay. So you have the wrong guy if you think I would ever remotely be embarrassed about ordering from two places, considering I'm not in the demographic that was complaining the whole time.

I think you are reading a bit too far into the "taking an order away from someone else" aspect. If I cancel, it goes to the next person in line. Its called logic, and apparently a good majority of people followed this same logic for a reason.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom