DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preflight before each flight

Former Member

Reactions
I always give my Mavic a preflight and postflight inspection when I fly. Today I found something I've never seen before in the hundreds of flights I have on my and other Mavics.

My Mavic has never been crashed, hard landed or overheated, the battery has only 5 charge cycles on it, I have other batteries I also use. Today the ambient temperature was 84° and I didnt notice any components that were too hot after the first flight. In my postflight, I found the battery had swelled, but still fit and latched into the compartment.

Im not going to use this battery after noticing this, it's going back to DJI for analysis.

While I don't disagree with the concept of giving your drone a good "look see" before letting it fly itself.. I'm curious to hear the reason for the "Remove before flight" tag.. Is the purpose of removing it, to remove it?

It's probably on the gimbal clamp. As that part is transparent and usually easy to miss before powering up the craft (and can cause damage if left on during start-up), it is a big obvious tagged reminder attached to it to remind you to remove it before flight. Regular aircraft have many of the same types of tags for relevant items that must be removed before flight.

eDUARD remove before flight tag 49068 (7).jpg

Those of us too old, too blind, too forgetful, too preoccupied, or just plain smart enough would use such a tag in order to avoid a more costly repair. Since Thunderdromes repairs Mavics as a service, I'm assuming he's seen his fair share of us that are one of those types listed. :cool:

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405