DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

:(

I have a feeling it may be 'two weeks' (in DJI-speak) rather than two weeks. They just don't have anything to ship. The few units they managed to squeeze out so far may be preproduction hardware that they were forced to release for PR purposes. Those who have to wait a bit longer may be glad they did.
:(

I have a feeling it may be 'two weeks' (in DJI-speak) rather than two weeks. They just don't have anything to ship. The few units they managed to squeeze out so far may be preproduction hardware that they were forced to release for PR purposes. Those who have to wait a bit longer may be glad they did.

How do you have any idea how many usints have been shipped? What percentage of people that are on the list(on this forum) have received their order? What percentage of people that pre-ordered Mavics are on this website? I am guessing they number shipped is a lot bigger than you think it is.

I just had an evil thought, all some unscrupulous person would have to do is post something like 'I just got off the phone with <vendor x> and they said they had 12 in stock because of cancellations. Give them a call!' The result would be like the telephone version of a DDoS attack. :)

I had a good laugh, but you do realize that DDoS originated in the era of "telephone's" right? Or I guess I should say when BBS, businesses, and consumers were on dial-up, ISDN, or an occasional T1 (variant).

Those were fun days without rules and little risks.

I just had an evil thought, all some unscrupulous person would have to do is post something like 'I just got off the phone with <vendor x> and they said they had 12 in stock because of cancellations. Give them a call!' The result would be like the telephone version of a DDoS attack. :)
Yea, and list the telephone number of your ex for them to call...

Alright a little off the topic but we need to lighten the topic up a bit and get some smiles instead of all the tears.

Last edited:
Folks hanging here & on the DJI site are diehards & among the first to have ordered. On the order spreadsheet over at the DJI site, only 55 orders are confirmed as shipped after a week of the factory being in "full swing." Scant YouTube videos of newly received units confirm very few are actually being delivered.

How do you have any idea how many usints have been shipped? What percentage of people that are on the list(on this forum) have received their order? What percentage of people that pre-ordered Mavics are on this website? I am guessing they number shipped is a lot bigger than you think it is.

Reactions: LakeTravis
I had a good laugh, but you do realize that DDoS originated in the era of "telephone's" right? Or I guess I should say when BBS, businesses, and consumers were on dial-up, ISDN, or an occasional T1 (variant).

Those were fun days without rules and little risks.
well dos'ing a telephone line (back in the day, not now) is fairly easy since one call dos'es it haha (so simple D also). but yes, sure ;-)
the scale nowadays though is what makes this stuff reach the common mortal. the scale is pretty scary. back when you had your dialup, you'd think we'll figure a way out of it. But we didnt. We've been lazy. And now, the ddos'es are crazy and everyone starts to hear about them.

Same here, I've been searching with it for days now and finally got a hit today! Ordered 9/27 17:50 UTC DJI Amazon. No updates from Amazon, but a label created today in China via FedEx, shipping to Wisconsin, US. They say it will be here by Friday-that's doubtful, but at least I'm seeing something now!

Z
Let me know when it's shipping so I can update the list.

Let me know when it's shipping so I can update the list.

Both of my Combo orders were the same as his.....label created this morning with scheduled delivery of Friday 10/28. However, it just changed to "Picked up" with a new delivery date of 10/31:

IMG_0597.PNG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard