DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precise fly database updated not completing.

Makey

Reactions
Hi just got my air today , starting for first time , updating firmware ok , but every time it says update database it fails at 20% . Any ideas please

Hi just got my air today , starting for first time , updating firmware ok , but every time it says update database it fails at 20% . Any ideas please
Do you still have WiFi turned on on your tablet/phone?
If so turn it off as the fly safe database has already been downloaded within the Go4 app and just needs to be transferred to the aircraft.
Try turning off WiFi and then see if the database transfers across.

I know when my firmware wasn't updated. It would give me the same errors. Even on the computer. I'd double check to make sure. After I updated the firmware, everything was good to go and no more errors.

I have this issue as well. It is exactly as you describe. I returned one unit to the retailer and have the same problem with my second unit. After hours of testing and trying and even with DJI Assistant 2 app on my PC failing in the same way, DJI asked me to return it to them for repair. I dropped it off at the UPS pickup this afternoon.

Looking at this from another lens updating the flysafe database means you will be more restricted where you can and can’t fly. Often times this has nothing to do with where it’s legal to fly or not. Most people ignore those updates because they don’t want DJI to wake up one night in a cold sweat and restrict you from flying in some arbitrary location they decide will be a no fly zone.

Reactions: Vegasdad
I believe I might have had a similar problem with my new Mavic Air. In retrospect, I think my initial attempt to update the firmware via the go4 app was only partially successful. The app did show the latest firmware had been installed, but I continued to receive the flysafe database warnings. Eventually, I used the DJI assistant program on a pc, and selected an option to refresh the firmware version that I thought had already been installed. That fixed my problem. I never had another flysafe database problem. Also, the Go4 app shows different version numbers for the databases versus before I did the firmware refresh.

I have this issue as well. It is exactly as you describe. I returned one unit to the retailer and have the same problem with my second unit. After hours of testing and trying and even with DJI Assistant 2 app on my PC failing in the same way, DJI asked me to return it to them for repair. I dropped it off at the UPS pickup this afternoon.

Did you get the unit back and is it working now?

I'm having this exact issue and opened a ticket with DJI today. The first unit I got had a dead remote controller and Target exchanged it for a new package. If the second one is also bad, I'm probably just going to return it and be done. It just isn't acceptable IMO.

Did you get the unit back and is it working now?

I'm having this exact issue and opened a ticket with DJI today. The first unit I got had a dead remote controller and Target exchanged it for a new package. If the second one is also bad, I'm probably just going to return it and be done. It just isn't acceptable IMO.

I hear you, they replaced it but that unit had the same issue. I used the Chat support line and this time got someone who knew what he was doing. Two other techs couldn’t get Assistant 2 to do a firmware update, but this guy did.

I think they now know how to fix the issue. You have to do the firmware update from the shipping version to the latest version with Assistant 2 first. Then the Precise database update works.

I hear you, they replaced it but that unit had the same issue. I used the Chat support line and this time got someone who knew what he was doing. Two other techs couldn’t get Assistant 2 to do a firmware update, but this guy did.

I think they now know how to fix the issue. You have to do the firmware update from the shipping version to the latest version with Assistant 2 first. Then the Precise database update works.

I got mine working a couple of hours ago. What I did was refresh the drone’s firmware using DJI Assistant. Next, I removed my SD card and ran the NFZ update from DJI GO 4. It worked immediately. The weird thing was that it reset a bunch of my settings and I actually thought it was bricked. A few reboots of the drone and controller and everything seemed OK and I did a couple of short flights with no issues. I really enjoy this drone outside of these weird things. :)

Reactions: johnbosteiner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22