DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem formatting MicroSD card

RealDiverDan

Reactions
I'm new to the Mavic Mini, but I've used Phantom 3 and 4s since just after a SCUBA trip in 2015 where I saw one in use.

In trying to start my Mavic Mini I registered, made sure everything was at full power, updated all devices to Ver 1.0.4, but I still can't get past openoing screens.

I get the RC Setup screen, select Camera View, and get "Not connected". Then I move on to a screen to set up flight parameters like distance and height, and Card info under Storage Location. The is a blue "Format" and I click it but nothing happens. It shows "0MB/0Mb available". I've tried two different MicroSD cards of types that worked with the Phantoms, and I deleted all old files before I inserted them into the Mini.

I'll also contact DJI Support, but I figured I might get a better response from the community.

Thanks, folks, and calmer than you are,

RealDiverDan

Photo from Seven Seas liveaboard, Sept 2015, East of Flores, Indonesia
Me with divemaster and another diver.jpg

Try formatting the microSD card using a computer, then reinsert and try again.
I use the utility from the SD Association.

Thanks, kawartha,

I used the SDA utility, got the same message, and then did a full format with the Windows 10 Disk Management, same result.
Today I took everything outside and did my first flight with the Mini. I think the problem may have been from setting up too close to my laptop, with a small speaker about 2 feet away; magnetic interference. Lesson learned.

RealDiverDan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones