DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precautions of new battery

Unlike many other cell types LiION chemistry does not exhibit what is ordinarily called memory effect. There is no benefit to fully draining/charging in each cycle to maintain maximum usable capacity. It is also well known from the published white papers on the operation that the Texas Instruments battery management electronics don’t need a full discharge cycle to accurately integrate usable capacity and current SOC in the fuel gauging algorithm.

Charge fully before first use and fly as you ordinarily will. These suggested special precautions seemingly have no basis.
Well explained. Thanks a lot

These batteries are lithium polymer and do not hold a memory.
The old story of discharging to 50% and recharge a few times on new batteries came about on old nicad batteries to get them to maintain maximum performance.
Lithium polymer don't need that attention and are sweet to use to full potential right from factory.
The only 3 factors to maintain with LiPo is don't discharge below 10% (DJI auto set in Go4 to 30%) 2, dont leave fully fully charged for to long ie more than a week. (again DJI smart circuit auto discharges to storage charge if left alone) 3, dont charge while hot (again you can't do this with DJI batteries as smart circuit won't allow charging if temp is over limit)
So main thing is dont discharge too low, keep them cool and use them regularly.
Thanks for the detailed explanation

Hi OMM ,

Quick question , can the batteries from the MP2ED be used in the MP2P and vice versa? Planning on purchasing the MP2ED and this would save me some $ if they were interchangeable.
TIA.

They are the same bird just different cameras and you can install the light and loud speaker on M2ED

Can they be switched out between enterprise dual. and Mavic pro 2? I’m thinking of purchasing the enterprise dual and want to know if that works, batteries from different birds ?

Yes they are interchangeable with each other. I use my Enterprise batteries in my Mavic Pro or in my Mavic Enterprise.

Don’t install Mavic 2 firmware in the Enterprise batteries or you will lose the self heating function of the Enterprise batteries.

Reactions: Carb63
Yes they are interchangeable with each other. I use my Enterprise batteries in my Mavic Pro or in my Mavic Enterprise.

Don’t install Mavic 2 firmware in the Enterprise batteries or you will lose the self heating function of the Enterprise batteries.
Thank you for the 411. Specially the firmware. ???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes