DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with the fly app or broken camera?

jerimi900

Reactions
Hi
I have a dji mini 3 that have worked perfect for 1.5 year now.

2 days ago when i started the drone and app, it said " the dji fly app have bugs and wont work correclty, please wait for developers to for it".
i could start the drone and fly but the screen/camera was all black.

After a while i could not even open the app so I installed it again.
Same thing as before, the camera was black.
I can steer the gimbal and I can fly the drone but no camera and the app freezes and can not click on most of the icons/settings.

Also it fails to update to latest version of the app.
"Failed to update" it says.
I have a samsung s20 and never crashed the drone.

Any sugestion whst to do?

Last edited:
And you know that all android DJI apps doesn't get published in the Google Play store anymore? You need to download the installation file directly from DJI's own website & manually install it.

You can get the correct DJI Fly app here --> DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI (the latest version for Android is 1.14.1). And before you try to install, uninstall the app you have on your phone now first.

And you know that all android DJI apps doesn't get published in the Google Play store anymore? You need to download the installation file directly from DJI's own website & manually install it.

You can get the correct DJI Fly app here --> DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI (the latest version for Android is 1.14.1). And before you try to install, uninstall the app you have on your phone now first.
Done exactly that a few times, also tried installing older versions of the app but still dont work.

It seems you are using a dum controller and a phone.
If correct have you tried another controller-to-phone cable or scheck that the phones socket is clear of fluff ?
Does the phone connect to comuter via USB ?
Do you see telemetry on the phone's screen ?

Last edited:
It seems you are using a dum controller and a phone.
If correct have you tried another controller to phone cable or scheck that the phones socket is clear of fluff ?
Does the phone connect to comuter via USB ?
Do you see telemetry on the phone's screen ?
On my phone, it looks very similar to this https://www.droneblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/1S1a.png

I dont have any other controller.
I can fly the drone and the app opens, and yes the phone connect to usb and pc.

Is there a high strength ND fitted? Reason I ask is because the histogram shows pretty much 100% ETTL. Physically check the camera lens for clarity. Remove any filter/lens hood from the camera and re-boot the drone. Try returning the settings to 'auto' instead of 'pro' and if the E.V doesn't alter automatically from -3: physically shift it to 0.0. (all of the above supposes this is a screenshot of your drone app).

If the above suggestions don't work: the obvious thing to assume is that there is no live feed signal being fed from the controller to the app. Check the simplest thing first - change the video feed cable for one that is guaranteed high speed TWO WAY data/OTG.

When I replaced the original cable, the one I bought didn't work. This was because it was a ONE-WAY OTG. To solve the problem, I had to reverse the ends of the cable (plug the end I'd plugged into the phone into the controller and vice-versa).

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I just tried wirh a friends phone and it worked, so its defiently something with the app or possibly phone.

Very glad it worked beccause I didnt feel like spending money on a new drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMA