DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

So it seems the first batch of shipments (Oct. 20-21) only contained the base units (with remote) and no 'Fly More' bundles. The second batch of shipments (Oct. 25-26) only contained 'Fly More' bundles.

I ordered a base unit directly from DJI on 9/28 so I hope that my unit will be in the third batch of shipments. However, I'm now thinking the third batch maybe intended for third-party retailers (BB, apple, etc...) which is possibly why BB is showing 10/31?

I'm leaving for trip on Nov. 5 and would need mind delivered by Nov. 4. I haven't given up yet, but I am slowly losing hope...

Thanks,
dr

Ordered Fly more combo on 2016-09-27 20:21:55 (UTC)
Finally fedex label generated today.
Expected delivery date is Halloween day (dji trick or treat???)
I can use the drone to scare the kids in the neighborhood when they come to the door to get candy :)
I wouldn't suggest flying your Mavic while wearing a clown outfit, the results will certainly fill another 100 or so pages on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derf and Ed209
I just don't get why the order I placed at 2:15pm ET on Sep 27 for the Fly More bundle through Amazon has a Nov 1-Nov17 delivery AND no charge, no shipment, etc. WTF man.

You can add me to the list. Been hovering in the shadows since page 1.
Ordered Fly More combo from DJI official Store on Newegg 10/3, don't know what time it was.
Fedex label was created on 10/26, scheduled for delivery 10/31. No movement yet.
Georgia, the state not the country.

I received this yesterday...I ordered the Fly More.

jpeg

Last edited:
Contacted DJI via email to get an update regarding my order placed on the 29th Sept . Ordred the standard mavic pro. Asked if it was true that most Mavics would not be shipped until December 1st. ...their response

Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
I am very pleased to help you.

Please note that rumors are not correct.
Based on order amount and incoming stock, it is estimated that your order
will be shipped early November, if everything goes well.

I love the statement "if everything goes well"...lol

Every time I read something like this, I 'm always amazed at how people are able to get any information from anyone at DJI. Every time I email or chat, I get the same response that demand is overwhelming... bla bla bla.

For all those with Monday Oct. 31st delivery to the USA, I think many of you might get lucky and see "early" delivery happening on Friday instead. The flight is slightly ahead of schedule compared to the one that left on Monday for the standard orders that many received a day early (Tuesday). So assuming nothing goes wrong with the flight or customs clearance, there's at least a chance!

And for the person that asked, you can track the flight here: FedEx (FX) #5986 ✈ 27-Oct-2016 ✈ HKG / VHHH - KMEM ✈ FlightAware

After a prior false alarm; I can finally confirm my "Fly More" has shipped (Sold by DJI via Amazon to USA - Ordered early on the 27th). It's important to note that the FedEx postal code utility did not work for this order, nor did the delivery manager for this package. I just noticed an authorized charge on my credit card for Amazon Marketplace, logged into my Amazon account and it was marked as shipped and I was able to pull the tracking data from that. Label created at 8:00AM Wednesday, picked up at 11:30AM Thursday (will arrive Monday unless FedEx overachieves again and by a miracle it get's here before the weekend).
If you're willing to send me your tracking number, I can investigate to see why some aren't showing up in the tracking tool.

If you're willing to send me your tracking number, I can investigate to see why some aren't showing up in the tracking tool.
What you created is ridiculously simple, you are literally just constructing the most basic of requests (Get) and I've noticed in my tests that it completely ignores the ship date field, so you could remove that from your tool if you wanted. My shipping reference (the only thing you are searching on other than country and zip) is indeed DJI Goods so that's not the problem. Based on the fact that this isn't showing up in my delivery manager either; I think FedEx has incomplete data scanned on this; and as it get's further in the process it will eventually show up in the track by reference/zip code url.

I ordered the Fly More combo on 9/27 at 11:55am (MST - Boise ID) from the DJI store on Amazon. Yesterday I saw on the DJI search that a shipping label was created for my Zip and this morning I got an email from Amazon that is had shipped. Should have it by Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
What you created is ridiculously simple, you are literally just constructing the most basic of requests (Get) and I've noticed in my tests that it completely ignores the ship date field, so you could remove that from your tool if you wanted. My shipping reference (the only thing you are searching on other than country and zip) is indeed DJI Goods so that's not the problem. Based on the fact that this isn't showing up in my delivery manager either; I think FedEx has incomplete data scanned on this; and as it get's further in the process it will eventually show up in the track by reference/zip code url.
You're right: the "tool" is incredibly simple. It's a basic form that makes a GET request to FedEx. I'm aware of what it is. I hope you can be at least a little bit appreciative of the time I spent making it available to everyone here, however. You don't really seem to be.

That said, I appreciate you investigating to see if the problem was related to the reference number or something else. That's all I'd planned to do.

I'm glad to see that your package has shipped, and I hope you enjoy the Mavic.

You're right: the "tool" is incredibly simple. It's a basic form that makes a GET request to FedEx. I'm aware of what it is. I hope you can be at least a little bit appreciative of the time I spent making it available to everyone here, however. You don't really seem to be.

That said, I appreciate you investigating to see if the problem was related to the reference number or something else. That's all I'd planned to do.

I appreciate you!

Reactions: djholt
After checking numerous times, mine showed up. Then it didn't once the order actually shipped. I have not been able to pull it up but once. Maybe there is just a small window that they show up there.

So I am on the above list for "fly more" kits that shipped yesterday. I ordered on the DJI Amazon store on 9/27. I wanted to report if no one has mentioned this, that I was not charged for the kit until today, 10/27. When the order was placed the funds were authorized, but not captured. In the past I had ordered direct from DJI but now that I know Amazon does not charge your card until it ships I will be making future purchases there.
That's always the case with Amazon as far as I know.

Z

I just don't get why the order I placed at 2:15pm ET on Sep 27 for the Fly More bundle through Amazon has a Nov 1-Nov17 delivery AND no charge, no shipment, etc. WTF man.

Same thing happened to me (see my posts from earlier in this thread). Yours may end up doing exactly like mine did.

DJi
09/28 mavic orders were shipped 3 days ago but that is the last batch the received ship dates

William
the hype is too **** real for this thing. People on the forums are tracking, minute by minute, the location of the FedEx plane as it crosses the Pacific Ocean with their Mavic.

DJi
getting closer to 10/05,... hopefully there will be a huge push soon

DJi
lol,.... i'll tell you a quick story...

DJi
chat w a Swed yesterday.
he received his mavic, cancelled his anniversary daytime date with his wife,
went flying for the whole day
she hid his mavic after he returned
he chat w us to ask if we can track it and if DJI Care covers marriages

William
hahahaha. That's awesome
I can't say I blame him though. lol

DJi
too funny. he was having withdrawals and asked for a DJI support group,...
I gave him the support group url

William
I'm sure you're dealing with alot of crap, but you are always friendly, personable, and upbeat. It goes a long way. I sent an email to onlinesales and it took two days to get back to me with the most generic email I have ever read. It was unprofessional and, as a customer, I was pretty pissed. They are lucky to have you working for them.

DJi
lmao

William
someone who understands the struggle and will provide information to a support group for mavic withdrawl.

DJi
William,... thank you

DJi
I also mentioned that he should teach his wife to fly so they have something in common.

William
common hobbies are the key to success. Who knew the DJI chat was also marriage counseling!

DJi
he tried teaching her to shoot pool and golf,... she is way better than he ever was and his friends prefer her company to his
they don't shoot pool or golf anymore

William
lmao

DJi
the things you learn in chat

William
just an FYI. I'm a high school chemistry teacher and I'm sitting in front of my class right now chatting with you while they work on a research project. haha

DJi
lol,.... always wondered what teachers did while students were doing "busy" work

William
well now you know... they pine over their drones
do you think a shipment by the end of the week is a possibility or should I not get my hopes up

DJi
hmmmmm hope for the best

William
lol. that's a nice, safe answer

DJi
but realize that the anticipation will be well worth it
and when the students find out you have a mavic,... you will be voted "Fav n coolest" teacher

William
lol thanks man
I appreciate it
have a good day

DJi
ty, have a good day too

You mis-interpreted it my response.... Just because something is simple doesn't mean it's not valuable or appreciated. Sometimes the simplest of things are the best. I was just trying to tell you that you are not going to gain anything by having my tracking number; and I would prefer not to post it on a internet forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas