DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your DJI Mavic (the Complete Guide)

I just briefly scanned your guide. It's excellent IMO and just what a newb like me needs! Thank you!!

If possible, it would be great if this were downloadable as a PDF so I could have it on my phone for future reference when I'm out and about. :)
No need for a PDF. I just saved to desktop and put the shortcut in my drone folder.

Reactions: msinger
I just saved to desktop and put the shortcut in my drone folder
Good idea! You'll then always be viewing the most recent version.

From todays experience, I'd like to suggest a rather tongue in cheek addition to the "Landing Tips" ie.
Make sure there isn't a large Labrador in your flying field, who's idea of fun is to jump up and intercept your pride and joy while its trying to land, while the owner wanders off oblivious to theg situation
Landing on my hand has been on my list of things to practice. Trying to do it with several stone of overweight lab jumping up at the same time proved a tad difficult.
To make matters worse my controller was screaming critical battery level, landing now etc, etc.
Bloody dogs, why don't they stick to frisbys.

Oh My! Just coming on board ready to purchase my first drone. The list of "must" ready keeps growing (-: Big thanks for sharing this critical information.

I've been following a few threads where folks have lost their drones, and a prevailing issue seems to be taking off and flying before the drone has enough satellites in view to reduce the risk of dropping into ATTI mode. I was surprised to learn that even when the RC is telling you that its in 'GPS Mode' it might not even have a GPS position. Anecdotal advice seems to be "wait until the app shows you have 10 sats" as well as GPS Mode.

So, if 10 sats or more is a valid pre-takeoff check in your opinion, recommend adding it to the guide. Its often a problem in valleys or 'urban canyons'.

Good guide.
i would add to the section describing ATTI mode the general recommendation to alter one of the existing modes - T or S into the ATTI mode, as in most situations when drone looses its marbles in the attempt to recover position due to glitching GPS or compass - the simple switch to the gyro stabilized ATTI mode _may_ allow to drive this model safely back home. a lot of people are not even aware that it is possible, yet, it is a best safety net one can have with this DJI autopilot code.

That must have been an exhausting undertaking.
Thank you for your effort and making it available to all of us.
I compiled all of my best DJI drone tips into this guide to help you prevent a crash or flyaway with your DJI drone. If you follow the advice in this guide, you will learn many tips for flying safely and will greatly reduce the chance of a flyaway or crash.

Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your DJI Mavic (The Complete Guide)

As a grommet pilot [noobie] and a survivor of a pilot error crash through lack of experience [no harm done to my Mav] I am seriously grateful for your help compilation

I can now trust my Mav again through knowing what happened & Why and having a resource like this to guide my education.

Many thanks for your time and effort

****, wish I knew about this before Tuesday when I had a flyaway and it crashed into a house at full speed. Repairable, but a PITA.

****, wish I knew about this before Tuesday when I had a flyaway and it crashed into a house at full speed
Sorry to hear about your bad news :(

Spread the word so others don't do the same thing ;)

This is awesome! Very detailed and easy to read.
Wish I had this 3 years ago.
Nice work. I appreciate you sharing. Looks like a lot of time invested.
Very thorough and no fluff. My favorite to read. [emoji16]

Considering buying a new drone, your work is like a gold mine for me. Sure I will spend time to study this impressive materal from first to last letter. Thanks much!

That is what I like about this forum.
There is so much info to help anyone.
I have read that one the first month of owning my MA2. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121