DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with video recording

Nowhere Man

Reactions
Hi folks. I am new to this site and I am hoping someone might be able to help me out; My video recordings are grainy and hesitate. It was recommended that I use a U3 SD card as my drone (DJI Mavic 2 Pro) records in 4K. So I have been using "Scandisk Extreme Plus U3 64 GB". However, I still have the same hesitation (like the data transfer is too still two low). I have left the Phot/Video settings on auto until I get this problem resolved. I am new to drone video filming in general but would like to become proficient.

Thanks for any help!

Hi folks. I am new to this site and I am hoping someone might be able to help me out; My video recordings are grainy and hesitate. It was recommended that I use a U3 SD card as my drone (DJI Mavic 2 Pro) records in 4K. So I have been using "Scandisk Extreme Plus U3 64 GB". However, I still have the same hesitation (like the data transfer is too still two low). I have left the Phot/Video settings on auto until I get this problem resolved. I am new to drone video filming in general but would like to become proficient.
The SD card would not make videos grainy.
Low light levels and high ISO settings do though.
Set your ISO to 100 and do some testing in good light and see if that's any better.

Reactions: ClaudioSr
Thanks for the reply. Maybe grainy is the wrong description. I think the main issue is the hesitation. For example; the video feed will be clear then it will hesitate, as if experiencing slow data transfer. The ghosting or grainy texture occurs when that happens. I will certainly adjust the ISO and work with it but I am also thinking it has something to do with transfer speeds which is why I changed to the U3 SD card.

Thanks again for you help.

For example; the video feed will be clear then it will hesitate, as if experiencing slow data transfer. The ghosting or grainy texture occurs when that happens.
I thought you were talking about your recorded video but now it sounds like you mean the live view?
The SD card and ISo settings won't have any effect on your live view.
Hesitation or lag in the live view is going to be due to the phone or tablet not keeping up with the data transmission.
If the issue is with your live view, it might be that your phone/tablet is not fast enough or not configured properly.

I thought you were talking about your recorded video but now it sounds like you mean the live view?
The SD card and ISo settings won't have any effect on your live view.
Hesitation or lag in the live view is going to be due to the phone or tablet not keeping up with the data transmission.
If the issue is with your live view, it might be that your phone/tablet is not fast enough or not configured properly.
Are you talking about on playback on your computer? If so I had to upgrade to a 4K computer/monitor because I had bad hesitation on all my video's. It solved the problem big time.

I always have my transmission levels set to low to the mobile device - and yes you will see lag, choppiness and lots of stuff from time to time - that's normal - the good quality video will be on your memory card on the drone - there are video capture settings that record to the memory card and video settings in the transmission from the drone to the mobile device - two separate beasts !!

you will see lag, choppiness and lots of stuff from time to time - that's normal
Normal with a phone/tablet that's not really good enough to run the DJI Go4 app properly.
With a suitable tablet, the app runs without glitching.

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the lag in response. Yes, I have lag and glitching on play back on my computer, phone and tablet, even with SD card or internal memory Upgrading to 4K ready devices sounds like my 'need to do'.

Reactions: WAXMAN

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar