DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

fda61b715aca358ad6f6a4a11354bf6b.jpg

Most info I've heard yet. Not great news.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: whareable
With respect to BB, I don't know how many times I have to say it but unless you insist that the agent manually check the inventory system (vs. simply report what their standard CS screen displays, which will just be the same as the web) you will not get an accurate answer.

Reactions: moocows42
I have an early preorder for the combo placed on 9/27 that is still pending. I also have a bestbuy preorder for the basic package that is allegedly coming on 10/31. In the spirt of good karma, I'll keep both orders and sell whichever one comes second unopened at the price I paid for it, $1,088.74, to one of you that is further down in the queue. (I still want all the stuff that comes with the combo even if it comes late) Only ask is that you are in NYC, meet at my place of choosing (not traveling across town for you), and pay cash. No upcharge at all, but no sense in returning when someone else further down the pipeline can get one sooner. However, NO SHIPPING WHATSOEVER. I don't want to end up in a situation where someone disputed. If nobody takes me up on this, I'll cancel the other order when the first arrives.

Reactions: Josh Miller
fda61b715aca358ad6f6a4a11354bf6b.jpg

Most info I've heard yet. Not great news.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Who was your seller? Because I just received the exact same email, verbatim from E ZEE Electronics:

Hey, they told us yesterday night that they have begun shipping but it will take up to 2 weeks to get orders out, we keep bugging them everyday and this is the most they have told us. They stated they have begun shipping single units and only 40 units have gone out to north america in total.

It seems dji is shipping all of their personal orders before they ship any out to dealers.

"They stated they have begun shipping single units and only 40 units have gone out to north america in total"

In other words DJI is still jacking everyone around and doesn't really have much to ship. Still think BB is going to have it to us in 5 days? :(

"They stated they have begun shipping single units and only 40 units have gone out to north america in total"

In other words DJI is still jacking everyone around and doesn't really have much to ship. Still think BB is going to have it to us in 5 days? :(

Yes. Let's believe "EZ EEE" electronics on Amazon.... I'm sure they are perfectly honest.

OK, then let's believe that BB will begin shipping units in the next day or two. LOL

The way I see it is every was hesitant about ordering anything from DJI directly and so far most of not all orders that have been shipped we're from DJI . The new egg orders were bashed ... especially the one on the 15th (which has received it already) then most were pro auth dealers and amazon and they seem to be last on the list so who knows what will happen ... no need to knock BB or anyone because the just might surprise you. If it comes thru ... sweet! If not just continue to wait and it will eventually come :)

How was it cancelled, automatically?? that blows.... :/ i have a order purchased through the DJI store via amazon as well. No update on mine, i really hope this hasnt happened as well. what a mess...

I dont know, but I spent 2 hours on the phone this morning trying to chase it down. And most places now have dates into December (BB was sold out completely, would not even let me check out). So, ended up back at DJI where I started... I am keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle. To have been one of the first in line to now being last...

I ordered the Fly More package yesterday, 25Oct16, and at the same time I ordered one more battery. As expected the Fly More package is listed as "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." on the Amazon "Your Orders" page, but the status for the extra battery is "Release date: Thursday, December 1, 2016".

A while back I made mention of the long delay in getting TB-48 batteries for the Inspire 1 drone and someone came back and said that was the only DJI drone that had a delay with the batteries -- HHAAA, I think not.

Brian

I ordered my flymore combo on sep 30th via newegg
today it is marked as shipped with a fedex tracking number (though its not shown on fedex yet so i dont know when it arrives, but it's also supposed to be 2 days shipping, so maybe by friday if i'm lucky)

newegg mentioned they asked for expedited processing from dji for my order after i asked newegg support what was up with the delay and if they knew anything. Don't know if that helped, but I do trust that they asked to expedite it from DJI. morale of the story for me: its easier to leverage a big shop than asking DJI to telling you anything. They don't care about a customer, and perhaps small shops - but I'm sure they care about amazon or newegg or apple or bestbuy getting mad at them for not honoring delivery dates without any comm.

Last edited:
I ordered my flymore combo on oct 30th via newegg
today it is marked as shipped with a fedex tracking number (though its not shown on fedex yet so i dont know when it arrives, but it's also supposed to be 2 days shipping, so maybe by friday if i'm lucky)

newegg mentioned they asked for expedited processing from dji for my order after i asked newegg support what was up with the delay and if they knew anything. Don't know if that helped, but I do trust that they asked to expedite it from DJI. morale of the story for me: its easier to leverage a big shop than asking DJI to telling you anything. They don't care about a customer, and perhaps small shops - but I'm sure they care about amazon or newegg or apple or bestbuy getting mad at them for not honoring delivery dates without any comm.

The mavic seems futuristic but I didnt know you can place orders on a future date and come back to present.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman