DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pretty cool drone videos from 2023 Big Surf competition in Hawaii

Wow, some awesome surf action there, and more than one drone flying including Mavics and saw a Phantom.
That waves that went into the crowd too at 1:00 and 5:45.

Funny, a few years ago I watched a few videos where surf comps had bans on drones, and only helis doing the aerials, drone pilots being found and harassed etc.
Looks like this was sanctioned for the drone footage, and not a heli in sight, good to see drones are becoming more recognised for the efficiency and cost advantages.

Awesome video!

Moving it to the correct spot

Wonder what all that brown stuff in the water was. Some of the drones looked like they were getting wet.

Very entertaining video. I watched the whole thing. I am not a surfer, but I wonder how those guys keep from running over each other? Also, it sure looks like they are getting the tar beat out of them. 🙀

Thanks for sharing this awesome video! Loved it!

Excellent video, thanks for sharing. I’m sure that the salt water environment will take its toll on the drones just as it does on manned aircraft, exposure causing corrosion. The drone operators will have to revise their drone inspections and maintenance procedures accordingly.
B52-D
〰️Blue Skys & Happy Contrails➰

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser