DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prepping a drone for sale.

OurAngryBadger

Reactions
I am selling my Spark when I get my mavic. Just wondering what steps I need to take before selling it.

Is there some kind of factory reset that will wipe out the settings and wifi network passwords and such?

How do I unlink the drone from my DJI account so DJI wont think it's stolen and being used unauthorized?

I know also ill need to cancel my registration somehow with the FAA and take the ID stickers off. Anything else I'm missing?

You don’t need to do anything. Whomever buys it will need to start a DJI account and register the drone to it, and that’s that really.

You don’t need to do anything. Whomever buys it will need to start a DJI account and register the drone to it, and that’s that really.

Huh. Really?

I guess I always thought the drone was locked to your account, hence why you had to activate it.

Seems like it would be really easy for DJI to lock it to your account to prevent a stolen drone from being used or resold.

DJI drops the ball again. But I digress...

Huh. Really?

I guess I always thought the drone was locked to your account, hence why you had to activate it.

Seems like it would be really easy for DJI to lock it to your account to prevent a stolen drone from being used or resold.

If you register the drone you need to take it of your account on the FAA registration form

Reactions: OurAngryBadger
Huh. Really?

Yup. All of your data is in Go4, not on the drone.

Reactions: OurAngryBadger

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78