DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pricing for corporations

cknipp

Reactions
Hello friends!

I have heard from others that they charge corporations 2-3x’s the amount that they charge an individual or small business for their drones services. I think I have an idea why, but thought I would pose the question to this group. What is the reason we should charge corporations more for our work? I appreciate your feedback. I am fairly new to the drone business having recently passed my part 107.

Blessings,
Chris

My prices are based on the job not client

Reactions: Redbird1000
Thanks for the feedback. I understand that, but some have told me to price more for corporations, because doing work for a corporation means that the job is pleasing a whole board of directors and not just a single client, individual, or small business. They said, doing work for a corporation means the job is pleasing several people making it higher pressure, higher expectations, in some cases, greater liability. And since the expectations are higher there is more scrutiny which may result in the expectation to provide a few drafts resulting in more time editing because so many eyes are on it with various opinions.

So, with the job entailing all of this, is it fair to price 2 to 3 times higher what you would normally charge for an individual or small business?

I’m not saying whether it is right or wrong, I’m trying to figure out what is right or wrong and what are the established norms?

I have not asked many people about this, but a few that I have talked to told me to Price 2 to 3 times higher for corporate work. So I figured I’d bounce the question here to see what others are doing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback. I understand that, but some have told me to price more for corporations, because doing work for a corporation means that the job is pleasing a whole board of directors and not just a single client, individual, or small business. They said, doing work for a corporation means the job is pleasing several people making it higher pressure, higher expectations, in some cases, greater liability. And since the expectations are higher there is more scrutiny which may result in the expectation to provide a few drafts resulting in more time editing because so many eyes are on it with various opinions.

So, with the job entailing all of this, is it fair to price 2 to 3 times higher what you would normally charge for an individual or small business?

I’m not saying whether it is right or wrong, I’m trying to figure out what is right or wrong and what are the established norms?

I have not asked many people about this, but a few that I have talked to told me to Price 2 to 3 times higher for corporate work. So I figured I’d bounce the question here to see what others are doing.

Thanks for the feedback!
Cooperations know and understand fair market practices and pricing. If you are not careful you could price yourself out of the job. In my experience it is best to look at hourly rates and the job itself versus the size of the company.

Try it and you'll see soon enough if nobody wants your services at those prices.
Will all depend on local market conditions, so it's impossible to predict.

It helps to have an online portfolio of work. It takes time. If you're just starting out then find someone you know and do a (free) job for them. Do it really well and post it to your portfolio. Your customers will pay more for someone who delivers above average work. Plus you have to be a bit of a salesman.

Hello friends!

I have heard from others that they charge corporations 2-3x’s the amount that they charge an individual or small business for their drones services. I think I have an idea why, but thought I would pose the question to this group. What is the reason we should charge corporations more for our work? I appreciate your feedback. I am fairly new to the drone business having recently passed my part 107.

Blessings,
Chris
Hello Chris! Charge what you will, but be sure the current market will bear it. Might this article be of help? Let me know! Blessings back! ;-) T | The Ultimate Guide to Pricing Your Drone Services

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne