DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision landing question

You dont need to pause, simply ascend vertically 7m or more without moving the aircraft.

Makes no difference at all to accuracy (as backed up by the manual). The not-moving is the important part for accuracy, nothing else.

Why not just land manually, it is easy to do and I'm no expert but have done that from the start these past two years with never a problem?

Why not just land manually, it is easy to do and I'm no expert but have done that from the start these past two years with never a problem?

Precision landing is very useful to have in the event of a problem, should the RC fail, connection be lost and not re-established and so on its worth knowing the drone will land within a few inches of where it left as opposed to a few metres (so hitting trees, wires, rooftops, rocks, the sea etc).

I hand launch and catch 90%+ of the time but its still useful to have confidence the drone will return *exactly* should i lose signal and am unable to reconnect.

I've auto landed airliners many times over the years and enjoy doing the same with the drone. It's just cool to watch! LOL Technology is awesome (just be prepared and capable to take over manually) :)

Reactions: Dan C
I'm not sure but I feel like a nice bright object that stands out really helps the M2P accuracy also. I went with the bright orange 3 footer from Hoodman and the drone seems to love it....Screenshot (293).png

Does the Mavic 2 pro automatically use precision landing? There is not setting for it?
There is no setting. Just follow the tips here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini