DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with DJI FlySafe Unlock Request Form

mtp1032

Reactions
In filling out the personal info for the authentication step for unlocking an NFZ (https://fly-safe.dji.com/account-manage/background-information) the form will not accept my phone number. More specifically, the phone field requires an area code prefix and, in the list of drop down area codes, my phone's area code (425) is absent. Moreover, the form will not accept a typed entry.

What's the secret handshake?

Thanks

Reactions: Critterr
The whole process is vague and buggy. Believe it or not, I had similar issue last week where I went to unlock my M2, was successful, then went to duplicate the unlock for my Mini 2 and flysafe wouldn't recognize my phone number, the same number that I had used on moments earlier.

Additionally after all the wrangling I had to do to get unfenced for a project (covered on another thread) I went to shoot my job and my Mini 2 had been allowed only 100' horizontal space to fly in, but fortunately my M2 was fully unlocked and I used it to cover the front of the client's building.

Others here will disagree, but IMO geofencing is complete and total bullspit. If such measures were really necessary why hasn't it been mandated that car makers need to limit the max speed on cars to 55mph??? Surely there are more deaths from people driving 56mph than flying drones. Regardless of anything in life, YOU CANNOT REDUCE RISK TO ZERO or even come close... but folks in control always seem to continue to try... and fail, punishing the 99% for the 1%. But yet 99% compliance for any thing at any level would be considered a huge success and non-problem. The problem: Common sense is no longer common.

Last edited:
I've seen a drop-down menu for country codes, but not for local area codes. When I put in my phone number, I type it, including area code. But it won't work if you include dashes-- 123-456-7890. Or maybe its the other way around, you have to include dashes. Can't remember, but one worked, the other wouldn't.

The whole process is vague and buggy. Believe it or not, I had similar issue last week where I went to unlock my M2, was successful, then went to duplicate the unlock for my Mini 2 and flysafe wouldn't recognize my phone number, the same number that I had used on moments earlier.

Additionally after all the wrangling I had to do to get unfenced for a project (covered on another thread) I went to shoot my job and my Mini 2 had been allowed only 100' horizontal space to fly in, but fortunately my M2 was fully unlocked and I used it to cover the front of the client's building.

Others here will disagree, but IMO geofencing is complete and total bullspit. If such measures were really necessary why hasn't it been mandated that car makers need to limit the max speed on cars to 55mph??? Surely there are more deaths from people driving 56mph than flying drones. Regardless of anything in life, YOU CANNOT REDUCE RISK TO ZERO or even come close... but folks in control always seem to continue to try... and fail, punishing the 99% for the 1%. But yet 99% compliance for any thing at any level would be considered a huge success and non-problem. The problem: Common sense is no longer common.
As you know, we have been on this rodeo before. What, exactly, is the web site for unlocking?

As you know, we have been on this rodeo before. What, exactly, is the web site for unlocking?

I didn't put in all that advertising about DJI! -- Only the website for self unlocking.

I didn't put in all that advertising about DJI! -- Only the website for self unlocking.
I am very grateful for this. I will definitely bookmark this!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut