DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with Google dji (racing) ?

Xblog

Reactions
hum.. i think i have a potential problem with Google dji racing edition.
When I take the helmet off, the headband retract automatical
Is it normal ? Have you the same thing with your Google dji ?

Reactions: Irish-apple
no idea ? is it normal ? help please

1535354526-capture-d-ecran-2018-08-27-a-09-21-25.png

Haven' received mine yet, they are due to arrive in a couple days. I already have the standard edition Goggles (not racing) and when you take them off your head the headband stays extended as you set it through the rear wheel

I meant, if your goggles were the standards, then I would say yours are damaged. Maybe it's instead the correct behavior for the racing edition. If you won't have received an answer by when I'll get mine, I'll let you know

Reactions: Xblog
hum.. i think i have a potential problem with Google dji racing edition.
When I take the helmet off, the headband retract automatical
Is it normal ? Have you the same thing with your Google dji ?

Yes the head band does close up and has to be readjusted, I don’t really consider that an issue though!??? Why do you? It’s not hard to adjust, and I absolutely love my DJI Racing edition goggles are fantastic!! Or maybe I just got a good set?!?! LoL

Last edited:
Besides isn’t it spelled goggles not google? When you typed google that threw me off until I saw the previous post,,,

Last edited:
dji said that it's a problem.. i sent it to dji via ups

Mine do the same thing. The headband will slide closed when off the head. Seems normal. Makes it easy to push closed before putting them in the backpack. If they didn’t stay closed and therefore tight on your head, that would be an issue. Will be interesting to see what you get back.

There is both an adjustment wheel and a spring. Obviously the spring retracts. When extending with the wheel you can retract with a light push. All normal, you're wasting your time/money by sending back.

There is both an adjustment wheel and a spring. Obviously the spring retracts. When extending with the wheel you can retract with a light push. All normal, you're wasting your time/money by sending back.

it's prepaid by DJI... and i'm very surprised that DJI doesn't know this new function of his Goggles...

A support rep can only go from the description you give to them. If what you said sounds weird they'll take it in, even if the actual issue is only your description.

I am not sure of your description either, it's not clear whether you had to put force or not, a little or a lot, if it retracted 1cm or 10... But since I'm not a CS rep I'm not there to please the customer and assume it's more likely to be a poor explanation.

A video would have been clearer.

My goggles will close a bit when I remove them . I don’t think it a big deal . If they did not stay tight while wearing them then I would be concerned

I set up my RE today and flown a couple batteries, upon removal the head band remains "open" as I adjusted it to fit confortably when on my head. It is anyway easy to retract "by itself" by a light push, so probably some units my be more smooth-flowing than others up to the point where they don't stay "open" and seem defective.

Reactions: Xblog
I set up my RE today and flown a couple batteries, upon removal the head band remains "open" as I adjusted it to fit confortably when on my head. It is anyway easy to retract "by itself" by a light push, so probably some units my be more smooth-flowing than others up to the point where they don't stay "open" and seem defective.

thanks for your feeback ! for me Dji said "Warranty swap."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde