DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem using Samsung tablet

Huge Bama Fan

Reactions
I have a couple of samsung tablets and each one does the same thing. The display is extremely distorted can't even make stuff out it just comes and goes. I have a freind that has a Mavic 2 Pro and he had the same experience with his Samsung tablet. We have tries different cables but no change. My Samsung phones work great

Make sure nothing is running in the background, kill all apps.

Also, the "newer" versions are RAM hungry, you'll need at least 2 bg RAM for the newer versions.

Use a good data cable from the bottom of the controller to the tabby.

Failing that, try an earlier version of the Go app, you can pick your version here:
DJI GO 4 for Android - APK Download
Goes all the way back to Mavic intro....

Last edited:
Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Samsung tablet??? Please name the model. It's possible it's just not capable of running the DJI app. Is it a dedicated device or slap full of running apps? As much info as you have would certainly help in getting an educated response.

That looks like it has 1.5 gb of RAM in it. I think it would be iffy on the later versions of the Go app. You may want to try the earlier versions on your SG4 tabby....

I have the same problem. They WONT work with the last couple of updates so I got an I pad air no more problems.

I am an Android person (S9), wave the flag and all BUT I shifted to a dedicated iPad a year and a half ago because of all the problems people were having with the Android devices. 6 months ago I bought an iPad Pro and love it.

Free resources is a key factor. Turn off video cache to the device maybe that will help. The app is bigger in later versions only because it contains more parts for the many new models of DJI Drones. Once you select your drone what goes on in the app is basically the same as it always was. And uses about the same processor power. There are other tweaks that are needed with some android devices. A little searching here will result in things to try. I gave up on android all together a few years ago. I have made the switch to Apple and everything works fine. I didn’t care for all the tweaks that android devices often need to work as expected. If you are not a tech geek. Apple devices just plain work with DJI stuff

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77